Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies feeder, Feeders location map & my own feed view ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dongle has MCX connection

depends what type of connector you implement in your antena ,you can use pigtail....

Get the best deals for mcx pigtail at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Hi Amper,
      OK, I run the video link...Pretty easy build task. Will give this a go

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
        dongle has MCX connection

depends what type of connector you implement in your antena ,you can use pigtail....

http://tinyurl.com/oykkxv4
        I already have purchase with "RF supplier" on E-bay and it is very serious...
        Another very serious too: http://stores.ebay.fr/rfadapterconnectorpigtail

Comment

POR911

I am F-YBBN1. I have only started feeding in the past week or so. The reason my feeds are not seeing aircraft below about 2500' is that (notwithstanding my 'YBBN' handle) my antenna is located up on the range, south of Toowoomba.

I'd say Amper is right when he says:
          The coverage you had is maybe from other radar who decided not to feed any more or moved the antenna, but this is only guessing.
          It seems at least one other feeder around Brisbane has stopped feeding recently.

You may wonder why I have a YBBN handle; so do I. If you are interested, I suggest you read the discussion that starts halfway down this page:
          http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Feeders/page5

I am sending an email to support@fr24.com today to get in the queue for a name change that better reflects my location.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Paarmreader View Post
            POR911

I am F-YBBN1. I have only started feeding in the past week or so. The reason my feeds are not seeing aircraft below about 2500' is that (notwithstanding my 'YBBN' handle) my antenna is located up on the range, south of Toowoomba.

I'd say Amper is right when he says:

It seems at least one other feeder around Brisbane has stopped feeding recently.

You may wonder why I have a YBBN handle; so do I. If you are interested, I suggest you read the discussion that starts halfway down this page:
            http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Feeders/page5

I am sending an email to support@fr24.com today to get in the queue for a name change that better reflects my location.

Geoff
            Hi Paarmreader,
            Thanks for the VERY helpful reply. It all becomes clear(er). It appears that a feed may have dropped out very close? to YBBN for some reason, and yours took over. If you are on the Toowoomba Range, some 125kms away from Brisbane, it is no wonder that F-YBBN1 coverage has height issues at the actual YBBN airport. Your system does a great job considering distance factors.

I notice on the list of wanted feeders, the capital cites seemed to be excluded, i guess due to enough feeders now. But, considering where you are located, A feeder in the YBBN airport area would be better for the actual airport, while your feeder is great for approach/enroute, due to the height of your feeder.

I am interested in providing a feed for YBBN airport. I am located pretty close on final for 01. I just need to sort out the actual box(too old for kit building etc) and suitable external antenna and work out how it all happens. I do not want my computer running 24/7.

I looked at the forum topic 'aussie feeders', I can see Mike's issues as to priorities of maintenance verse development. As an software developer in a past life, it is a compromise teams constantly worked on. While new development is what users want, they also want a kept up to date existing system. If too many errors creep in, users start taking up more development time asking about 'their' problem. We used to have the 80:20% principal....stable system = 80% development, 20% maintenance. New significant development introduced, we would initially go to 50:50% and maybe 80% maintenance to get users settled into the system. BUT...if the development and maintenance team consist of one or two persons, then it is very hard trying to balance every thing.

Geoff

Comment

POR911

There are two parallel threads on this subject. The other one in 'Aussie Feeders' has developed more with some relevant stuff. You may also be interested in this recent post:
              http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post41368
              Last edited by Paarmreader; 2013-11-17, 02:45. Reason: Editorial

Comment

Originally posted by POR911 View Post
                Hi Paarmreader,
                Thanks for the VERY helpful reply. It all becomes clear(er). It appears that a feed may have dropped out very close? to YBBN for some reason, and yours took over. If you are on the Toowoomba Range, some 125kms away from Brisbane, it is no wonder that F-YBBN1 coverage has height issues at the actual YBBN airport. Your system does a great job considering distance factors.

I notice on the list of wanted feeders, the capital cites seemed to be excluded, i guess due to enough feeders now. But, considering where you are located, A feeder in the YBBN airport area would be better for the actual airport, while your feeder is great for approach/enroute, due to the height of your feeder.

