Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boom_box87
    replied
    I will call the TNT hotline number today to make a follow-up about this..

Anyway, while waiting for the package. Where can I find these kinds of pole/mast clamps since I will be installing the receiver on a concrete wall.

BR4XD_800x600t.jpg

For reference, here is my plan where to put the pole..
    ANTENNA.jpg

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Boom still no status change this morning. Something is holding up your package at the Manila branch. Since you haven't received any word you may have to follow up with that company you worked for assistance. If you gave FR24 your correct email and phone number it is strange TNT hasn't tried to contact you. The process on the status page is forwarding to a local courier and that step hasn't been taken yet so it must be financial. Check your junk email. I have the phone number of the credit department in TNT Manila if the problem is financial.

Reference M1604-051 Exception error

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    I see John, Boom has no status still this morning, maybe he has charge or bill that he will gonna pay in customs, try calling customer service 02(551-5632) or email them what is the problem of your package. I worry about your package Boom

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
    Yes, I haven't got any latest update of that shipment. But I'm already expecting that JRS will be the one serve here in Iligan if it came from TNT.
    I use to work before in JRS Iligan and TNT is their tie-up company for shipping outside the country.

Same goes to Air21 and FedEx..
    Boom still no status change this morning. Something is holding up your package at the Manila branch. Since you haven't received any word you may have to follow up with that company you worked for assistance. If you gave FR24 your correct email and phone number it is strange TNT hasn't tried to contact you. The process on the status page is forwarding to a local courier and that step hasn't been taken yet so it must be financial. Check your junk email. I have the phone number of the credit department in TNT Manila if the problem is financial.

Reference M1604-051 Exception error

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
    Really! Youre picking a package without an ID.. Youre in ILigan man, LbC, jrs ups dhl requires it when its a pick up package.. They even need your signature even sent to your home..wl good luck with your reciever.. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No sky i'm in Naga City, Camarines Sur and Boom is from Iligan see my signature below

Leave a comment:

• skyspotter
    replied
    Really! Youre picking a package without an ID.. Youre in ILigan man, LbC, jrs ups dhl requires it when its a pick up package.. They even need your signature even sent to your home..wl good luck with your reciever.. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Good Evening guys just update from my tracking of shipment just came from JRS Express but I didn't bring my ID so I didn't get the package but I'm pissed off it's just an ID, so I will just get my package tomorrow with my ID, and plan to install it immediately.
    Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-04-19, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Boom hasn't got that advisement yet. They are probably looking for a local courier that serves Iligan City.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Yes he hasn't got yet any advisement, soon you will get also Boom an advise just be patient

Leave a comment:

• boom_box87
    replied
    Boom hasn't got that advisement yet. They are probably looking for a local courier that serves Iligan City.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Yes, I haven't got any latest update of that shipment. But I'm already expecting that JRS will be the one serve here in Iligan if it came from TNT.
    I use to work before in JRS Iligan and TNT is their tie-up company for shipping outside the country.

Same goes to Air21 and FedEx..

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by kurtgavino15 View Post
    Update for the FR24 receiver:
    The package will have no charges and all will be shouldered by FR24 and the package is forwarded to the local courier JRS Express and expecting to arrive on April 20, 2016
    There's a picture attached below for the transactions on TNT Express:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7418[/ATTACH]

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Update for the FR24 receiver:
    The package will have no charges and all will be shouldered by FR24 and the package is forwarded to the local courier JRS Express and expecting to arrive on April 20, 2016
    There's a picture attached below for the transactions on TNT Express:

Untitled.jpg

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Shippers can designate if they pay the expense of getting the shipment to you or those extra expenses are paid by you. FR24 pays all the expenses, others do not.

If you order something from China for example, most shippers do not prepay expenses so when it arrives in Manila, you have to forward that amount to pay for customs to the shipping company before they will transfer it to a local courier. The expenses not only include the customs charge but storage over the weekend and document fees.

