Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Tap 'read more'

It has not been the first thing shown for long time but still there

Leave a comment:

• anaktee
    replied
    Did Just FR24, not posting which receiver they are using for tracking the plane?heloc.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Kailrusha
    replied
    My ADS-B Now Online After 1 and 3 months Year Offline due to Typhoone Odette

Leave a comment:

• behrozaltaf
    replied
    Hello Mr. Paradiselost,

Nicely explained article by you. Helped me much.

I have one question regarding the new FR24 LCD units. I have a FR24 LCD unit and as you said it transmits Basestation format on port 30003 however I am unable to feed my Piaware on RPi with the port 30003. Probably I am not setting the correct receiver-type in piaware-config.txt. Could you please guide me the correct receiver-type instructions for the piaware-config.txt.

Regards,
    Behroz Baloch
    F-OPGD1

Leave a comment:

• rzlacub
    replied

RADAR F-RPUY1........ACTIVATED
    Area: North Easthern Luzon

Greetings fellow FR24 feeders

F-RPUY1
    Last edited by rzlacub; 2020-03-04, 16:11.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Interesting.

I can't find the post, but someone put one up of the LCD in action just recently and what was on screen.

Got an email today that the radarcape now has Deb 10 and a new FA update. So still hold their place I guess. My mode-s beast is still trucking along

Shame the long term uploaders never got asked to beta these new ones along the way vs sending to some who don't run them for long (feeding since about 2009 on the first software uploader versions myself)

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    The Evolution of FR24 Receivers from Gunter's German Beast to the
    Sweden Raspberry PI and Sweden Raspberry PI LCD.

A long while ago Gunter, a engineer in Germany designed an ADSB receiver and built it to his specifications making it better than it had to be and upgradable by the user and FR24.
    It was small, making it easy to mount in a weatherproof box to put the receiver ADSB/ModeS and GPS closer to the antennas. GPS was vital for timing for MLAT and automatically determining the antenna's precise location. Other receiver providers slowly redesigned their receivers to incorporate GPS and their MLAT capabilities.

FlightAware was the first to discover that by building up a Raspberry PI, it could track ADSB on one port and ModeS on another port inexpensively. Their 1,000s of legacy receivers still do not have GPS capabilities.

PlaneFinder uses a Beaglebone front end and a Puck for ADSB.

Each of these three speak and understand different Formats with different ports and local IPs usually set to dynamic so that when the modem is turned off and power is restored the IP changes with the exception of Gunter's which allows a fixed local IP when you enable it. To discover the new local IPs you need to login to the service that provided the receiver and under statistics the new local IP will be listed.

For those who use several receivers and use Virtual Radar Server (VRS) here are the Format settings and port numbers I use to set VRS up.

LCD Sweden: Format Basestation, Local IP for receiver using port number 30003
    FlightAware legacy: Format AVR or Beast Raw Feed Local IP for receiver using port number 30005 for ADSB. For MLAT only the port number changes to 30105.
    PlaneFinder legacy: Format SBS-3 Raw Feed local IP for receiver using port 30054.

Note that the LCD Sweden software incorrectly implemented the Basestation format which was corrected with the November software update.

FR24 took an ownership position with a Swedish startup that is building Enterprise ADSB receivers based on the Raspberry PI. that looked similar to Gunter's Beast but of different dimensions. Enterprise is shorthand for secure. Later last year together with FR24 they built a receiver with LCD screen rather than 3 LEDs on the front. Functionally they are the same but the model with the LCD screen is more user friendly, showing what is working and what is not and the local IP the receiver is connected to.

The LCD model local IP entered into any browser presents you with a login screen telling you your connection is not secure and the username is flightradar24 and the password is the Mac address of the receiver, in UPPERCASE.

The Overview page shows how things are working. The Settings tab is where you can set your static IP if desired. The A/C List lists the aircraft both ASDB and MLAT.