I am interested in providing a feed for YBBN airport. I am located pretty close on final for 01. I just need to sort out the actual box(too old for kit building etc) and suitable external antenna and work out how it all happens. I do not want my computer running 24/7.

I looked at the forum topic 'aussie feeders', I can see Mike's issues as to priorities of maintenance verse development. As an software developer in a past life, it is a compromise teams constantly worked on. While new development is what users want, they also want a kept up to date existing system. If too many errors creep in, users start taking up more development time asking about 'their' problem. We used to have the 80:20% principal....stable system = 80% development, 20% maintenance. New significant development introduced, we would initially go to 50:50% and maybe 80% maintenance to get users settled into the system. BUT...if the development and maintenance team consist of one or two persons, then it is very hard trying to balance every thing.

Geoff
                Hi Geoff, I hope you don't mind me chipping in here.

Have you tried applying for the free FR24 receiver? All you need to do is just install the antenna and sort out the cables. www.ads-b.ca will give you an idea what the kit comprise of.

Or if you are keen to assemble yourself and you do not want to run your computer 24/7, there are the options like the popular RPi + R820T Dongle running dump1090 and FR24 linux feed to share your data, all in 5W. The other route is a Beagle Bone Black (BBB)with decodeadsb written by Blort Blort, but this at present do not support the dongles but will be foreseen in the near future. The BBB goes along with the mode s beast (much more expensive). However if you have heavy traffic the BBB might not cope with mode S and Mode A/C from the beast. If that's the case then mode S only is the solution. See more from this link: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...r24-without-pc

Peterhr also mentioned a similar set up at aussie feeders thread.

As you was a software developer I think you should be able to go down the route or Rpi/BBB with no problems I presume.

So in a nuthsell, choices available for you are:
                1) RPi + Dongle
                2) BBB/Odroid U2 + Beast (costlier)
                3) BBB/Odroid U2 + dongle (future)
                4) Free FR24 kit

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-17, 03:35. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  Hi Geoff, I hope you don't mind me chipping in here.

Have you tried applying for the free FR24 receiver? All you need to do is just install the antenna and sort out the cables. www.ads-b.ca will give you an idea what the kit comprise of.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Hi, thanks for the comments. Ummm, When I saw the YBBN feed, I thought they did not need a second/third feed etc But now I know the first guy has dropped out for some reason(and he had a great feed that would be difficult to emulate) and the second feed is actually in Toowoomba, I will indeed ask FR24 if they are interested in my location. I did have a radio survey for antenna requirements carried out with good results. I had a look at the other topic and comments about Aussie feeds..A lot of good information.

Geoff

Comment

Hi POR911!
                    Will you please tell how to set up location of S 27 28 4910 - E 153 02 3260.I have been trying to set up feed software but all the time being getting wrong offer location....nothing close to Brisbane.Tnx!

Comment

Originally posted by LDSP View Post
                      Hi POR911!
                      Will you please tell how to set up location of S 27 28 4910 - E 153 02 3260.I have been trying to set up feed software but all the time being getting wrong offer location....nothing close to Brisbane.Tnx!
                      Hi LDSP, Sorry, as yet I have never fed FR24 or set up a feed system, so I can not help you. My journey just beginning. So are you saying your present position of antenna is at S 27 28 4910 - E 153 02 3260? I am at Lat...-27.463188 Long....153.088288 which is about 8.8 kms from the YBBN tower.

Geoff

Comment

Hi POR911!
                        try -27.48030 153.042389

Comment

Thanks Peter. It works for positioning but can not register it because of previous contact to FR24 by the same e-mail!Must wait reply from them.I was using feed before from Croatia but forgot it how to set up location properly.I am about 6-7 km from airport.

Comment

Must wait reply from them.
                            We replied to you 12 hours ago.

Coordinates must be entered in decimal degrees prefixed with a minus sign for south or west.

Google maps will show this if you place the mouse cursor over your location and right click and select "What's Here?".

Comment

Position has been set up and now waiting for sharing key.

Comment

Originally posted by POR911 View Post
                                Hi Amper, Yes, looks very simple yet effective. So, does this antenna connect some how to the usb dongle you mentioned before?
                                You can use this other dongle attaching a direct IEC connector to the coaxial (no pigtail), avoiding 1-2 dBi loss on the conversion:

R820T Dongle
                                Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

Working...
                                X