X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi
    I have scanned the threads but..
    On what basis does the server chose which feeders to put on the map? There is one feeder that seems to block me. Although I have 30/40 a/c on local screen at a time for example, none appear on the Flight Radar website. All the nearby flights are shown as being from this other feeder. He's over 100 miles away but his feed trumps me even when they are close by.

I thought it might be a processing delay in the RTL SDR and Virtual Radar Server, no. I tried my SBS3 and then the old SBS1, and finally changed PC. still no luck. I am on a fast broadband link with good responses/

So it's got me beat.

I have a moderately good antenna setup Mast head amp etc and see ranges under flat conditions of 140miles or more.

Comment

• Hi,

I think this post from Mike explains quite well how the feed got choose on the map.
      All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Basicly the latest data got chose to display on the map.

Kanok

Originally posted by radiosutch View Post
      Hi
      I have scanned the threads but..
      On what basis does the server chose which feeders to put on the map? There is one feeder that seems to block me. Although I have 30/40 a/c on local screen at a time for example, none appear on the Flight Radar website. All the nearby flights are shown as being from this other feeder. He's over 100 miles away but his feed trumps me even when they are close by.

I thought it might be a processing delay in the RTL SDR and Virtual Radar Server, no. I tried my SBS3 and then the old SBS1, and finally changed PC. still no luck. I am on a fast broadband link with good responses/

So it's got me beat.

I have a moderately good antenna setup Mast head amp etc and see ranges under flat conditions of 140miles or more.

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
      T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
      T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Andrew.
        Sorry I was slow responding, been away for a couple of days.
        I think I've pretty well got the hang of this over the last few days but the problem I was getting is an RTL1090 issue.
        Basically if I leave the RTL1090 in "List Mode" it actually stops it's server function. If you minimise it it should start the server again but it doesn't, well, not for me anyway!
        Cheers for your info,
        Rick.

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
        Rick:

Ok, from my understanding, this is how it works, because i have been trakcing things myself and after asking questions, here is what i found. When aircraft are flying near your location, your RTL1090 will pick up a lot of them, thats not to say all of them will have a flight plan and your FR24 feeder software will pick them all up, thats not the case, where your feeder station says basestation, in brackets it will say something like AC04, that means 4 aircraft are being picked up by your feeder and being tracked and fed into the system, when this happens, you account status should say all the time Active, but it will say online when the basestation is showing AC being tracked, if no aircraft are being tracked by you FR24 feeder system it will most likely say offline and the timestamp to indicate the last time you fed into the system. Also the date your account is active should roll over to indicate 7 days from the date it actually is saying when you account is active until. This too i have been tracking and it is working as it should.

Mine has been doing this for two weeks now, and works even better since i ran a 50 ft USB cable outside hooked up the dongle near my roof and put the small antenna on the roof, now of course i weather proofed both so no water could get in, and after i was done the water wont get in LOL.

Also i have beent tracking this too, when aircraft get near my location, the radar tag on the info with the AC indicates my radar Alias and i am beleive it or not getting about 50 to 100 miles coverage with the small attenna that came with my DVB-T stick. It varies from day to day. But overall the coverage it good and i am happy.

Hope this helps

Comment

• thanks

Originally posted by Kanok View Post
          Hi,

I think this post from Mike explains quite well how the feed got choose on the map.
          All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Basicly the latest data got chose to display on the map.

Kanok

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
          Thanks for replying and I had read that but that doesn't (in my opinion) explain why a station 100+ miles away data is consistently chosen over mine. Very often I get none and fall off the feeder list. Aircraft right alongside me don't get shown (I do know about polar diagrams of antennas but that's not an explanation). As I said I have what I think is a reasonable system, this morning I am getting a max range of 175 miles. I can add the PC is dedicated, fast quad core, Win7, only runs Base station and the feeder, the broadband is low latency good ping rate (It's the latest VDSL link so I think it's fast enough). The other PC I tried was running XP, older and a bit slower but not markedly so.
          I have even tried altering the system priority to 'high' for Base station and the FR Feed.
          It would appear (possibly) that the N feeders are given higher priority than a T feeder? If there are 'super feeders' on the FR network that have special arrangements then that is fine, but I don't see that in the chain of emails in this topic.
          It's a bit disheartening to go to the trouble and have nothing show up.

Thanks

Comment

• radiosutch:

Yeah i hear ya, and i agree, until i moved my small attenna that came with the DVB-T stick i was not getting much coverage at all. Now that i have it outside, even though its small, it has excellent coverage until i can get my hands on a proper outside one. I have about 60 to 100 miles coverage it varies each time my radar gets tagges to AC. I have seen where a feeder near toronto which is about 280 miles from me is still getting coverage when AC are flying almost right over me. Another feeder that was knocking me off the map was near london ontario, but since i move my Atenna outside, that does not happen much at all, sometimes i see strange coverage, like yesterday afternoon he was tagged to just about every AC near my location for a few hours, it even made me wonder if my feeder or PC had shut off, but when i got home and checked everything was up and running, all is good today.

