• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLAT.jpg

MLAT everyday in Kelantan

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
      Looks like my F-WBGR1 keeps being coded as F-CYOW1.

I observed the receiver's performance for the whole night, but the coverage ended up kinda lacking at the west & south-west side. Most likely because of the roof, didn't know the roof was that high, that it blocked the line of sight. Failed to expand coverage towards the Natuna Islands as wished. Don't know what can be done at the moment due to limiting coaxial cable length and it's already at 10 meters. :/
      Hi Edward,

I had a few quick look at your range today. Nothing more that you don't know I think, but the range apart from west, south south west looks ok (?perhaps 150-200nm). The west, south west west is where the range is limited. Coverage wise you have extended the range a little bit towards the side of Natuna with mostly WBKL1 then me supplementing time to time. If you look at skyvector dot com your range for the KL route perhaps just go pass the waypoint OLKIT, heading to KL direction. Definitely extends the Philippines/Japan to Singapore route, and towards the south your range is similar to WBKL1 so it's not all bad actually. There is much more traffic to observe during the day compared to night, but I can understand you must be so excited to see your receiver up and running! Hence looking at the range all night long.

Your receiver is definitely helping and contributing Edward, without yours MLAT5 would not be possible over here. It occurred today, after yours came online last night! Hope a few more will host as feeders to improve coverage & MLAT over here. Based on my guess, a MLAT fix was possible with yours, WBKK1&2, WBKL1, WBKW1 and WRLR1 (Tarakan) and maybe the feeder WMKA2 (not too sure how far south west it can reach to the MLAT fix area). So like what Mike said, for MLAT in FR24 to be possible it would require 6-8 receivers overlapping each other.

Welcome onboard and hope your family continues their support for you! If I drop by to Miri, I let you know ok?
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-24, 12:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC4 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5717[/ATTACH]

yeay...taiko suda checked in...kihkih

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC4 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5717[/ATTACH]

hok tu kawe raso plane kecik dari airport kito duk training...set2 tu mano ado ADS-B transmitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
            aiyo brother, I'm messing up with fixed ip so the router will assign 'the ip' each time it's rebooted. And I could view log and status from WAN. The receiver went kaput on network due to static from network. It's a common problem hahahaa
            Because I saw your post about your receiver went kaput after you set a fixed IP for the receiver, so I thought setting a fixed IP is mandatory although it wasn't stated in FR24 instructions ba.....
            Anyways, I had requested to join the Malaysia FR24 feeder FB group, still waiting for approval. Are you the group’s admin? My FB name should be obvious, the profile picture is a green patung.

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
            Hi Edward,

I had a few quick look at your range today. Nothing more that you don't know I think, but the range apart from west, south south west looks ok (?perhaps 150-200nm). The west, south west west is where the range is limited. Coverage wise you have extended the range a little bit towards the side of Natuna with mostly WBKL1 then me supplementing time to time. If you look at skyvector dot com your range for the KL route perhaps just go pass the waypoint OLKIT, heading to KL direction. Definitely extends the Philippines/Japan to Singapore route, and towards the south your range is similar to WBKL1 so it's not all bad actually. There is much more traffic to observe during the day compared to night, but I can understand you must be so excited to see your receiver up and running! Hence looking at the range all night long.
            Yup, you're absolutely correct, I got so excited when the installation completed & I received notification that F-WBGR1 is activated before I could inform them. But got disappointed after that when I saw that the coverage isn't what I expected at west & west south west. Will perhaps need a feeder in Bintulu to cover my blind spot then.

Your receiver is definitely helping and contributing Edward, without yours MLAT5 would not be possible over here. It occurred today, after yours came online last night! Hope a few more will host as feeders to improve coverage & MLAT over here. Based on my guess, a MLAT fix was possible with yours, WBKK1&2, WBKL1, WBKW1 and WRLR1 (Tarakan) and maybe the feeder WMKA2 (not too sure how far south west it can reach to the MLAT fix area). So like what Mike said, for MLAT in FR24 to be possible it would require 6-8 receivers overlapping each other.
            Yeah, I did saw 2 aircrafts on MLAT5 yesterday afternoon around south of Sabah, glad that I could make the MLAT possible there.

Welcome onboard and hope your family continues their support for you! If I drop by to Miri, I let you know ok?
            I’m happy that I could join in as a feeder, and, sure just let me know, perhaps can also help check out my antenna when you drop by Miri? Will still try to figure out what can be done to max out my coverage towards the west & west south west though, but most likely will still remain unchanged.
            Last edited by edward93; 2015-02-25, 09:30.
            ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

Because I saw your post about your receiver went kaput after you set a fixed IP for the receiver, so I thought setting a fixed IP is mandatory although it wasn't stated in FR24 instructions ba.....
              Anyways, I had requested to join the Malaysia FR24 feeder FB group, still waiting for approval. Are you the group’s admin? My FB name should be obvious, the profile picture is a green patung.

Yup, you're absolutely correct, I got so excited when the installation completed & I received notification that F-WBGR1 is activated before I could inform them. But got disappointed after that when I saw that the coverage isn't what I expected at west & west south west. Will perhaps need a feeder in Bintulu to cover my blind spot then.