The Logs page is problematic in that it freezes after a few days running and the work around is to disconnect the power to the receiver and reconnect power. The Reboot button on the Overview page will not disconnect power for you. Few people look at the logs. Even as it freezes it is still tracking aircraft. The problem with the Logs page is the receiver has so many lines of redundant code that the space allocated in the firmware is insufficient.

Early on we discovered that the LCD receiver overheated inside the case shutting the receiver down, depending on how the receiver was mounted. Later builds will have heat convection holes to create a natural airflow over the circuit boards and to carry away heat from the LCD.

Since software design in the receiver is ongoing newer versions were automatically installed in November and January. The software version can be found at the top of the OverView page.

RadarView on FR24 was written when the Beast was being shipped when only the local IP was necessary to get it to work. RadarView doesn't have the ability to associate a Mac address to a local IP for the new FR24 Raspberry PI receivers.

paradiselost
    F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2020-02-18, 22:02. Reason: Added typical VRS settings for those interested.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by teddyp View Post
    It was not necessary to have it replaced. Ants nested on the ethernet port and connector and either grounded or disconnected the pins. Had to take it down for thorough cleaning here in Quezon City. I temporarily connected it to the internet here for testing and it worked. Will bring back to Batangas this weekend.
    This is my second FR24 receiver in the last 5 years. The first one was struck by lightning in 2016 which burned the main board and power supply and had to be sent back and replaced.
    The station has good range up to 255 nautical miles and is directly in the flight path of traffic coming from south landing in Manila.
    I hear you about vermin and ethernet cables. Rats above the ceiling love the gray ethernet cable. When you get back to Batangas and reconnect the ethernet check for the led on the receiver. The 5 volts that make the receiver led light comes from the switch or modem the other end is connected to. If the ethernet cable is run through an inaccessible location and you need to replace use the red or blue sheathed cable. Vermin leave those colors alone.

Teddy thanks for the detailed update, will look forward to seeing your station back online.

paradiselost

Leave a comment:

• teddyp
    replied
    It was not necessary to have it replaced. Ants nested on the ethernet port and connector and either grounded or disconnected the pins. Had to take it down for thorough cleaning here in Quezon City. I temporarily connected it to the internet here for testing and it worked. Will bring back to Batangas this weekend.
    This is my second FR24 receiver in the last 5 years. The first one was struck by lightning in 2016 which burned the main board and power supply and had to be sent back and replaced.
    The station has good range up to 255 nautical miles and is directly in the flight path of traffic coming from south landing in Manila.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by teddyp View Post

Correcting location of F-RPUW1 - Shoreline of Brgy Aplaya Laiya, San Juan, Batangas, Calabarzon, PH

teddy
    p.s. station is currently offline due to receiver repairs and will be reinstalled by Feb 16
    Thanks Teddy for the location of your receiver. That list was compiled in January of last year and a lot of those receivers do not exist any more and new ones have taken some of their locations.

If you don't mind telling us what happened to your receiver, did you have to return it to FR24 for replacement? FR24 is replacing receivers built by Gunter in Germany with a new design manufactured in Sweden.

paradiselost (john)
    F-RPVD1 Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• teddyp
    replied
    Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    FR24 Receivers Working and Non-Working 1-4-2019

