No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more awaiting setting up at WMKN too.

Tawau's receiver is on its way, but might need to sort out paperwork.

Comment

• F-WBKA2 activated in Sandakan, Malaysia
      F-WMKM1 activated in Malacca, Malaysia

Yeah! Hope these feeders could introduce themselves.

Comment

• Hi Ruth 9W2RUT ,

Just wondering, if I happen to copy down the callsigns of ham radio amateurs i see around KK (some stick their callsigns on their cars), would this be of any use for you to perhaps say ??contact them and ask for contacts interested to host a FR24 kit around Sabah/Sarawak at good locations??

I personally know there is 2 ham radio towers in KK, 1 which is close to airport at Putatan/Petagas. For me, Kudat is the priority, as well as Miri/Bintulu/Sibu at Sarawak.

73 de i-have-no-ham-radio-callsign/NBR
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-14, 09:04.

Comment

• Pontianak receiver F-WIOO1 is doing a decent job covering Kuching whilst F-WBGG1 has gone offline. A very good 360 view of the sky from its location it must be. Such good ranges.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
            Pontianak receiver F-WIOO1 is doing a decent job covering Kuching whilst F-WBGG1 has gone offline. A very good 360 view of the sky from its location it must be. Such good ranges.
            Pontianak now has 2 receivers. F-WIOO1 & 2. Alor Star is also tracking with F-WMKA1 & 2. No sing of WMKN yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
              [New (or replacement) FR24 receiver spotted.

F-WMKK3 - Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia.]

Improving the MLAT reception n the central region.

Anyway, hope our friends in Kota Baru and Kelantan in general are save from the big flood. I see F-WMKC1 and 2 is still on the air. T-WMKC1 - kucengomok are you okay?
              Was hit by flood a little bit badly...still cleaning my house..however will try to set up the system again...waiting for the repair guy to install the long pole.

This flood caught everyone in the east cost by surprise..my vicinity never face such flood...have to move to flood relief center for 4 days..returned to my house..only the kitchen was flooded..but the flood left us with the thick mud...

Comment

• i almost cried when i board the boat...i never thought i will have to abandon my house...

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  Hi Ruth 9W2RUT ,

Just wondering, if I happen to copy down the callsigns of ham radio amateurs i see around KK (some stick their callsigns on their cars), would this be of any use for you to perhaps say ??contact them and ask for contacts interested to host a FR24 kit around Sabah/Sarawak at good locations??

I personally know there is 2 ham radio towers in KK, 1 which is close to airport at Putatan/Petagas. For me, Kudat is the priority, as well as Miri/Bintulu/Sibu at Sarawak.

73 de i-have-no-ham-radio-callsign/NBR
                  Try contact them thru here:

F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                    Was hit by flood a little bit badly...still cleaning my house..however will try to set up the system again...waiting for the repair guy to install the long pole.

This flood caught everyone in the east cost by surprise..my vicinity never face such flood...have to move to flood relief center for 4 days..returned to my house..only the kitchen was flooded..but the flood left us with the thick mud...
                    Sorry to hear you were also affected by the flood. Hope the damage is not too much. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                      Pontianak now has 2 receivers. F-WIOO1 & 2. Alor Star is also tracking with F-WMKA1 & 2. No sing of WMKN yet
                      Yes, 2 very good ranged receivers at Pontianak now. Giving much better range north of Kuching now. Just have to wait for one at Natuna and then one around Miri/Bintulu.

Good news is that Sipitang host has got the permission to host the FR24 kit so I think my friend will apply sometime soon.

Have to continue to wait for WMKN I guess for the next trip to the tower...

Comment

Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                        i almost cried when i board the boat...i never thought i will have to abandon my house...
                        Must be difficult and a sad feeling. Sorry for what you all have to go through. Hope the clean up work is done... and some kind of normal routine is back a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                          Try contact them thru here:

http://www.marts.org.my/
                          thanks. will have a look later.

Comment

i almost cried when i board the boat...i never thought i will have to abandon my house...
                            I can feel its really REALLY tough.
                            I'm thankful I don't need to experience that.
                            Hopefully neither do u need to go through it again!

Comment

• Another F feeder! F-WMSA5.
                              I've already seen it active this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
                                Another F feeder! F-WMSA5.
                                I've already seen it active this morning.
                                it's me, F-WMSA3 now is F-WMSA5, just got new receiver replacement yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X