Yeah, I did saw 2 aircrafts on MLAT5 yesterday afternoon around south of Sabah, glad that I could make the MLAT possible there.

I’m happy that I could join in as a feeder, and, sure just let me know, perhaps can also help check out my antenna when you drop by Miri? Will still try to figure out what can be done to max out my coverage towards the west & west south west though, but most likely will still remain unchanged.
              Hi Edward,

Yes we were hoping for better range towards the sea, but if you are already at the limit then it's difficult. With your health condition we also better not mess around with you and your family too much. Having MLAT5 possible is already quite an achievement. Do you think you have contacts at Miri/Bintulu/Sibu that might be interested in hosting? If there is then hope you can ask them to apply please.

Ya will let you know if I happen to go to Miri then! Haha don't mind having a look where the antenna is placed but not sure what else I can do about it.

EDIT ADD NOTE: By the way, I presume you have notified FR24 support that your radarcode F-WBGR1 sometimes becomes F-CYOW1?? Still happening as I check now.
              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-25, 13:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                Hi Edward,

Yes we were hoping for better range towards the sea, but if you are already at the limit then it's difficult. With your health condition we also better not mess around with you and your family too much. Having MLAT5 possible is already quite an achievement. Do you think you have contacts at Miri/Bintulu/Sibu that might be interested in hosting? If there is then hope you can ask them to apply please.

Ya will let you know if I happen to go to Miri then! Haha don't mind having a look where the antenna is placed but not sure what else I can do about it.

EDIT ADD NOTE: By the way, I presume you have notified FR24 support that your radarcode F-WBGR1 sometimes becomes F-CYOW1?? Still happening as I check now.
                No choice, I'll have to accept the limitation and focus on other directions & MLAT in Sabah then. I do have many family members & friends in Miri, Bintulu & Sibu, but not very sure they will be interested in hosting or not. Will try my luck if chances come.

About my radar code, I just informed FR24 about it last night, and had also provided 3 screenshots as requested by them. But after that, they said that upon checking the playbacks of the 3 flights in the screenshots, the radar alias was displayed correctly as F-WBGR1. So, I'm not sure what happened and today it still shows up as F-CYOW1 for a few times. I also found out that, when this happens, the R9eb, which you mentioned before it's the temporary radar code for F-WIOO3 also appears at the same time too. FR24 said they are still finding which server isn't updating the radar code correctly, so I think this would take some time to get sorted out..
                ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

No choice, I'll have to accept the limitation and focus on other directions & MLAT in Sabah then. I do have many family members & friends in Miri, Bintulu & Sibu, but not very sure they will be interested in hosting or not. Will try my luck if chances come.

About my radar code, I just informed FR24 about it last night, and had also provided 3 screenshots as requested by them. But after that, they said that upon checking the playbacks of the 3 flights in the screenshots, the radar alias was displayed correctly as F-WBGR1. So, I'm not sure what happened and today it still shows up as F-CYOW1 for a few times. I also found out that, when this happens, the R9eb, which you mentioned before it's the temporary radar code for F-WIOO3 also appears at the same time too. FR24 said they are still finding which server isn't updating the radar code correctly, so I think this would take some time to get sorted out..
                  Yes, please do test your luck with them when you have the chance. You are in a much better position to 'sell' it to them than me. I have zero success in my attempts to get people to host the kit for FR24 at Sarawak.

Ah yes I did notice the occurrence with the radar codes flipping from proper radar code to temporary radar code. Didn't make the connection though. Yeah guess they are working on that, has been going on for about a week or so.

Comment

• IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

Comment

• itu muntrik punya plane....

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                        Yes, please do test your luck with them when you have the chance. You are in a much better position to 'sell' it to them than me. I have zero success in my attempts to get people to host the kit for FR24 at Sarawak.

Ah yes I did notice the occurrence with the radar codes flipping from proper radar code to temporary radar code. Didn't make the connection though. Yeah guess they are working on that, has been going on for about a week or so.
                        Don't put too high hopes on me yet though.

Since yesterday, I don't see my F-WBGR1 being shown as F-CYOW1 anymore, maybe it's fixed??
                        ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Looks like somebody just flew over Sarawak to Labuan this morning, CNY event in Labuan?

9M-NAA.jpg

PERDANA1.jpg
                          ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

Looks like somebody just flew over Sarawak to Labuan this morning, CNY event in Labuan?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5733[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5734[/ATTACH]
                            the great leader perhaps?

Comment

• Regarding the MLAT..i wonder whether this function is able to give true information...

MLAT5.jpg

Comment

Don't put too high hopes on me yet though.

Since yesterday, I don't see my F-WBGR1 being shown as F-CYOW1 anymore, maybe it's fixed??
                                I think so. I don't see it also. Been trying to see whether MLAT5 appears but don't seems to be appear today, nor the past few days too. We still need a few more receivers around to have better MLAT coverage.

Well we hope you will ask them and see how when the chances arise. I have no contacts there really and my previous attempts have been unsuccessful. I will make contact again via the planespotter forum again if I see the chance.

Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                                Regarding the MLAT..i wonder whether this function is able to give true information...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5735[/ATTACH]
                                Regarding that, if I recall what Mike said correctly, the information will be correct as it is the only available from the MLAT calculations.
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-28, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X