X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viista
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    @viista I asked before I think... You are not interested to apply for a FR24 receiver kit? You have concerns? The FR24 kit can be the backup
    North Borneo Radar, apologies for not replying. Looks like I missed that earlier. I ran out of optimal location at the roof for antenna installation. The current antenna and receiver is doing its job feeding to a few places. If I were to apply for another receiver, I wonder whether FR24 can supply me with some kind of coax splitter instead of another set of coaxial cable and antenna. That is the only concern that I have.

T-WMKP3

Leave a comment:

• viista
    replied
    @viista I asked before I think... You are not interested to apply for a FR24 receiver kit? You have concerns? The FR24 kit can be the backup
    Apologies North Borneo Radar. I guess I missed your question earlier. Did not apply for a FR24 receiver yet. Not too sure whether FR24 can provide me some kind of antenna splitter instead of coax and antenna. Ran out of antenna mounting location at the roof. I am happy with the current setup. That is the only concern that I have.

Back online again.

T-WMKP3

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by viista View Post
    Looks like T feeders are having FR24 server connection problem at the moment.

T-WMKP3
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2016-01-14, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

• cyberflyz
    replied
    Originally posted by viista View Post

T-WMKP3
    viista, how can i contact you?

Leave a comment:

• viista
    replied

T-WMKP3

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by dinhat View Post
    yup we're aware of it. its hardware problem. no plan to get replacement hardware at this moment as F-WMKN1 performs very well. in mean time we're scouting new location further north of WMKN, closer to WMGK, thinking of applying another fr24 box.
    Ok bro good luck hope you found somewhere suitable. Do drop Mr Olov an email after you applied and he should be able to look into it quicker.

[QUOTE=WMKC1;74224]
    Originally posted by Limpost View Post

Don't have any for now.

Anyway, I have 1 ICOM Portable Airband transceiver for sale. Used, but still look new.
    Wow a transceiver, that is rare.

Leave a comment:

• WMKC1
    replied
    Same.. Me too.

Enjoy monitoring with my Yaesu VX7R & SDR

Leave a comment:

• Limpost
    replied
    [QUOTE=WMKC1;74224]
    Originally posted by Limpost View Post

Don't have any for now.

Anyway, I have 1 ICOM Portable Airband transceiver for sale. Used, but still look new.
    Transceiver wow, I dont want to accidentally give landing clearance to anyone LOL. Thanks for the offer but no intentions at the moment.

I have made myself a DIY dipole but not confident it will last on top of my roof for long. I have no access to it in case repairs needed. I paid the ASTRO guys to put up my FR24 antenna.

Leave a comment:

• WMKC1
    replied
    [QUOTE=Limpost;74213]
    Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
    No Special Permission/Permit. Only from building owner.

Im doing UHF/VHF Repeater Installation especially for Government. So I have access to few high location.

Any spare second hand VHF airband antenna. Wish to listen to Live ATC while tracking flights on FR24. Thanks.

Don't have any for now.

Leave a comment:

• Limpost
    replied
    [QUOTE=WMKC1;74175]No Special Permission/Permit. Only from building owner.

Im doing UHF/VHF Repeater Installation especially for Government. So I have access to few high location.

Any spare second hand VHF airband antenna. Wish to listen to Live ATC while tracking flights on FR24. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Limpost
    replied
    Brother Kucemgemok,

have you shifted to KL or still in KB?

Leave a comment:

• Limpost
    replied
    Originally posted by dinhat View Post
    yup we're aware of it. its hardware problem. no plan to get replacement hardware at this moment as F-WMKN1 performs very well. in mean time we're scouting new location further north of WMKN, closer to WMGK, thinking of applying another fr24 box.
    Dinhat, do you know anyone in the Kerteh region. A receiver there would cover the offshore heli's well. I think there are 2 in Besut F-WMPR2 now.

Leave a comment:

• dinhat
    replied

@dinhat: is your T-WMKN1 working ok? I seem to only notice F-WMKN1, maybe too much overlapping by other F receivers around you if it's working ok.

Leave a comment:

• WMKC1
    replied
    Thank You North Borneo Radar,

Yeah... But too high, too far may get unuseful data

Everybody, let join the healthy race by increase coverage range & get more receiver..

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    @WMKC1 : Just had a quick peek at Malaysia FR24 feeders statistics (it's still not an accurate reflection of receivers's performance, there seems to be some error in uptime, as per some claims in the forum), F-WMKC1 has an average of 229nm (and counting)! Expect you to shoot up to the top very fast! Everyone will be asking you whether you know a good location near their place! any in KK? lol.

@dinhat: is your T-WMKN1 working ok? I seem to only notice F-WMKN1, maybe too much overlapping by other F receivers around you if it's working ok.

T-WMKB1 @ Butterworth also has quite decent range. Please apply for a FR24box!
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2016-01-10, 07:25. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X