No announcement yet.

Useful Addons: graphs1090, tar1090 et cetera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to install graphs on RPi 4B running Ubuntu 22.04 arm64. The installation script failed after it attempted to install collected-core's AMD64 version from mirrors.kernel.org.

I tried to find 5.12.0-9 arm64 version from Ubuntu & Debian package archieves, but it is not available. I did find older versions for arm64. After successfully installing these older versions, the graphs installation completed, but graphs remained empty even after several attempts to uninstall and reinstall graphs.

I then tried to build collected & collected-core from source code at github, but that also failed as several of it's build dependencies are not available with Ubuntu 22 arm64 repository.

​​

Comment

Yeah ... Ubuntu on arm64 i'll just call unsupported.
      There are plenty of alternatives.

Comment

I don't understand why people like to use Ubuntu on RPi. Its RPi version is very lethargic and lacks many packages.

For RPi I found DietPi is the lightest and fastest OS. Although it lacks some packages to keep it light, these are install-able on demand. The best, though not as light and fast as DietPi, is RaspberryPi OS (Raspbian).

I normally use either Raspbian or DietPi on my RPi. I have installed Ubunyu 22 two days ago to build 64-bit piaware, dump1090-fa and dump978-fa pre-built packages. Yesterday I completed this task and uploaded these packages to my PPA on Github. After that I was going to replace Ubuntu by 64-bit Raspbian, but decided to try your graphs on it before removal and found unsolvable issue of collected as described in my post above.

Anyway now I will remove Ubuntu 22 from my RPi and reinstall 64-bit Raspbian or DietPi.
        Last edited by abcd567; 2022-05-03, 17:43.

Comment

Replacing 64-bit DietPi by 64-bit Ubuntu 22.04 on RPi Model 4B (4 GB RAM), I experienced the same feeling as I had when I replaced Win XP by Win Vista. After a while I reverted to Win XP. Same again, I reverted to 64-bit DietPi
          Last edited by abcd567; 2022-05-04, 22:11.

Comment

Hi!
            I'm building a new setup using an old Acer Veriton Net Top.
            Everything went well, I installed dump1090-fa and the Flightradar24 feeder.
            I'm running the Raspberry OS 64bit x86 version.
            It is basically a modded Debian.
            Unfortunatelly Graphs1090 doesn't seem to work.
            It only shows the cpu, ethernet and disk data but not the ADSB related one.
            Everything is empty.

Any suggestions? I really like this feature.
            I also have a virtual machine with Ubuntu Server and i managed to solve the issue following the Graphs1090 guide.

What should i do here?
            Thanks in advance!

Graphs1090.png

Comment

Might have misconfigured fr24feed and it's grabbing the SDR from dump1090-fa.
              This is my current guide btw: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Always install / reinstall graphs1090 when you change the decoder.
              Go try readsb as the decoder, then rerun the graphs1090 setup.
              The automatic readsb installs fixes configuration issues.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                Might have misconfigured fr24feed and it's grabbing the SDR from dump1090-fa.
                This is my current guide btw: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Always install / reinstall graphs1090 when you change the decoder.
                Go try readsb as the decoder, then rerun the graphs1090 setup.
                The automatic readsb installs fixes configuration issues.
                Thanks.
                This my current FR24 feeder page
                Is there something i should change?

******Edit******

Well. nevermind, i reinstalled Graphs1090 and now it's working!!

******Edit******
                Attached Files
                Last edited by IZ8292SWL; 2022-08-09, 08:08.

Comment

Guys.
                  I can confirm that from UBUNTU 22.04 Jammy, collectd is not available!
                  So if you want graphs1090, and you have an amd64 system, download the 20.04.05 release!

Comment

Originally posted by IZ8292SWL View Post
                    Guys.
                    I can confirm that from UBUNTU 22.04 Jammy, collectd is not available!
                    So if you want graphs1090, and you have an amd64 system, download the 20.04.05 release!

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                    Another Ubuntu Package Archive to download collctd-core

http://ftp.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu/...se/c/collectd/

Code:
                    abcd@ubuntu22:~$ wget http://ftp.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu/pool/universe/c/collectd/collectd-core_5.12.0-9_amd64.deb

abcd@ubuntu22:~$ sudo dpkg -i collectd-core_5.12.0-9_amd64.deb

ubuntu-22-collectd-core-1.png

Hello, i've been maintaining some addons for dump1090-fa, i've linked them sometimes but they might as well have their own thread here. They are meant for Raspbian Stretch and later, but they should work on Debian and Ubuntu as well. The graphs and tar1090 will work with other dump1090 versions, but dump1090-fa is still

Comment

Thanks abcd567
                      I switched to Debian.
                      I can run it in a 512MB RAM Virtual Machine and it works fine!

Comment

Originally posted by IZ8292SWL View Post
                        Thanks abcd567
                        I switched to Debian.
                        I can run it in a 512MB RAM Virtual Machine and it works fine!
                        I have both Ubuntu 22 and Debian 11.3 .
                        I installed it without Debian Desktop & without Gnome or KDE etc. It is therefore a Debian Server
                        Debian Server runs very light.

Debian11.3-Server-1.png

Debian11.3-Server-2.png

Comment

abcd567 Yes, Debian is very light!
                          I start from a mini iso.
                          Take a look!
                          Debian Server [In esecuzione] - Oracle VM VirtualBox 31_08_2022 13_12_55.png

Comment

Hi guys!
                            If you are interested in METAR data, just check my Github page

A web interface for the linux app weather-util. Contribute to anthonyborriello/weather-util-web development by creating an account on GitHub.

It is a simple PHP page that shows the current meteo data of your nearby airport.

Just change the airport ICAO code in the script file!

It is based on weather-util available in the officiale Debian or Ubuntu repository.

Comment

I'm using graphs1090, along with dump1090-fa, fr24feed and piaware. graphs1090 is a great addition. Thank you for providing it.

I have a couple of questions about graphs1090.

Is it possible to configure which graphs are collected and displayed? In particular, other than Overall CPU Utilization, I don't have any need for the rest of the System Graphs, because I'm running the software in a VM.

Also, how is ADS-B CPU Utilization derived separately from Overall CPU Utilization?

Comment

Working...
                              X