Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fr24feed disabled MLAT (showing Not permitted)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fr24feed disabled MLAT (showing Not permitted)

I have a problem regarding the Fr24feed. It used to work fine earlier on my Raspberry Pi, but now MLAT is showing as 'Not permitted' in the web status interface. And my log file of Fr24feed is showing 'MLAT configuration received, service DISABLED'. Apart from MLAT the feeding seems to be working like usual.

Has anyone a clue what's happening here? I already tried to restart the application multiple times, but without any effect. The same log entry keeps showing and the same message in the interface.

Thanks!

I get the same in the status

image.png

Settings are set to yes.

image.png
    Not sure when this started , but likely recently. ​

Will wait a few days - looks like when this has happened before there has been an issue wih FR and has corrected after while
    Last edited by mobuk1; 2023-10-22, 13:35.

Comment

Yeah I read about it. It takes a long time though, but I'll keep an eye on it. As of now the text status Not-permitted is still showing.

If someone could help me further with this issue and/or tell me if this is rather a problem affecting everyone, I'd appreciate it. And if something changes over here, I'll update this post. Thanks!
      Last edited by Omiht; 2023-10-24, 12:11.

Comment

Same here. After I noticed I was OFFLINE, I had to reboot my Raspberry Pi and then that’s when I noticed Mlat is Not-Permitted despite it was enabled in the settings.
        I couldn’t find any solution to this problem anywhere on the forum nor by googling it. Let’s wait and see.

Comment

What is going on? I am online, but it shows no availability, my station shows planes on the map, the feeder reports planes and Mlat Not-Permitted. Is it why it shows I am not sharing datas.
          And I have set up to received a notification if my station is not sharing datas within one hour and so far I have not received an email to let me know…..???
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Rule no1
            take no notice of the stats servers and their glitches

Rule no2
            See rule no1
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Rule no1
              take no notice of the stats servers and their glitches

Rule no2
              See rule no1

Best rule is "Rule no2"

I have been following these rules for years.
              I rarely go to Stats page. There is always a delay of a day ot two in stats page getting updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Omiht View Post
                I have a problem regarding the Fr24feed. It used to work fine earlier on my Raspberry Pi, but now MLAT is showing as 'Not permitted' in the web status interface. And my log file of Fr24feed is showing 'MLAT configuration received, service DISABLED'. Apart from MLAT the feeding seems to be working like usual.

Has anyone a clue what's happening here? I already tried to restart the application multiple times, but without any effect. The same log entry keeps showing and the same message in the interface.

Thanks!
                This is related to mlat server upgrades. Once completed, the message will automatically disappear. This does not affect the feeding of ADS-B data, only MLAT.
                --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post

This is related to mlat server upgrades. Once completed, the message will automatically disappear. This does not affect the feeding of ADS-B data, only MLAT.
                  Okay thanks for letting me know. Just wanted to add it's showing for at least 10 days already. I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Good afternoon Khan,

The message MLAT not permitted is still showing on my FR24 feeder status page. Is the MLAT server upgrade not finished yet? It seems to take a rather long time. I doubt that an upgrade takes so much time.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Omiht View Post

Good afternoon Khan,

The message MLAT not permitted is still showing on my FR24 feeder status page. Is the MLAT server upgrade not finished yet? It seems to take a rather long time. I doubt that an upgrade takes so much time.

Thanks!
                      Correct, server upgrades are finished but the algo upgrades are still ongoing.
                      --

Comment

Correct, server upgrades are finished but the algo upgrades are still ongoing.
                        Okay thanks. I'll wait it out. Any idea how long it's going to take? Then I know when to check if it's working again.

Comment

I am in same situation since about 7/10/2023. No idea whats going on.mlat.jpg

Comment

Same problem here! Only feeding FR24

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good evening- Status says offline, but I am feeding also Flightaware and PlaneFinder and both shows traffic being received by my station... But FR24 says I am offline...

Maxxxx@raspberry:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
                              FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                              FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2023-12-23 04:50:48.
                              FR24 Link: failure ... failed!
                              Receiver: down ... failed!
                              FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

This issue showed up on Dec 17​
                              Last edited by AV8ORS; 2023-12-23, 04:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X