Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyspotter
    replied
    Cool! Tracking as far as east of cag de oro..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• boom_box87
    replied
    Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Boom's setup is tracking down to landing at Oramiz Airport and following aircraft to the terminal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7465[/ATTACH]

Other tracking is to just east of Zamboanga and south to Cotobato.

This may just be his temporary setup so possibly more to come.

In other news, the Palawan receiver is tracking again and General Santos has three receivers F-RPMR1 and 2 in addition to F-RPMB1.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    This is really weird.. I haven't raised my Antenna yet. lol

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Boom's setup is tracking down to landing at Oramiz Airport and following aircraft to the terminal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7465[/ATTACH]

In other news, the Palawan receiver is tracking again and General Santos has three receivers F-RPMR1 and 2 in addition to F-RPMB1.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Ohh so that's nice, soon my receiver will be online too not yet finish set up yet

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Boom's receiver is online. He got the designation F-RPMO1 the Ozamiz airport in the neighboring province across from Iligan City.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    That's nice Boom, I will activate my receiver this week to because of vacations like swimming or going out of town, soon my receiver will be online too

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
    I didn't know anything about that. All I did last Sunday was turn it on the receiver and connect it to my modem/router for a few minutes. After that I unplugged the power source.
    Well, BTW thanks for the designation info of my receiver.

Anyway, for the past few days searching for materials to use for my pole mast. I figured it out that I will be using GI pipe instead of a aluminum square tube as planned.
    The square tubes I've checked here in my area seems to flex even if it's the thick one I've checked. That means it's I will either use pipe of 1" or 3/4" pipe (not sure if it's Schedule 40 or Schedule 80).
    Initially, local shops here offer pipes for that are 6 meters (20 ft) long.

Here is initial draft for raising the mast pole.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7458[/ATTACH]

Some concerns so far before proceeding to the next step.

1.) Clamps used for securing the post - I actually have those spare J-pole mount used mostly in DTH dish. My idea was that I'll use it as a holding plate for the mast then anchor the plate with expansion bolts on the concrete wall post. I'll just have to figure it out how to secure it tightly probably use some bolts/nuts and galvanized wire. Any helpful ideas would be great.

2.) Connecting the receiver to UPS - I'm actually planning to get a UPS due to unavoidable power interruptions these coming days. I'm not quite sure if it's safe to leave the UPS always turn on just in case if I'm out of house during my working hours since hosting FR24 requires steady connection of power.

3.) Self-amalgamating tape - where do I find this one? Not sure if those folks in our big hardware shop (Citi Hardware) knows this kind of tape or its equivalent.

Pipe Sizing

The inside dimension of the pipe is the size you referred to. The Schedule 80 has a thicker wall so its outside size you measure with a tape will be slightly larger than a schedule 40. The Schedule 80 will have less flex for climbing on it. The fittings for schedule 40 and 80 have to be used with the appropriate schedule of the pipe. Before you leave the store try the fittings on the pipe you bought to make sure. Add a end cap for the last piece of pipe to stop water from filling up the pipe. Even GI pipe will rust left with water in it from rain which will over time weaken your mast.

Clamps

Be aware the posts you see on the fence are just for show and are just plaster built up to look like a post as is the plaster applied to the hollow block fence. Any clamps should accommodate bolts and anchors that will penetrate the plaster and terminate in the hollow block. Pipe clamps are available not only at Citi Hardware but also at other construction supply stores. The heavy duty clamps are galvanized.

UPS

UPS really isn't necessary for the receiver and modem since those brownouts don't last for days. FR24 doesn't get worried and send you a heads up email if the brownout is less than 9 hours. Use that money for an extra section of pipe for the mast and a weather proof box for the receiver. Your systems performance will greatly improve if you do.

Self-amalgamating tape

The tape you are referring to is a rubber tape with adhesive on both sides which is unnecessary since they have incorporated the coax directly to the antenna.

Erecting a mast in absence of a climber with educated toes is easier if you weld some steps up the pole so you can securely plant your feet. Look on building roofs downtown and see how they have done it. Those cheap aluminum antennas and parabolic dishes will eventually need service.

Unguyed 1 inch GI pipe will sway when climbed on and scare the hell out of you climber even if it is Schedule 80.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• boom_box87
    replied
    Boom's receiver is online. He got the designation F-RPMO1 the Ozamiz airport in the neighboring province across from Iligan City.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    I didn't know anything about that. All I did last Sunday was turn it on the receiver and connect it to my modem/router for a few minutes. After that I unplugged the power source.
    Well, BTW thanks for the designation info of my receiver.

Anyway, for the past few days searching for materials to use for my pole mast. I figured it out that I will be using GI pipe instead of a aluminum square tube as planned.
    The square tubes I've checked here in my area seems to flex even if it's the thick one I've checked. That means it's I will either use pipe of 1" or 3/4" pipe (not sure if it's Schedule 40 or Schedule 80).
    Initially, local shops here offer pipes for that are 6 meters (20 ft) long.

Here is initial draft for raising the mast pole.

ANTENNA draft.jpg

Some concerns so far before proceeding to the next step.

1.) Clamps used for securing the post - I actually have those spare J-pole mount used mostly in DTH dish. My idea was that I'll use it as a holding plate for the mast then anchor the plate with expansion bolts on the concrete wall post. I'll just have to figure it out how to secure it tightly probably use some bolts/nuts and galvanized wire. Any helpful ideas would be great.

