No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a simple question: does MLAT work with any private user feed ("T" alias), or is it restricted to FR24 boxes ("F" alias)?
    Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
      After MLAT is lost i can continue tracking the planes visually.
      Could you interface that to FR24 please

Originally posted by Breitling View Post
      Just a simple question: does MLAT work with any private user feed ("T" alias), or is it restricted to FR24 boxes ("F" alias)?
      F- boxes only, This is because the FR24 boxes are of known quality and have special arrangements to ensure that the signal processing and time stamping is very accurate.
      Last edited by peterhr; 2013-10-30, 09:36.

Comment

• The FR24 boxes are also equipped with GPS receivers, that allow the FR24 servers to know the exact location of all FR24 ADS-B ground stations. This is critical for MLAT to work.
        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
          The FR24 boxes are also equipped with GPS receivers, that allow the FR24 servers to know the exact location of all FR24 ADS-B ground stations. This is critical for MLAT to work.
          Exact location could actually be provided manually. The main issue for accurate MLAT is very, very exact timing, and you get that from a GPS. We are talking about measuring the difference in distance based on speed of light, so +- 0.1 sec is really not enough.

Comment

• how can we edit location in fr24 feeding sw.
            i aquired rtl1090 dongle and made anntena...
            if it helps for MLAT coverage I can install it on my country house some 20 nm distance..
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• So once again - MLAT on FR24 can ONLY be done with FR24 receivers. There are NO exceptions.

If you want to host a FR24 receiver please apply on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Comment

• sorry Mike, I misunderstood you
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Exact location could actually be provided manually. The main issue for accurate MLAT is very, very exact timing, and you get that from a GPS. We are talking about measuring the difference in distance based on speed of light, so +- 0.1 sec is really not enough.
                  Ah I get it now... you're using the GPS not only for the location but for the TIME signal. All the receivers synchronize to the exact same precise time by way of the time signal from the GPS satellite.
                  www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• How you can tell your FR24 receiver is working and working perfectly:
                    http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-receiver-rtm-2013-10-30.jpg Almost follow to the ground.

And total range:

Wonder if it started from an oil rig:
                    http://x264.nl/dump/cgmu-heli-2013-10-30.jpg (not MLAT though )

http://www.flightradar24.com/NAF63 this one is MLAT and very interesting...
                    Last edited by Jarod; 2013-10-30, 17:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post

http://www.flightradar24.com/NAF63 this one is MLAT and very interesting...
                      Try to follow the KLM-C E190's, if you can follow then to ground you're on to something ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkjet View Post
                        Try to follow the KLM-C E190's, if you can follow then to ground you're on to something ;-)
                        Ask Mike to send me 3 more receivers, hehehe.
                        But seriously, there are countless of "old" receivers around Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS/EHAM).
                        In the future i am sure they will be replaced and then indeed we can have MLAT very low. I wonder if MLAT will work on the ground with 4 receivers.

I am reading the FR24 receiver's raw data now, it's insane how well this works.
                        I get all the ground signals and test signals + a range of 450+km, awesome!
                        + helping with MLAT greatly i think/hope!

Comment

• Mike and others a little tip:
                          After seeing https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater and having tested it myself.

If you put the FR24 receiver too close to a WiFi antenna it might disrupt the GPS signals in the FR24 receiver and therefor MLAT might not work.
                          Moving the FR24 10cm further away already solved the problem, but even milliwatts too close can cause interference.

Comment

• MLAT flights from private owners are shown as aircraft type and not as registration.
                            Is that a bug or on request?

Note:
                            The correct reg is received by the receiver.
                            The reg is also used as call-sign, on the radio: example;
                            OO-ABC = Oscar Brave Charlie (OBC).
                            PH-XYZ = Papa Yankee Zulu (PYZ).

Edit:
                            Oh now i even got a full ADS-B with the wrong call-sign, please let me know if this is on request or not, else i can expand this bug report.
                            Last edited by Jarod; 2013-11-01, 19:59.

Comment

• It's intentional - if you read this page http://=www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works it says

Blocking
                              For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked.
                              This is not a subject for discussion - the site administrators and moderators will close down the subject very quickly - for reasons why, use the search function.
                              Last edited by peterhr; 2013-11-01, 20:31.

Comment

• Yes i know, that's why i asked.
                                I would figure the plane not to be shown at all. But if showing the aircraft type is still allowed that's cool.
                                I just thought it was a bug, where $4 was selected instead of $5 as example.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                                X