New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZL409 View Post
    I am keen to know where the following receivers are situated please. T-NZNV1
    I'm on Bluff Highway at the Southern end of the city and have a clear view of the airport. Only obstacle to my 360 degree line of sight is a stand of trees right about where DUD is on the radial from my location

Comment

• Download this http://www.coaa.co.uk/sharerlocations.php GPX and load it as an overlay fairly regularly. I've not used the Circles/MyCircles function (the txt file)

Not everyone runs Planeplotter however, the better indications show in the aircraft list column of downloaded data.

Theres also a user managed dbase. But doens't have many of us on it. I added myself last night

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• We have a new GS/MU on PP in Temuka Fo. Should help Mlats

Comment

• Originally posted by ZL409 View Post
          I am keen to know where the following receivers are situated please. F-NZDN1
          My place is Calton Hill.

Comment

• I haven't seen much of F-NZGT1 lately, technical problems?

Comment

• Serverside I think. A lot of the F- have been offline or not as common as normal. Knew something was up when I kept seeing myself appear
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Serverside I think. A lot of the F- have been offline or not as common as normal. Knew something was up when I kept seeing myself appear
                Yes, I noticed that when my FR24 log first indicated that MLAT was switched on my visibility as a tracker went down a lot. I wonder if MLAT data capture (processing and sending) takes a bit longer and therefore MLAT FR24 trackers are beaten at the race. I am happy to make that sacrifice if we soon see some MLAT flights. Has anybody seen any yet?

My FR24 still shows up a bit and I would have thought that F-NZGT1 with its unique position would be still visible.

Comment

• Last night I was showing as primary to near wellington, then for whatever reason yours kicked in. Was very bizzare. As MEL-WLG was 50/50

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Last night I was showing as primary to near wellington, then for whatever reason yours kicked in. Was very bizzare. As MEL-WLG was 50/50
                    Yes it is very strange. I wonder if internet speed (routing) has some influence too.
                    As far as F-NZGT1 goes, it has some coverage out west that is not covered by anybody else so I would expect F-NZGT1 to show up there, but no luck.

Comment

• Can I be very cheeky and ask where in Carlton Hill.. Also what kind of antenna are you using.. I new to this and am wanting to buy a decent antenna. I wondered if a discone would be suitable as I have one on my roof that is not connected to anything at present.. I am in Belleknowes

Comment

• I am trying to find the thread of a receiver and antenna for sale. Cant find it. Can anyone help
                        Thanks

Comment

• Looks like it's already been deleted, was there last night. Probably in the best interests of my wallet :O

Comment

• See TradeMe under Amateur Radio.
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Ah hah! Was beginning to think I had imagined setting it

sent from my phone that isn't an i anything!

Comment

• Multiple contacts top of the south and into the north as R540. Presumably there is about to be another F- box online.

Comment

Working...
                                X