This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's one even I'm not sure on..

Is it a remote flag or requirement constraint on local data for the flag on ground data to change from GND:no to GND:yes

I get the odd hit on ground, but only either side of the terminal where signal is not blocked, (not bad for being about 16kms line of sight!) yet the flag doesn't appear to ever toggle
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hello,

My RTL1090 is tracking 51 aircraft (see screenshot). I have the latest fr24feed.exe software, and it successful communicates with RTL1090, but it still says "too few aircraft, at least 2 required".

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I started a case with fr24 support (case # 12438) but their only suggestion was to place the antenna near a window. What am I missing here?

I appreciate any help or advice you can offer. Thank you!
      screenshot.jpg

Comment

• Is that in 'list' mode like it needs to be? And are they active, or leftover history
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Is that in 'list' mode like it needs to be? And are they active, or leftover history
          yes, its in the right list mode, but I just got it working, here's how.

The feeder software "appears" to give you the option to change the TCP port # from the default 30003 to whatever. I had changed it to 31001 to match the default of the rtl1090 (its possible but not easy to change TCP port of rtl1090)

It seemed to be working okay, because the basestation connected, and the feeder software was responding, but it never thought i had more than 2 aircraft.

I tried it again, and let fr24feed use its default port 30003, and figured out how to make the rtl1090 also use 30003. All of a sudden, it worked!

Comment

• Ah yes, must bold that somewhere in the instructions. The output formats on those ports are quite different. It needs to be put into 'basestation' mode for the output data to be in the right format and out the correct port.

Comment

• Please rename my radar ICAO code T-UHBB1 to T-UHBE1. when registering pointed wrong code. if writing is not in that place and move the message to the desired branch. спасибо.
              Last edited by alex-kurdin; 2013-06-07, 13:08.

Comment

• Well I'm going to stop feeding and try somewhere else to feed as there is something plainly dodgy going on. No one can explain why a feeder 100 miles away always ( at least 90%) of the time gets featured over my feeds of planes that are 10/20/30 miles away ie right in my back door. I have a fast system, link and kit so something doesn't stack up here.
                Best of luck
                Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by radiosutch View Post
                  Well I'm going to stop feeding and try somewhere else to feed as there is something plainly dodgy going on. No one can explain why a feeder 100 miles away always ( at least 90%) of the time gets featured over my feeds of planes that are 10/20/30 miles away ie right in my back door. I have a fast system, link and kit so something doesn't stack up here.
                  Best of luck
                  Chris
                  As mentioned many, many times before. Distance or signal quality is NOT a parameter. With digital signals there are 2 option. Either you have a signal or not. So we show LATEST received signal no matter if the feeder is 500 km or 1 km away from the aircraft. There absolutely no reason to show older signal, just because another feeder is closer, there is no logic in such solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by radiosutch View Post
                    Well I'm going to stop feeding and try somewhere else to feed as there is something plainly dodgy going on. No one can explain why a feeder 100 miles away always ( at least 90%) of the time gets featured over my feeds of planes that are 10/20/30 miles away ie right in my back door. I have a fast system, link and kit so something doesn't stack up here.
                    Best of luck
                    Chris
                    Uploading to FR24 isnt a contest between radars and there certainly isnt anything dodgy going on. It's about making FR24 better. When I first started uploading here in YSSY I was the 2nd feeder (YSSY2) and had many aircraft displaying on the map. Now with around 20 or so feeders here I get very few. The point is to provide good coverage to FR24 and maintain a better service for those watching the map. We've just had a feeder start up here (T-YSBK1) who is now able to pick up aircraft that none of us ever have done close in to Bankstown Airport. We all have blind spots, limitations, better areas of coverage, different set-ups and we all like to take holidays etc and some can feed 24/7, others cant. You may even notice a remarkable difference in your aircraft display on the map at different times of the day (or night) as a result of just this alone. I could probably turn off my radar altogether and it likely wouldnt be noticed by anyone but I'm contributing to the overall picture. That's the point we have to remember. You wont see too much of T-YSSY4 on the map these days (although it does vary) but it doesnt matter. It'll be there when needed by the software, if my radar is on at the time.