Working FR24 receivers 1-4-2019 in the Philippines

RADAR F-RPMO1 West Coast of Leyte, Ormoc
    RADAR F-RPVA1 East Coast of Leyte, Tacloban
    RADAR F-RPVB1 Northern Negros Occidental, Bacolod-Silay
    RADAR F-RPVS1 San Jose, Antique, Pinay Island
    RADAR F-RPUW1 Marinduque Airport, Marinduque Island
    RADAR F-RPLB1 Subic Bay International Airport, Zambales, Luzon Island
    RADAR F-RPWC1 Awang Airport, Cotabato
    RADAR F-RPVR1 Roxas Airport (RXS) located in Roxas, Capiz, Panay Island
    RADAR F-RPLL2 Cavite City, Cavite, Manila Suburb, Luzon Island
    RADAR F-RPLL5 Imus City, Cavite, Luzon Island
    RADAR F-RPUN1 AND RPUN2, Naga, Camarines Sur
    RADAR F-RPUS1 San Fernando, La Union, Luzon
    RADAR T-RPMD1 Davao City, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPMO1 Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPML3 Cagayan De Oro City-Laguindingan, Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPVI1 Iloilo, Cabatuan, Panay Island
    RADAR F-RPWE1 Butuan City, Agusan Del Norte, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPVK1 Kalibo, Aklan, Panay Island
    RADAR F-RPVK2 Kalibo, Aklan, Panay Island
    RADAR F-RPLP1 Legazpi City, Albay, Bicol island
    RADAR F-RPVM3 Lahug, Cebu

Missing in Action

RADAR F-RPMZ2 Zamboanga, Zamboanga del Sur, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPMG1 Dipolog, Zamboanga Del Norte, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPMI1 Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Mindanao
    RADAR F-RPMD1 and 2 Davao City, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Mindano
    RADAR F-RPVT1 Tagbilaran, Bohol
    RADAR F-RPLC1 AND 2 Angeles City, Pampanga, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPUB1 Baguio, Benguet, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPUT1 Tuguegarao, Cagayan, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPLI1 Laoag, Ilocos Norte, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPVP1 Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island

paradiselost
    Correcting location of F-RPUW1 - Shoreline of Brgy Aplaya Laiya, San Juan, Batangas, Calabarzon, PH

teddy
    p.s. station is currently offline due to receiver repairs and will be reinstalled by Feb 16

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Cebu Pacific has converted 2 of their older ATR75 aircraft from passenger and cargo to cargo only. The conversion was done by an Airbus contractor in Europe.

The conversion involved removing the passenger seats and windows and opening up a huge cargo door in front of the left wing and upgrading the avionics to enable ADSB tracking.

RP-C7253 Serial number 828 and RP-C7252 serial number 820 are the two converted aircraft.

Only RP-C7252 serial number 820 is being used between MNL-CGY, CGY-GES, GES-MNL

Shippers can preload A330 compatible containers, which the converted aircraft can now carry, with fresh fish and produce for export shipment abroad days earlier than possible before.

Keep an eye out for them, SRQ5715, SRQ5783, SRQ5830.

paradiselost

Leave a comment:

• rog0322
    replied
    FR24 Admin notified me that F-RPML3 is back online just this morning, Nov 29. I don't know why, maybe ISP finally allowed the receiver to upload data. The last thing I remember doing was transferring the connection from LAN4/WAN slot to LAN3 about midnight of November 26 after failure to log on to the receiver webpage, went to sle and forgot about the whole thing. I was diverted by the monitoring of TS "KAMMURI" entering PAR and although Macajalar Bay/CGY area is not in its path, we may get a bit of its outer rim effects. Just in time.

Thanks paradiselost and oblivian for the advice. BTW I can see the receiver local now IP as 192.168.254.104.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    If you truely think the feed box is on a fixed IP, and you can't revert back to it due to changed router/IP range.

I'd suggest plugging both feeder and PC into a switch (only), and changing PC ip to match the old range. Locate And simply browse to it and pre-setup.

If you don't know how to change/fix IP. Use something such as 'IP Shifter'. And set it as what your old router IP use to be (you wont be connecting it so it doesn't matter)

And use angry IP scanner to probe for it and reconfigure.

/edit You may also be able to fix it using the oldschool arp technique if you can see the MAC
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-11-27, 06:18.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by paradiselost View Post

Try 169.254.140.180 in a separate tab.
    Gather you know 169.254 is a loopback address due no DHCP allocation?

Port 4/WAN will not work with a receiver. That is designed for an input internet connection WIDE area network

Unless the router has been configured to dumb mode where all 4 ports are for client.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X