No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen some new goings-on in the skies around here, last week the first of the A350s showed up, so far seen Cathy B-LRA, B-LRC and B-LRE, so I figure they have replaced the A340s they were sending down here, then yesterday a couple of Korean Air 747-8s turned up, HL7630 and HL7631, and lastly saw a RAF C17 buzz through, seem a few USAF an Aussie C17s but no RAF.

Off to do graphics now for a 747-8...

Comment

• What is the schedule time for the 380's at ChCh? Saw it on TV and it looked enormous; having flown on them I can tell you Bus class is spacious and wonderful! What is the route for this a/c,...Sydney /Dubai, or BK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        What is the schedule time for the 380's at ChCh? Saw it on TV and it looked enormous; having flown on them I can tell you Bus class is spacious and wonderful! What is the route for this a/c,...Sydney /Dubai, or BK?
        UAE412 from Sydney due out your way around 13:20 today.

And yes they are a monster of a thing, inside and out, sat over a wing in one from Singapore to Sydney, everything looks so small around it when taxiing around. What ever moves the flaps on them sounds like a giant drill too, I thought it was an alarm at first!

Comment

• Yeah screw drive hydraulics. 140/645 daily. If all goes to plan. But it flew higher and faster than expected so that may change once established

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingPete View Post
            Seen some new goings-on in the skies around here, last week the first of the A350s showed up, so far seen Cathy B-LRA, B-LRC and B-LRE, so I figure they have replaced the A340s they were sending down here, then yesterday a couple of Korean Air 747-8s turned up, HL7630 and HL7631, and lastly saw a RAF C17 buzz through, seem a few USAF an Aussie C17s but no RAF.

Off to do graphics now for a 747-8...
            Correct.

If you wanna keep up to day with mostly AKL but still national going ons, bookmark this one
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I was asked (‹@MicahIsNormal› of CCH) for Airports in Antartic,...:

Last edited by delcomp; 2016-11-01, 12:45.
              (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
              1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Correct.

If you wanna keep up to day with mostly AKL but still national going ons, bookmark this one
                Good blog! Refelects all the goings on I am seeing in the skies.

Quick question though, how do you find a ICAO24 address that doesn't seem to be in the CAA DB, in this case I spotted C8238A a few days ago, can't find it anywhere (I also noticed the new AirNZ A320 - ZK-OXM that turned up yesterday is also not there so not sure how up to the CAA resgister is).

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingPete View Post
                  Good blog! Refelects all the goings on I am seeing in the skies.

Quick question though, how do you find a ICAO24 address that doesn't seem to be in the CAA DB, in this case I spotted C8238A a few days ago, can't find it anywhere (I also noticed the new AirNZ A320 - ZK-OXM that turned up yesterday is also not there so not sure how up to the CAA resgister is).
                  A bit of back and forth to the CAA and they obliged with a HEX lookup a little while back

But as you find if it is not yet on the NZ register (Export/delivery on temporary or similar) it may not show

Comment

A bit of back and forth to the CAA and they obliged with a HEX lookup a little while back

But as you find if it is not yet on the NZ register (Export/delivery on temporary or similar) it may not show
                    Yeah it seems their hex lookup is broken.

Found it now via a cross reference in my own DB, it is ZK-VIX.

Comment

• Uzbeckistan B767 in Christchurch

Just spotted this plane over northern Australia on its way to KUL. Just wondering if anyone knows what it was doing in CHC? According to Wiki they have two B767s converted to freighters while one of the more modern ones is for the use of the Uzbeckistan government. Unless your PM Key has been having bilaterals with his Uzbeckistani counterpart, freight or a charter is probably the answer.
                      Uzbek767.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                        Uzbeckistan B767 in Christchurch

Just spotted this plane over northern Australia on its way to KUL. Just wondering if anyone knows what it was doing in CHC? According to Wiki they have two B767s converted to freighters while one of the more modern ones is for the use of the Uzbeckistan government. Unless your PM Key has been having bilaterals with his Uzbeckistani counterpart, freight or a charter is probably the answer.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8147[/ATTACH]
                        Chartered out about this time of year to swap out Ukrainian fishing boat fleet crew from Lyttelton Port

Comment

• Some of you would have notice that since the CAA (In NZ) updated there website a few weeks ago that the search facility for the aircraft HEX has not been working.

I have just had a reply from them "We’ve got our developers working on a fix for this, but in the meantime, if you enter your known Hex without the country part, C8, then the search works okay."

Hope this helps

Comment

• Voice of reason for the geeks

Mr Kerry landed just after 5 in his C32/757/Airforce2. Woud have been interesting watching sat TV on the way in.

Off to the ice on the next run before heading north Saturday if Media accurate

Comment

Voice of reason for the geeks

Mr Kerry landed just after 5 in his C32/757/Airforce2. Woud have been interesting watching sat TV on the way in.

Off to the ice on the next run before heading north Saturday if Media accurate
                              It wouldn't be Airfoce 2 as he's not VP. He's Secretary of State.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                                It wouldn't be Airfoce 2 as he's not VP. He's Secretary of State.
                                Well, no. Just using as descriptor for plane I have however been mixing state/defence up all day

In this case he was Uncle Sam807

Comment

Working...
                                X