No announcement yet.

Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm guessing they want the icao/ownership code changed to appear in a fleet list against it?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by sigitt23@gmail.com View Post

i will send copy of Allocation of SSR mode S from our Authority, but my account can't send attachment file
      Dear admin, i send copy of Allocation of SSR mode S code PK JRB by private message, thank you

Comment

Dear admin, i send copy of Allocation of SSR mode S code PK JRB by private message, thank you
        It's already in the database and has been for years. There is nothing to change :

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

=8A050A which is what the plane is configured with and pinging.
        Editor

Comment

• Originally posted by DB Editor View Post

It's already in the database and has been for years. There is nothing to change :

=8A050A which is what the plane is configured with and pinging.
          8A050A is hexa code for PK BBC Cardig Air, and then in 2019 aircraft sell to PT Jayawijaya Dirgantara with new aircraft reg PK JRB dan hex code 8A080B

Comment

8A050A is hexa code for PK BBC Cardig Air, and then in 2019 aircraft sell to PT Jayawijaya Dirgantara with new aircraft reg PK JRB dan hex code 8A080B
            And i alredy cross check to Lion Air, hexa code for PK LSF is 8A081B

Comment

And i alredy cross check to Lion Air, hexa code for PK LSF is 8A081B
              You are giving outdated info from years ago.

8A050A = PK-JRB.
              8A080B = PK-LSF.

Both are in the database and pinging correctly. There is nothing to change. If you recode the transponders on PK-JRB to 8A080B then it will totally mess up the tracking for both that frame and also the Lion Air, and the database record here will not be changed, I recommend you leave things as they are. There are no conflicts and both planes are tracking correctly.
              Editor

Comment

• I hope this isn't a rookie question, but I wanted to ask about how to rectify a problem I've found. I can see an aircraft in the database Mode S 406C8E, registration G-MCGG, but when it flies the tracker shows S92 at the top, not the callsign and does not display the registration, it just says N/A. I've found the same thing with about 10 aircraft in this fleet. Sorry I can't attach images to show what I mean.
                Last edited by sastek; 2022-09-10, 16:39.

Comment

• Blocked. So only show type. Or duplicate records so cleared
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by sastek View Post
                    I hope this isn't a rookie question, but I wanted to ask about how to rectify a problem I've found. I can see an aircraft in the database Mode S 406C8E, registration G-MCGG, but when it flies the tracker shows S92 at the top, not the callsign and does not display the registration, it just says N/A. I've found the same thing with about 10 aircraft in this fleet. Sorry I can't attach images to show what I mean.
                    They are the MCA SAR helicopters the info is blocked, but thankfully at least FR24 shows their positions, some tracking sites don't show them.
                    I believe there are 18 in the fleet I have found about 12.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I had wrongly assumed that blocked aircraft would not show up at all.

Comment

• ​Hi guys,
                        There are a cross info with two airlines in your database.

Airline: Aero FlightOps UK
                        IATA: FO
                        ICAO: UKA
                        Fleet: 0 aircraft

In the other hand

Airline: Flybondi
                        IATA: FO
                        ICAO: FBZ
                        Fleet: 10 aircraft

As you can see, both have a same IATA designation, but neither are IATA member (I searched both in a IATA database member).

The problem here is with flight short code: eg. FO5500. You can see that this code is for Aero FlightOps UK but it's should by asignated to FlyBondi airline.
                        Some of FOxxxx flight numbers are designated to FlyBondi, and other FOxxxx numbers are designated to Aero FlightOps.

I saw that Aero FlightOps UK are a subsidiary of Aero, a company from United States (www.aero.com) but this subsidiary don't have any aircrafts.
                        I don't know about another cases like this.

Unfortunately, I am not authorized to attach screenshots.

Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red63 View Post
                          Pretty sure I added this before, but it FR24 seems to have stopped detecting my flights, though they still show on plane finder with source = ADSB

ModeS/Hex-code - 40477E

Registration - G-SLIP

ICAO Type code - ULAC

Type - Harris Easy Raider

MSN - BMAA/HB/215

Private Owner

First flight 11/12/18
                          Your ULAC is already in the database. Most general aviation and helicopters are now the same. I believe this is a result of FR24s commercial decision to remove MLAT feeders. Without the MLAT coverage, they don't appear on the map. In answer to your inevitable question "why is this happening?", I do not know
                          Editor

Comment

Your ULAC is already in the database. Most general aviation and helicopters are now the same. I believe this is a result of FR24s commercial decision to remove MLAT feeders. Without the MLAT coverage, they don't appear on the map. In answer to your inevitable question "why is this happening?", I do not know
                            Thanks for the reply, though it doesnt make sense to me as the aircraft is ADSB out equipped and the flights missing from FR24 are shown on PlaneFinder with the source shown as ADSB.. MLAT shouldnt come into it afaik

Comment

• Originally posted by Red63 View Post

Thanks for the reply, though it doesnt make sense to me as the aircraft is ADSB out equipped and the flights missing from FR24 are shown on PlaneFinder with the source shown as ADSB.. MLAT shouldnt come into it afaik
                              The short version is that if you look in the 'feeders' sub-forum a lot of feeders are unhappy about being told to switch off MLAT. As most feeders send to multiple tracking sites, rather than mess around with the settings for one specific site it's easier to just terminate the feed to FR24. The end result is a big loss of feeders which significantly impacts on the coverage, especially at lower altitudes and as GA and rotary typically fly at low altitudes, you don't see them on the map now.
                              Editor

Comment

The short version is that if you look in the 'feeders' sub-forum a lot of feeders are unhappy about being told to switch off MLAT. As most feeders send to multiple tracking sites, rather than mess around with the settings for one specific site it's easier to just terminate the feed to FR24. The end result is a big loss of feeders which significantly impacts on the coverage, especially at lower altitudes and as GA and rotary typically fly at low altitudes, you don't see them on the map now.
                                When you say "terminate the feed" is that a complete block of that receiver's feed including any ADSB targets?

Oh wait, sorry you mean the person with the feed decides to terminate.
                                This isnt the answer though for my situation as I fly in areas with decent coverage as exhibited by other low level traffic showing fine, I will investigate the aircrafts installation (Though that wouldnt explain why it shows on planefinder ok)

P.S. just checked FlightAware too and it shows all my flights just fine, so Its a problem with FR24 not my transponder/GPS
                                Last edited by Red63; 2022-09-22, 09:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X