Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-11-19_9-30-31.jpg2020-11-19_9-30-06.jpg

Something seems amiss here. The callsign, track and performance of this aircraft all suggest its a Hawk not a C130J.

2020-11-19_9-28-37.jpg

This image is from another site and show the aircraft as a Hawk.

2020-11-19_9-29-17.jpg
    Same aircraft again from a third site.Second aircraft "A97-469" does not exist as far as I am aware. Probably a Hawk
    as well.

Anyone got any thoughts on whats going on here.

Comment

• Yep panthers are Hawks
      PANTHER - Confirmed PTHR HAWK 127 76 SQN WILLIAMTOWN
      Unless there has been a re-jig of transponder IDs.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Likely the transponder ids got reassigned and the database doesn't reflect that yet.
        type/registration are not broadcast but looked up in a database using the ModeS hex id.

Comment

• My layman’s breakdown of statistics for Aussie FR24 Feeders on the last day of 2020.

Since 01SEP2020, I've identified 4 new Australian airport locations appearing in the FR24 statistics:
          YBHM - Great Barrier Reef (Hamilton Island)
          YMDN - Merredin WA
          YMOR - Moree NSW
          YWUD - Wudinna SA

Today there are 1031 active FR24 feeders (195 F-Feeders and 836 T-Feeders) in Australia using 189 unique airport codes out of 213 I’ve identified since November 2015. This doesn’t count any new ones who have come and gone within this period – nor does it count the couple of active airports that are not appearing the statistics.

And based on the suffix number, Sydney (YSSY) has had 289 T-feeder registrations just pipping Brisbane (YBBN) with 282. Definitely some interest in feeding from these two major locations.

ylis

Comment

• Here we are, 19th March 2024. Very quiet in here the last few years by the look of it. I'm just one of many hundreds of feeders here in Sydney. Interesting hobby I must say. Does anyone still look in on this forum?

Comment

Working...
            X