2.) Connecting the receiver to UPS - I'm actually planning to get a UPS due to unavoidable power interruptions these coming days. I'm not quite sure if it's safe to leave the UPS always turn on just in case if I'm out of house during my working hours since hosting FR24 requires steady connection of power.

3.) Self-amalgamating tape - where do I find this one? Not sure if those folks in our big hardware shop (Citi Hardware) knows this kind of tape or its equivalent.
    Last edited by boom_box87; 2016-04-26, 18:54.

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    I'm still in progress of making my pole mast and purchasing some materials needed.
    My available time is only on Sunday. I'll try to test it out tomorrow temporarily.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• skyspotter
    replied
    Here is a current status report on the working and not working FR24 receivers in the Philippines.
    Those that are missing in action are probably forever gone unless there is a technical problem and a replacement has been requested.

Starting with Mindanao:

F-RPWD1 and 2 Davao
    F-RPMB1 and F-RPMR1 General Santos. RPMB is the old designation of the international airport.
    F-RPWE1 is either Butuan or Surigao

Cagayan de Oro has three receivers assigned to that airport.

F-RPML1 is actually on Camiguin Island
    F-RPML2 and 3 are around the airport

The new receiver at Iligan City is F-RPMI1 which maybe subject to change.

Missing receivers at Dipolog F-RPMG1 and Ipil F-RPMZ2

F-RPMZ1 Zamboanga Zamboanga Radar reports several receivers in that area started up but went missing shortly thereafter.

Leyte has one receiver F-RPVO1

Cebu has two receivers F-RPVM1 and 2

Bohol has one receiver F-RPVT1

Negros Island Region has two receivers F-RPVB1 at Bacolod-Silay and F-RPVD1 at Sibulan-Dumaguete

Panay Island has two receivers F-RPVI1 at Ilo-Ilo and F-RPVK1 at Kalibo. Kalibo has been missing for a while now.

Palawan has a receiver at Peurto Princessa that hasn't been availabe for a while.

Legaspi and Naga have 3 receivers. One receiver F-RPLP1 is at Legaspi and Naga now has two, F-RPUN1 and 2.

Luzon

Of the 5 receivers FR24 shipped to the Manila area only 3 are working, F-RPLL2 and 3 and F-RPLL5. F-RPLL1 and F-RPLL4 are missing.

Subic Bay-Olongapo had one receiver F-RPLB1 which disappeared after working for several months.

Clark Field at Angeles City has two receivers F-RPLC1 and 2.

The Lingayan Gulf has two receivers, F-RPUB1 and F-RPUS1.

The Cagayan Valley has one receiver F-RPUT1.

All in all of the 37 receivers FR24 has shipped to the Philippines 9 are missing not sending data.
    28 are working on any given day.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    This is cool!

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    I'm still in progress of making my pole mast and purchasing some materials needed.
    My available time is only on Sunday. I'll try to test it out tomorrow temporarily.
    Nice Boom it will be activate soon and I am in progress too in activating it because I just have my vacation and I will work with it this week and activate it

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    Hurray! F-RPMG1 Dipolog has risen from the dead and is back online.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Leave a comment:

• boom_box87
    replied
    Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
    Cool. I'll be putting one somewhere west of Cagayan de Oro soon.. But an amplified DIY receiver. Is Iligan up now?

Leave a comment:

• skyspotter
    replied
    Cool. I'll be putting one somewhere west of Cagayan de Oro soon.. But an amplified DIY receiver. Is Iligan up now?

Leave a comment:

• kurtgavino15
    replied
    Here is a current status report on the working and not working FR24 receivers in the Philippines.
    Those that are missing in action are probably forever gone unless there is a technical problem and a replacement has been requested.

Starting with Mindanao:

F-RPWD1 and 2 Davao
    F-RPMB1 and F-RPMR2 General Santos. RPMB is the old designation of the international airport.

F-RMZ1 Zamboanga Zamboanga Radar reports several receivers in that area started up but went missing shortly thereafter.

Negros Island Region has two receivers F-RPVB1 at Bacolod-Silay and F-RPVD1 at Sibulan-Dumaguete

Panay Island has two receivers F-RPVI1 at Ilo-Ilo and F-RPVK1 at Kalibo. Kalibo has been missing for a while now.

Palawan has a receiver at Peurto Princessa that hasn't been availabe for a while.

Legaspi and Naga have 3 receivers. One receiver F-RPLP1 is at Legaspi and Naga now has two, F-RPUN1 and 2.

Luzon

Of the 5 receivers FR24 shipped to the Manila area only 3 are working, F-RPLL2 and 3 and F-RPLL5. F-RPLL1 and F-RPLL4 are missing.

Subic Bay-Olongapo had one receiver F-RPLB1 which disappeared after working for several months.

All in all of the 37 receivers FR24 has shipped to the Philippines 9 are missing not sending data.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Nice Information John keep it up

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    FR24 Receiver Status Report for April 2016

Starting with Mindanao:

F-RPWD1 and 2 Davao
    F-RPMB1 and F-RPMR1 and F-RPMR2 General Santos. RPMB is the old designation of the international airport.

F-RPMZ1 Zamboanga Zamboanga Radar reports several receivers in that area started up but went missing shortly thereafter.

Palawan has a receiver at Peurto Princessa that hasn't been available for a while but is back online now.

Luzon

All in all of the 38 receivers FR24 has shipped to the Philippines 9 are missing not sending data.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-28, 19:47. Reason: Receivers online changed and add receiver for General Santos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X