Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys in the premium version what are VOR and NDB stations. Not sure what they mean. Also i have been down for most of the day fixing my pc, im back up and running, when i log into
    my premium account and go to account detail, its says i am offline, yet i am feeding into the system ok.

Regards Andrew Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
      Hey guys in the premium version what are VOR and NDB stations. Not sure what they mean. Also i have been down for most of the day fixing my pc, im back up and running, when i log into
      my premium account and go to account detail, its says i am offline, yet i am feeding into the system ok.

Regards Andrew Dale
      Hi Andrew, can you tell me where on the FR24 map you see VOR and NDB....? I don't see them on mine, but not that familiar with it yet. The VOR and NDB are homing 'beacons' that the aircraft can use for
      positioning. You'll get all kinds of info if you Google the two terms. Good luck with your other problem.

Comment

Its in the settings on your flightradar24 premium, where you can turn on the airports, cloud cover, etc. Its there i found it.

Comment

Its in the settings on your flightradar24 premium, where you can turn on the airports, cloud cover, etc. Its there i found it.
          OK I see it now, but won't bother turning VOR/NDB ON, clutters it up a bit for me. Thanks for pointing it out./Bill, Brandon MB

Comment

Hi FR24 Team,

The data we upload to the FR24 Server, is there anyway that the information from Basestation: OK [05 AC] can be incorporated into the FR24 Premium App/Premium Website, so that we can see what Aircraft we/I have uploaded to the FR24 Server but also our AC in a different colour to differentiate between the two?

RadarView is great but as it shows "LocalHost" information, it doesn't actually show what I/we are uploading to FR24 Servers.

I appreciate that each aircraft shows what radar is tracking it in the "info window" but it would be great to see "at a glance" which are my aircraft on the map that I am tracking and uploading.

Last edited by Responder; 2013-05-12, 21:11.
            T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
            Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
            Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

IMPORTANT!
              This thread is supposed to be for questions regarding the Premium service and it's features. There are discussions started related to the upload software all over the forum, which makes it hard for other users to find correct information. Please keep ALL question related to the Windows upload software in one thread as this makes it easier for everyone to find correct information -> FR24feed software (The ONLY windows feeder software thread!)

Comment

Originally posted by Responder View Post
                Hi FR24 Team,

The data we upload to the FR24 Server, is there anyway that the information from Basestation: OK [05 AC] can be incorporated into the FR24 Premium App/Premium Website, so that we can see what Aircraft we/I have uploaded to the FR24 Server but also our AC in a different colour to differentiate between the two?

RadarView is great but as it shows "LocalHost" information, it doesn't actually show what I/we are uploading to FR24 Servers.

I appreciate that each aircraft shows what radar is tracking it in the "info window" but it would be great to see "at a glance" which are my aircraft on the map that I am tracking and uploading.

As mentioned many times in this thread this is technically not possible to view your coverage on FR24 as we are not saving 20 copies of every aircraft (one for every feeder seeing the aircraft) on the server, as that would overload the server. There is only one copy of each aircraft that is assigned to the last uploading feeder. The only way to see your aircraft is by using radarview. Radarview is connecting to both FR24 and your own receiver to combine data from this two sources into one view.

Some more uploading statistic will be added in the future, but right now we have issues with higher priority on our to-to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  IMPORTANT!
                  This thread is supposed to be for questions regarding the Premium service and it's features. There are discussions started related to the upload software all over the forum, which makes it hard for other users to find correct information. Please keep ALL question related to the Windows upload software in one thread as this makes it easier for everyone to find correct information -> FR24feed software (The ONLY windows feeder software thread!)
                  Mike,

I apologise for my feed posts in this thread.

My issue was originally related to my Premium account not working, which turned out to be a secondary issue caused by the FR24 system not reading my feed correctly.

In fairness, mods did ask in this thread for my replies and screenshots here in relation to my feeds.

I'll make future posts in relation to the feed issue in the thread you've requested.

