• Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Radar

Originally posted by bonar View Post
    Hello everyone...
    new station here.. F-WMKK1
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    New FR24 receiver
    F-WMKI1 - Sultan Azlan Shah Airport, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
    Originally posted by Ruth View Post
    F-WMSA3 ...it's me!
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    New FR24 receivers
    F-WBKA1 activated in Sandakan, Malaysia
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    New FR24 receivers
    F-WMKP1 activated in Penang, Malaysia
    In a space of a few weeks, there has been quite a few FR24 receivers activated in Malaysia. F-WBGG1 (Kuching) and F-WBKK1 (Kota Kinabalu) used to be the only FR24 receivers in Malaysia, and Semenanjung has been dominated by T feeders until the arrival of F-WMKC1 at Kelantan followed by F-WMSA1 and F-WMSA2.

So now is the right time to start a Malaysia Radar thread! ( of course, New Zealand Radar is the source of reference! That is where I learnt a lot of stuffs from, from page 1!)

Any questions just ask and welcome to FR24 and to the forum! Hope to get acquainted to all Malaysian Feeders here, whether it is a FR24 kit or your very own set up! Enjoy!
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-15, 14:21.

Hello everyone...
    new station here.. F-WMKK1
    Hi Bonar, can't locate your radarcode yet, it's a bit difficult with another 3 FR24 WMSA1-3 receivers around! Hope you are close enough to WMKK to give a low coverage to KLIA, which is lacking at the moment.

Comment

cayalahhh...happy feeding

Comment

F-WMKK1 is nearer to KLIA, while F-WMSA1-3 more towards Subang

Comment

Yes techically la.

The radarcodes are just reference only usually, it wont reflect its position accurately. I think in the near future FR24 might trial Multilateralization (MLAT) around there as there should be enough receivers to calculate the position of non ads-b a/c with the amount of receivers around. F-WIMM1 in Medan could contribute too.

You 3 at Subang are too strong maybe so F-WMKK1 is staying at the background.

Comment

Good luck.. let's hope you get approved. The wait will be... long I suspect. Months at least, unless your location is exceptional.

Ah (aiyak) I just read this! I didn't print out the FR24 catalogue, I did email the lady the links about the receiver. Hopefully it is approved. Documents sent via email yesterday to the person in charge. Hopefully will hear from them soon.
            Originally posted by Limpost View Post
            Good luck to you too........ keep your fingers and toes crossed. LOL........
            Hi Limpost,

Got the Sirim permit already today. Sirim was efficient. Now I just need to get an import permit by those Shipping & Forwarding Agencies and then I can collect the FR24 kit. Hopefully things sorted by this 4 day week!

Comment

Hi Limpost,

Got the Sirim permit already today. Sirim was efficient. Now I just need to get an import permit by those Shipping & Forwarding Agencies and then I can collect the FR24 kit. Hopefully things sorted by this 4 day week!
              Good news indeed. Very soon a new feeder will be sported. F-WBKK????

Comment

Thanks...
                My antenna is still on the ground...
                Will be up on a roof by this weekend..
                Just received the equipment last Saturday...

Comment

Hi Limpost,

Having troubles with customs and seeking approval from SIRIM? Luckily WMSA-3 and WMKK-1 doesn't counter the problem, but WMKI-1 and one Penang guy got problem dealing with customs.
                  It's should be in the customs approval list now....if they feed it into their system
                  Last edited by Ruth; 2014-04-14, 15:01.

Comment

FR24 Feeder Station List for Malaysia Radars on Post #1.
                    All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Link to Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/em...c.k85xwBmHn0F4
                    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Having troubles with customs and seeking approval from SIRIM? Luckily WMSA-3 and WMKK-1 doesn't counter the problem, but WMKI-1 and one Penang guy got problem dealing with customs.
                      It's should be in the customs approval list now....if they feed it into their system
                      Hi Ruth,

Ah right you and F-WMKK1 just received the FR24 kit from the post? Lucky!

Yup mine is withold by customs need to get a sirim permit and then an import permit. Sirim one is ok, the import permit I hope to go and do it tomorrow. You know the Ipoh and KLIA feeder personally?

Thanks...
                      My antenna is still on the ground...
                      Will be up on a roof by this weekend..
                      Just received the equipment last Saturday...
                      Ok, yeah once the antenna is out with a good view of the sky we should see your radarcode then. Show us some pics if you can if you don't want to yo don't need to. What pole are you going to use?

Comment

Hi Ruth,

Ah right you and F-WMKK1 just received the FR24 kit from the post? Lucky!

Yup mine is withold by customs need to get a sirim permit and then an import permit. Sirim one is ok, the import permit I hope to go and do it tomorrow. You know the Ipoh and KLIA feeder personally?
                        Current feeder F-WMSA1/2,F-WMKK1,F-WMKI1,and T-WMKI2 I managed to get in touch, and all of them came from same hobby

Comment

Current feeder F-WMSA1/2,F-WMKK1,F-WMKI1,and T-WMKI2 I managed to get in touch, and all of them came from same hobby
                          Oh? Wow you all managed to get in touch amazing! You all knew each other through ham radio? or just FR24 got you all interested in aviation tracking?

Good news indeed. Very soon a new feeder will be sported. F-WBKK????
                          If all is well will be F-WBKK2. I like my T-WBKK4 radarcode though!

I am still figuring out how to get feeder at Miri/Labuan/Kudat... need to ask for favours.
                          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-15, 05:15.

Comment

Oh? Wow you all managed to get in touch amazing! You all knew each other through ham radio? or just FR24 got you all interested in aviation tracking?

If all is well will be F-WBKK2. I like my T-WBKK4 radarcode though!

I am still figuring out how to get feeder at Miri/Labuan/Kudat... need to ask for favours.
                            Ideal situation when Kudat could cover the Northern approach to South China Sea & Miri/Labuan could cover the central region. Kuching is covering the Southern region. If I get approved, most of not all of South China Sea will be tracked.

Comment

Ideal situation when Kudat could cover the Northern approach to South China Sea & Miri/Labuan could cover the central region. Kuching is covering the Southern region. If I get approved, most of not all of South China Sea will be tracked.
                              Yup... I need sometime to figure it out. Bit complicated for now.

Bintulu is the most ideal to cover the central region I think. It could open up the SIN-MNL route which I couldn't cover (very rarely it shows) due to obstructions at my north east, but I have no contacts there. There was once a feeder which I suspect is around there, and it had amazing coverage. Furthest contact available is Miri for me, but the best chance might be Labuan.

Comment

Working...
                              X