Not sure how or why some feeders are getting priority, the only thing i can see is that they have a better reciever decoder and a monster of an attenna system.

Now it might be different if your location has several feeders nearby and you have to fight for coverage. I noticed in toronto ontario, check it out, there are about 5 feeders all within the city limits, and i have noticed that it varies on who gets coverage and when, when AC are flying in or out of Pearson International.

I am a bit lucky, i am right on the border of michigan and ontario, and i can only see 3 feeders near me, london ontario and 2 in michigan.

Just thought i would share some info.

Regards Andrew Dale.

Comment

• The excitement of a curfew

the exciting area around YSSY during the 23:00 to 06:00 curfew;

YSSY.jpg

At least you guys battling for your aircraft to be picked up and displayed on the map have something to show for your efforts
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• MikeC send for me Share key and I can join to premium Now i have a question I connect Sucessful
                But When i Go to Premium Website Show my feed Offline So now i have question when My ads-b Give a airplane Signal Show my feed online Or another thing?!

Comment

• Greg (fungus) Hey whats the pic of the radar from? And yes your right we have something to show for our efforts but not all the time, im just a small feeder compared to some of the bigger ones around here LOL. Sometimes and today is one of them i am fighting for coverage in my area but am being trumped by the stronger ones. I have seen some of my radar alias displayed today quite a few atually but the past while its been hectic to see anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by malavanehsan View Post
                    MikeC send for me Share key and I can join to premium Now i have a question I connect Sucessful
                    But When i Go to Premium Website Show my feed Offline So now i have question when My ads-b Give a airplane Signal Show my feed online Or another thing?!
                    Your premium account is valid 7 days from your last accepted Aircraft feed. It gets constantly updated. So as long as you feed an aircraft again before that 7 days expires your premium account will stay 'Active'.

I you are not feeding any aircraft at the moment (NOW) then you are 'Offline' because Flightradar has not recieved anything from you in a while.

So there is a difference between 'account active' and 'feeder online'. Don't worry about your feeder being offline sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                      Your premium account is valid 7 days from your last accepted Aircraft feed. It gets constantly updated. So as long as you feed an aircraft again before that 7 days expires your premium account will stay 'Active'.

I you are not feeding any aircraft at the moment (NOW) then you are 'Offline' because Flightradar has not recieved anything from you in a while.

So there is a difference between 'account active' and 'feeder online'. Don't worry about your feeder being offline sometimes.
                      Why the airplane doesn't Show On fr24 (with fr24 feed software)?
                      what's Problem?
                      Look at atach image
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by malavanehsan; 2013-05-25, 20:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
                        Greg (fungus) Hey whats the pic of the radar from? And yes your right we have something to show for our efforts but not all the time, im just a small feeder compared to some of the bigger ones around here LOL. Sometimes and today is one of them i am fighting for coverage in my area but am being trumped by the stronger ones. I have seen some of my radar alias displayed today quite a few atually but the past while its been hectic to see anything.
                        Andrew that was my radar in that pic at around midnight last night without any aircraft showing due to the curfew at Sydney(YSSY). Of course we still get a few overflys but they are few and far between. As far as being trumped by the 'stronger' radars, we're all in that boat. When I first started uploading some years ago I had many aircraft showing on the map from my radar. Nowadays I'm lucky to get more than a couple at any given time. That's not necessarily a bad thing though as it gives the map better coverage overall and that's what we have to look at.
                        Regards,
                        Gregg
                        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

what's Problem?
                          Look at atach image
                          I'll leave it to the techsperts as to why but from your pic, the line 'Basestation: OK [00] AC' is showing that you're not uploading any aircraft at the moment to fr24.
                          It should look something like the following which shows that I am uploading 5 aircraft as I understand it:

YSSY4.jpg
                          Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-25, 22:32.

Comment

what's Problem?
                            Look at atach image
                            As fare as I know, the feeder software need the list from RTL1090 to be in this format:
                            RTL1090 list.JPG
                            Press the 'LIST' button to shift.

Comment

• Thanks A lot I can share with fr24! i'm very happy

Comment

• That's what I've found too.
                                The RTL software manual suggests that if you minimize RTL it'll let the server side of the program to kick in no matter what the list is set too, but it doesn't for me.
                                Mind you, I've not seen my Radar feed appear in the Radar list at all even when feeding quite a few a/c. Nevermind, at least I know I'm trying to contribute!

Rick.

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                                As fare as I know, the feeder software need the list from RTL1090 to be in this format:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2162[/ATTACH]
                                Press the 'LIST' button to shift.

Comment

Working...
                                X