Thanks, but what's happened to all my posts? How come my post count went back to zero? Is someone still looking into my issues that hinged on the screenshots the mods asked me to post?
                  Last edited by digiteyes; 2013-05-14, 09:51. Reason: added questions

Comment

Hey guys, trying to figure out whats going on. In my premium account it says i am offline and the last upload was 2013-05-20 11:37:45. My radar alias if T-CYZR1. This has been working perfectly got everything up and running about 2 weeks ago since i got my DVB-T stick and attenna, I have had my laptop outside with the attenna in better view and have been getting greater results. From what i can tell its been several hours since the last upload, and i think the system is suppose to check every minute to see if any AC are being tracked by the basestation. I zipped home from work and checke out the software, everything is workng fine, RTL1090 is picking up lots of AC, and the Feeder system is saying the basestation is ok and the network is ok. Also it says i am active until May 27 so this is working ok.
                    Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-05-20, 14:52.

Comment

Hey guys, trying to figure out whats going on. In my premium account it says i am offline and the last upload was 2013-05-20 11:37:45. My radar alias if T-CYZR1. This has been working perfectly got everything up and running about 2 weeks ago since i got my DVB-T stick and attenna, I have had my laptop outside with the attenna in better view and have been getting greater results. From what i can tell its been several hours since the last upload, and i think the system is suppose to check every minute to see if any AC are being tracked by the basestation. I zipped home from work and checke out the software, everything is workng fine, RTL1090 is picking up lots of AC, and the Feeder system is saying the basestation is ok and the network is ok. Also it says i am active until May 27 so this is working ok.
                      Andrew we got a response from FR24 supprt on the other thread ( Sticky: FR24feed software (The ONLY windows feeder software thread!). They're working on the issue and it should be fixed over the next few days. As you can see from the above posts there's a few of us with this and/or similar issue.

Regards,
                      Gregg
                      Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-20, 15:15.
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Gregg: Ah ok thanks for the info. I know mine has been working up until last nite or today, so thats why i was inquiring, but maybe its universal no matter where you are.

Also i seen Mikes post about your problem being concentrated to Australia, i am in Canada here in North America, havent seen anyone else whos having problems over this side of the big pond, as fas as i know. Maybe the problem is growing bigger.
                        Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-05-20, 15:43.

Comment

Gregg: Ah ok thanks for the info. I know mine has been working up until last nite or today, so thats why i was inquiring, but maybe its universal no matter where you are.

Also i seen Mikes post about your problem being concentrated to Australia, i am in Canada here in North America, havent seen anyone else whos having problems over this side of the big pond, as fas as i know. Maybe the problem is growing bigger.
                          Thanks Andrew but they (FR24 Support) are working on it. If you still have issues after the next few days, continue the discussion on the following thread;
                          All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-23, 00:40.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

The problem is in the "Show weather" layer in southern New Zealand (MS Windows; FR premium). Once "show weather" is chosen, the names of the towns with corresponding weather are shown only down to the half of South Island. At the highest zoom the southmost settlement displayed is Hinds. http://fr24.com/-44.12,171.46/9 The cities located further south (Dunedin, Queenstown, Invercargill) are not shown (both names and weather). Is it FR24 issue? In Google Earth (with weather layer selected) one can see this information just fine.
                            Thanks.FR-weather layer.jpg
                            Last edited by PALTDNNZ; 2013-05-23, 00:20.

Comment

Originally posted by PALTDNNZ View Post
                              The problem is in the "Show weather" layer in southern New Zealand (MS Windows; FR premium). Once "show weather" is chosen, the names of the towns with corresponding weather are shown only down to the half of South Island. At the highest zoom the southmost settlement displayed is Hinds. http://fr24.com/-44.12,171.46/9 The cities located further south (Dunedin, Queenstown, Invercargill) are not shown (both names and weather). Is it FR24 issue? In Google Earth (with weather layer selected) one can see this information just fine.
                              Thanks.
                              I've just checked Google Maps and it only shows the weather stations as far south as Ashburton and Hinds, sth of Christchurch. Dunedin, Queenstown and Invercargill arent shown. The FR24 map displays exactly the same when zoomed in. If there is an issue it would appear to be with Google Maps.
                              Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-23, 00:55.

Comment

Alerts are now available for our premium users

Comment

Working...
                                X