No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I tried his site a few months ago, and seems to have shutdown....or? Because he was here in Brisbane, I used his site when others were down for YBBN. It was also good for military aircraft, as he did not filter them out. I hunted around for his email, as we emailed a few times testing his output several years ago, but could not find it.

Comment

• Since 1st September, there are 7 new Aussie Feeder locations appearing in the stat’s.

WA – YBEB Bellburn (seems YBUU Bungle Bungles Airport has been renamed/re-coded. Stealth ? )
      WA – YDBY Derby
      WA – YKAL Kalumburu
      WA – YMIP Mitchell Plateau
      WA – YKNG Katanning
      Qld – YPMP Pormpuraaw (previously mentioned by airnrail)
      Qld – YNPE Northern Penninsula (although YBAM Bamaga is still in use also)

These new feeders are a mix of F- and T- stations. They are mostly in the far north so one might assume they are bunkering down for the wet season with FR24 !!

Currently 173 out of 196 active airport codes I’ve identified since November 2015 being used by Feeder stations. This doesn’t count any new ones who have popped up and quickly disappeared within this four month period – nor does it count the couple of active stations who aren’t appearing in the statistics …

ylis

Comment

• aussieadsb.com
        Originally posted by POR911 View Post

Yeah, I tried his site a few months ago, and seems to have shutdown....or? Because he was here in Brisbane, I used his site when others were down for YBBN. It was also good for military aircraft, as he did not filter them out. I hunted around for his email, as we emailed a few times testing his output several years ago, but could not find it.

Comment

• Any YBBN folk able to confirm that 7CF7C8 and 7CF7C9 are Mode-S beacons for the new runway? And anyone know what FFFFFE is?

Oh and Kemistry, are you no longer feeding?
          T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Are they somewhat static? That's still within the reserved military range. Unless they have gone and shortened it on me :/
            Australia Mil
            xxx-xxx
            Result Range:
            7CF000 - 7CFFFF

FFFFFE is somewhat in a non-used/reserved range (believe Japan may use it for paragliding activity according to post)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Sorry bhaal, I'm back - antenna issues due to storms(?)
              7CF7C8 and C9 signal strengths at my location seem to be a bit lower compared to B8 and B9.
              And C8 has much lower strength than C9 (but BB has always been much lower than B8, B9, BA).
              These new ones aren't broadcasting TEST1234 as Callsign either.
              Have we ever been told where these stations are (at YBBN itself or remote locations)?

Also, has anyone seen any ground traffic around the full perimeter of the new runway?
              I have a few local tree obstacles on path.
              Wondering if I need in increase my height to see it.
              Not long now for some air traffic?

Comment

• Shame to see this time bringing the end to the 747 fleet earlier than scheduled

Get to see them from here in NZ every now and then on the santiago run from below.

At least the last run got a ride up the heads and down alongside the bridge at low level
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• anzac.jpg North of Melbourne this morning (25th April) VH-OMS with a tribute to ANZAC day.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by nomad77; 2020-04-25, 01:01.

Comment

• Since 1st March 2020, I've identified 6 new Aussie Feeder locations appearing in the FR24 statistics.

EXT - YSNF Norfolk Island

NSW - YCDO Condobolin
                    QLD - YBKT Burketown
                    QLD - YCKN Cooktown
                    QLD - YTAA Tara
                    WA - YDGA Dalgaranga

These new feeders are a mix of F- and T- stations and some have only come online in the last few days.Great to see Norfolk Island filling the Pacific Ocean 'gap' and two in Far North Queensland.

Currently 175 out of 202 active airport codes I’ve identified since November 2015 being used by Feeder stations. This doesn’t count any new ones who have popped up and quickly disappeared within this period – nor does it count the couple of active stations who are missing from the statistics.

ylis

Comment

• Since 1st March 2020, I've identified 6 new Aussie Feeder locations appearing in the FR24 statistics.

EXT - YSNF Norfolk Island

NSW - YCDO Condobolin
                      QLD - YBKT Burketown
                      QLD - YCKN Cooktown
                      QLD - YTAA Tara
                      WA - YDGA Dalgaranga

These new feeders are a mix of F- and T- stations and some have only come online in the last few days.Great to see Norfolk Island filling the Pacific Ocean 'gap' and two in Far North Queensland.

Currently 175 out of 202 active airport codes I’ve identified since November 2015 being used by Feeder stations. This doesn’t count any new ones who have popped up and quickly disappeared within this period – nor does it count the couple of active stations who are missing from the statistics.

ylis

Comment

• Since 1st May 2020, I've identified 5 new Aussie Feeder locations appearing in the FR24 statistics - all from Queensland.

YCMT Clermont, YCOE Coen, YDAY Dalby, YMTI Mornington Island and YWCK Warwick.

These are 4 new T-feeders and 1 F-station and some have only come online in the last few days.Great to see another two in Far North Queensland.

Currently 180 out of 205 active airport codes I’ve identified since November 2015 being used by Feeder stations. This doesn’t count any new ones who have popped up and quickly disappeared within this period – nor does it count the couple of active stations who are missing from the statistics.

ylis

Comment

• Hi all,
                          Added YANG for FR24 and FA. Just wondering if there is a coverage map of all the sites around West Angelas?
                          I know there is one at YCHK, and possibly YNWN as well.

Comment

• I can only refer to my FR24 experience and not FA. Its often stated there's no published FR24 coverage maps. From my part-time analysis of the publicly available FR24 user statistics, currently active feeder codes from your part of WA are YFDF Fortescue Dave Forrest, YWWI Woodie Woodie, YSOL Solomon, YPNW Pannawonica, YPKA Karratha and YPPD Port Hedland. There might be others that don't appear in the statistics. Feeders were previously active using YPPB Parraburdoo (2017), YEXE Exmouth (2018) and YNWN Newman (2018).

I've often thought that Balgo Hills might be a good in-fill site to cover the international flights from the east coast to Singapore etc. Anyone got any contacts up there ?

ylis

Comment

• Thanks ylis,
                              I'm based in YANG at the moment, hills all around us.. so good to have some coverage here. I'm only here short term, but will try to leave a perm box on site somewhere. The village is on a hill so has good line of sight everywhere.

Comment

• A layman’s breakdown of statistics for Aussie Feeders as at 01SEP2020

In just the last few days, there are now 1004 active FR24 feeders (190 F-Feeders and 814 T-Feeders) in Australia with 184 unique airport codes in use. Four new airport codes appeared in July-August.
                                YCNM Coonamble NSW
                                YNBR Narrabri NSW
                                YMUG Mungeranie SA
                                YOLW Onslow WA

Based on the suffix number, Sydney (YSSY) has had 282 T-Feeders registered, Brisbane (YBBN) 276, Adelaide (YPAD) 185, Essendon (YMEN) 153, Bankstown (YSBK) 143, Canberra (YSCB) 134, Perth (YPPH) 132, Moorabbin (YMMB) 121, Tullamarine (YMML) 95, Jandakot (YPJT) 72 and Hobart (YMHB) 40.

ylis

Comment

Working...
                                X