Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, i wonder if my question will ever be answered.....

Comment

Originally posted by Holty View Post
      Hmmm, i wonder if my question will ever be answered.....
      Hopefully Mike is on the phone to the RAF pleading to let us have the blocked signs removed.
      Wonder if F-15's have been blocked,has off 13.00 today they had'nt been.
      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by CGlobe View Post
        And it doesn't say you won't find any such traffic, nor does it say that aircraft are "blocked". What's your point Mike? Or are you saying that now you've displayed the aircraft for a couple of weeks, obviously made a bit of money off those that have paid their 12 month subscriptions to view this traffic you've decided it's time to screw them over? That's certainly how it's looking to a lot of newly registered "Premium" members on various military aviation forums.
        My point is that we have never promised MLAT as a premium feature and we have never promised military traffic. We have always been very clear what Premium includes and we have offered premium users to take part in beta testing of MLAT, so we have not screwed anyone. We have also told that we will introduce blocking of some aircraft for different reasons. So I don't really see the disappointment and what we should explain.

Comment

Thanks Chris, i'm glad its not just me. I've been extolling the virtues of the premium package to a lot of my friends and now i'm going to look like a bit of an idiot. Especially if they pay thinking they are going to be able to see the Military traffic when they can't!!
          So are you claiming it's OUR fault that YOU have promised military traffic to your friends, and we have not promised it? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            So are you claiming it's OUR fault that YOU have promised military traffic to your friends, and we have not promised it? I don't get it.
            Not at all. I'm simply trying to find out if the block is permanent or not so i can advise friends that are interested in Military movements whether or not to pay. If they stay blocked i will advise to keep the free version, if they become visible again i will advise to buy the premium.

The fact that Military traffic was available to see with type and serial was what i based my decision to pay for the premium package. Now that facility has gone i'm naturally rather disappointed. You didn't say that the premium package included that facility, but neither did you advise that the ability to see Military types and serials was about to be removed.

Comment

I'm a little perturbed by the abruptness and defensiveness of your replies though. Simple answers to simple questions would look much better from an administrator of a public forum don't you think?

Comment

You can set the filter type callsign to "BLOCKED" to see some of the 'Blocked' aircraft on the map.
                You can then compare it to other tracking sites to get more details.

Pretty cool... Glad FR24 changed there opinion on the FR24 Blocking rule.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

I'm a little perturbed by the abruptness and defensiveness of your replies though. Simple answers to simple questions would look much better from an administrator of a public forum don't you think?
                  I have given a very clear reply http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post37008

The release of MLAT and BLOCKING is not ready, it's work in progress. Please at least wait with bug reports and comments until we have announced the release.

Comment

Thanks Brian, unfortunately for me i'm not on any other tracking sites nor do i have any of the SBS kit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I don't understand what 'MLAT och BLOCKING' means so to me its not a clear reply... I'm a photographer who is new to all this and have found your responses to my inquiries unhelpful and borderline rude.

A simple answer in the beginning along the lines of 'Yes' some military traffic is going to be blocked at the request of certain authorities' could have avoided any perceived impression of rudeness and impatience by myself. Not everyone is knowledgeable in the area of scanning and FR24. Try taking the time out to help new members instead of alienating them..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        The release of MLAT and BLOCKING is not ready, it's work in progress. Please at least wait with bug reports and comments until we have announced the release.
                        I know its work in progress, thats the reason why I gave you this hint. 4 eyes see more than 2
                        Last edited by eddm_muc; 2013-08-22, 16:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddm_muc View Post
                          I know its work in progress, thats the reason why I gave you this hint. 4 eyes see more that 2
                          Can you say that in english?
                          Also Mike,just say whether or not it's going to continue and put us out of our misery.

Ian

Comment

• I don't really understand why people are unhappy about paying for Premium, as Mike said there is absolutely no mention anywhere about MLAT being exclusive to Premium subscribers. Just because Premium subscribers were used in the beta doesn't mean they have to enjoy sole access to it. With regards to the blocking of military traffic, again this is a requirement of the authorities. Mike has explained clearly in other posts that allowing access to view the serial numbers of military aircraft risks the entire site being shut down if the authorities decided to bear a grudge against ADS-B sharing. IMO it's a small sacrifice to ensure the site doesn't rock the boat with authorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCASAlert View Post
                              With regards to the blocking of military traffic, again this is a requirement of the authorities.
                              Ah yes, "a requirement" - a requirement of which authorities, out of interest? Certainly not the CAA, who actively encourage all aircraft operating in Class-G to have Mode A/C and where possible, Mode-S!

PlanePlotter continues to excel with its MLAT system and strangely enough, hasn't been approached by any "authorities" to stop showing military aircraft data. They are also considered by many to be the best MLAT network available, so surely if the "authorities" were unhappy, they would have approached them? Sounds like the "authorities" line is nonsense to me. Anyone else?
                              RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
                              Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
                              Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

• Originally posted by CGlobe View Post
                                Sounds like the "authorities" line is nonsense to me. Anyone else?
                                The thing is, do you really want FR to take that risc? Or do you want to be able to follow more planes with MLAT as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X