Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna

Hello,

I run a Piaware (set it up in 3hours) and I can reach about 50-100Nm distance although 100 is a bit of struggle, I'm using the default DVB-T antenna. I have another Coaxial antenna although it's not designed to go outside and I used to run it in May and probably reached about 100NM, however I need a small antenna that's outdoors but has good range. As I plan to stick this outside my window I can't have something too big.

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by MatthewE View Post
    Hello,

I run a Piaware (set it up in 3hours) and I can reach about 50-100Nm distance although 100 is a bit of struggle, I'm using the default DVB-T antenna. I have another Coaxial antenna although it's not designed to go outside and I used to run it in May and probably reached about 100NM, however I need a small antenna that's outdoors but has good range. As I plan to stick this outside my window I can't have something too big.

Any help would be appreciated.
    There is a very good thread on this topic under 'Best Antenna.' I'll try to add the link here when I can get it.
    hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please ;)

Regards,
    Gregg

Your post and mine will likely be removed as you've pretty much duplicated it in the 'best antenna' thread in any case.
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-29, 20:58. Reason: updated post as duplicate
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
    X