Radars disappear for a variety of reasons. The day may come when you are the 'last man standing' in your particular area. It would be a shame (for all of us who view the map) to miss that simply because of your current attitude.

I hope you re-consider. Uploading is not about our individual radar numbers on the map at one particular point in time.

Of course, that being said, if anyone has a spare 400ft mast lying around idle, I'll take it.

Regards,
                    Gregg
                    Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-08, 03:43.
                    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Thank you Gregg for taking the time to reply. I would really like to continue and maybe MLAT stuff if I could ever get a receiver. (I can do this on PP but don't particulalrly like PP)

After my post I left my system on feeding overnight and guess what, I got up in the middle of the night, checked and also checked now that I have got up. The area around me is full ( 40+ ) overflights and I have none featured. The feeder I am referring to even has most displays to the North of me ( he's South West) up at FL350 so it's plainly not a line of sight issue. I can 'see' flights over his location and a lot further away, but have never had anything featured there over him so my opinion from the evidence is that there IS something that favours that feeder hence my use of the term 'dodgy'. It's ok as long as we are told about any super feeders.

The fact remains that we both pick up a good selection but he, on the F network is always favoured by the system, I am on T. I am the only feeder in this area, out to at least 50 miles. I don't know the significance of the different networks.

I agree it's not a contest, but it is somewhat disheartening when someone takes the trouble to feed and gets zero recognition for the efforts I don't count access to premium as I paid for that before feeding started.

Kind regards

Chris

PS
                      I watched an Easyjet leave the UK South Coast, and head towards me. Mid Channel, still climbing, FR24 switched from the South Coast feeder to me. It remained with me for less than 5 minutes. With the Easyjet still 35 miles North of me, FR24 switched to the French feeder and stayed that way until he lost it going out into the Bay of Biscay. It remained on Basestation (regularly updated) until after he 'coasted out' in Southern Brittany. The French feeder continued for a while until he lost him. Hence why it appears something is not right.
                      Last edited by radiosutch; 2013-06-08, 12:14. Reason: new information

Comment

• You guys downunder are doing a "Great job".

I can remember a year or two ago,. when I use to
                        look at there,. you would be lucky if you seen one
                        or two aircrafts.
                        My main concern,. was getting NZ to start lighting up,
                        with having relatives there.

So,. A big "WELL DONE" to all the guys in the Oceania region.

Nek minit,. Keep it up,.. David
                        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Radiosutch,
                          I have (as have others) noted the odd anomoly with the map when I am credited with aircraft on the map which clearly are no longer on my radar and vice-versa. But what you lose on the swing you pick up on the roundabout. This is a relatively rare occurence and in the scheme of things the important thing is (as I noted in my previous post) that the aircraft are displayed on the map for others to see. As far as I am aware there is no preferential treatment for 'F' or 'T' radars. I do understand though where you are coming from as I like to see my radar on the map on occasion if for nothing other than confirmation that it is being received.
                          Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-08, 23:03.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                            You guys downunder are doing a "Great job".

I can remember a year or two ago,. when I use to
                            look at there,. you would be lucky if you seen one
                            or two aircrafts.
                            My main concern,. was getting NZ to start lighting up,
                            with having relatives there.

So,. A big "WELL DONE" to all the guys in the Oceania region.

Nek minit,. Keep it up,.. David
                            Thanks very much David, we try hard down in this lonely patch of the world in the land of the convicts, the land of the long white cloud and others. I wish we still had YSTW (Tamworth) radar though as he gave us good coverage up to and across the Queensland border to the north. Also I'm not sure what is going on in AKL (Auckland, New Zealand) as they seem to have been off air for a couple of days now and has been noted by others. Has anyone any news on that issue?
                            Regards,
                            Gregg

Comment

• Could anyone suggest what software I can use to give me simple stats on what I am feeding. I have FR24's freebie receiver set up and working fine, but this feeds direct via my router without the need for any software. In this situation, can I install some software that will summarise for me how many aircraft I am currently tracking, how many over the last 24 hours, maximum range, and similar?

Comment

• Can I suggest you email me at support@fr24.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X