I have used TNT before and this delay can be two days or more past the promised date. TNT also doesn't always check to see if a particular courier serves your location and the transfer to the wrong local courier and back can add a couple of days before a new courier is selected. DHL on the otherhand seems to beat the promised delivery date.

Boom and Kurt be advised, promised delivery dates aren't always written in stone when TNT is involved.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Oh Thank you very much John for the info but before I ordered the first FR24 radar was also TNT Express but FR24 paid all the expenses and said that its Delivery Duty Paid or DDP for short, but I don't know now if FR24 is DDP or not, Boom and I will know soon because TNT Express now message me that there will be bill charges but no amount yet has been specified but I hope it will be shouldered all by FR24 by DDP so that I and Boom will not pay any expenses when it comes to customs it's only in the Philippines, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-04-18, 04:16.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Receiving Stuff from Outside the Philippines

Shippers can designate if they pay the expense of getting the shipment to you or those extra expenses are paid by you. FR24 pays all the expenses, others do not.

If you order something from China for example, most shippers do not prepay expenses so when it arrives in Manila, you have to forward that amount to pay for customs to the shipping company before they will transfer it to a local courier. The expenses not only include the customs charge but storage over the weekend and document fees.

I have used TNT before and this delay can be two days or more past the promised date. TNT also doesn't always check to see if a particular courier serves your location and the transfer to the wrong local courier and back can add a couple of days before a new courier is selected. DHL on the otherhand seems to beat the promised delivery date.

Boom and Kurt be advised, promised delivery dates aren't always written in stone when TNT is involved.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-17, 23:50.

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Taking noted on this one..

I do have those extra rubber sealant that we used when installing DTH satellite dish which uses RG-6 wire with F-type connector attached to a LNB.
    Although I'm not quite sure if this suffice to seal the antenna.

Latest update from TNT tracker - Origin from Dachau, Bayern, Germany.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7393[/ATTACH]
    Ohh Nice Thanks for the update from TNT Boom and for information John, actually I ordered too for my cousin and its right here indicated in TNT Tracker also below

tnt.jpg
    Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-04-15, 02:50.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied

I do have those extra rubber sealant that we used when installing DTH satellite dish which uses RG-6 wire with F-type connector attached to a LNB.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7393[/ATTACH]
    That shipment will show arrived in manila and sent to customs and back to TNT. From there perhaps a day later they will hand it off to one of the local forwarders like LBC 2GO or JRS depending on who has offices in Iligan City. It generally takes a day or two for that forwarder to deliver it Since it will probably go to CDO and then by truck to Iligan City. The extras have already been paid for by FR24 so you will have no out of pocket expense on delivery.

If you run the ethernet cable through the attic be warned rats love it.

You can extend the height of the antenna by putting the receiver in a weatherproof box and attaching it up the mast to stay within the 10 mtr coax length. Just supply power to the box to power the receiver and purchase locally what ever length of ethernet cable you need. A metal box is preferred because it provides faraday shielding from static or lightning strikes. The GPS cable is 5 mtrs so it will mount half way between the receiver and antenna with the coax coming out of the bottom of the GPS assembly. Use your left over sealant to seal holes in the box.

The application of the double sided tape is difficult if the antenna is already mounted to its bracket. Cut the tape in strips so it can be pulled tight and overlap with the next strip. The best procedure is to start at the coax sheath wrapping up to the female N fitting and back down and then back up so you have 3 layers of waterproofing protection.

You are going to be so amazed!

Please keep us informed.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• boom_box87
    replied
    I'm glad you got approved. Just looking at the terrain around Iligan City the mountain range east of town would shield you from RPML at CDO. Since your local airport is general aviation perhaps you will be assigned F-RPMI1.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7380[/ATTACH]

The blue lines on the pic show the potential for detecting aircraft at 30,000 feet and the yellow outline is those at 10,000 feet.

When you are doing your antenna installation do a good job of sealing the coax connector at the antenna. We have rainy season approaching so this is critical because moisture entering the cable will oxidize the braid on the coax and reduce range until it quits working eventually.

We will be glad to see your station online.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

tnt.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X