Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIDD
    replied
    Is there a problem with Radarview at the moment? Each time I try to access it at radarview flightradar24 com , it gets redirected to www flightradar24 com/premium/

Leave a comment:

• Frazpo
    replied
    Originally posted by Frazpo View Post
    The bones tutorial site link appears to be broken. Where else can I learn about creating waypoint and outline files for radarview?

I found what appears to be a new link for the same thing,,,

Leave a comment:

• Frazpo
    replied
    Originally posted by FR24support View Post
    RadarView adopts the map customisation of the Basestation software and uses the same Outline (.out) and Waypoint (.wpt) file formats.

Outline files for "flight paths" are available from the www.jetvision.de website (though this appears to be down at this time).

The Bones Tutorial is an excellent source of information about using Outlines and Waypoints:

And there's a guide here for creating airport outlines:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index...g28.html#msg28
    The bones tutorial site link appears to be broken. Where else can I learn about creating waypoint and outline files for radarview?

Leave a comment:

• vnratc
    replied
    Amper, thx for the link, I've been there. Anyway, after playing around with settings adding wpt and airways, adjusting colours, setting lines in the data block I gotta say: Radar View feature is just terrible, and let me explain why.

First of all, the Font - it's pretty hard to read it. If it's so indistinct it at least should be allowed to increase it's size.
    Interface - come on, to edit the amount of graphics I want to see on my screen I must go to text editor and add/delete wpt and airways I need/don't want. Moreover, it's base is outdated, incorrect.
    Data blocks (labels) - why can't I select Altitude/Speed in the second raw? It's so obvious, even conventional fr24 view allows it. I'd also be perfect to set an area out of which the labels would be suppressed e.g. radius 100 miles from an airport.

Don't throw anything at me please, these are just my thoughts. I'm an active controller, so I just wish this feature developed into something modern looking as for now it reminds me of ATC workstations from 90ties. Probably there is just no money to do all this as it'd take a lot of time to do this job and it's understandable. But if there are, it's just unfair to ask money for such a low-end application.

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    There you go http://skyvector.com

About files.....use the link to create files you need

Leave a comment:

• vnratc
    replied
    Hello guys! I'm looking for Airspace boundaries (not only FIR, but also ACC/APP) and SID-STARs outlines files, preferably for LTBA, KJFK, Australian airports. Can anyone help me with this?

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    You can download the RodBearden's outlines zip file to use with Radarview.

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    there is no program to download.
    Use notepad++ to create .wpt and .out files
    on the link you can see how

Leave a comment:

• ATCreeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Amper View Post
    You don't have problem. That is optional,and if not available for your airport you have to create it.
    here...enjoy http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/S...aseStation.htm

FR24 doesn't provide those files
    I dont know how to download the program.

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    You don't have problem. That is optional,and if not available for your airport you have to create it.
    here...enjoy http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/S...aseStation.htm

FR24 doesn't provide those files
    Last edited by Amper; 2015-02-08, 15:17.

Leave a comment:

• ATCreeper
    replied
    Hello,
    I have a problem with my RadarView, I want to see LEMD but it's very poor only runways and planes and I want ILS's, Holds, VOR's, fixes...
    How can I have them??? I've seen videos of spanish people that have the flightradar 24 and full LEMD and I want it to.

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by YARM.ARMIDALE View Post
    Recent addition to Premium (F-YARM1 Armidale NSW AU)

Question relates to Radarview and the Basestation.ini file which I'm guessing enhances the look of the screen displayed.

How exactly do I get the Basestation.ini file and then load?
    Using Google Chrome if that makes any difference.
    All the received flights are showing well in red and obtaining signals from distances of over 200nm.

Thanks,
    Nigel
    yarm.armidale@gmail.com
    Nigel,

Fire up Radarview and you'll find a section entitled 'settings' on the left hand side (click on it to expand) where you can import your files (including Basestation.ini file, wpt. and out. files) using a basic and familiar search function. Of coarse, this assumes that you have these files in the first place. When you're running a Basestation SBS-1 (as I do) with this software on board that's very simple. Not sure what you can do if you are not.

... and you're absolutely correct. It does enhance the Radarview display.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-08, 13:26.

Leave a comment:

• YARM.ARMIDALE
    replied
    Recent addition to Premium (F-YARM1 Armidale NSW AU)

Question relates to Radarview and the Basestation.ini file which I'm guessing enhances the look of the screen displayed.

How exactly do I get the Basestation.ini file and then load?
    Using Google Chrome if that makes any difference.
    All the received flights are showing well in red and obtaining signals from distances of over 200nm.

Thanks,
    Nigel
    yarm.armidale@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by toString View Post
    I've made a custom .wpt file that has my co-ords in to show where *I* am on the map. (Just copied a VOR line).

I would like to make circles around 'me' to show distance from me - i.e. a circle every 5 miles... Is this possible using custom wpt files to upload to radarview?
    The SBS-1 Basestation I'm using includes range rings but as to whether they are in the wpt. files or not I cant say for certain. My unit isn't running at the moment and I may not be able to check until it is. I'll try checking the 'ini' file, wpt. files and 'out.' (outline files) and see if I can work it out. I suspect at present it's an 'out.' file and I don't know for sure if these are able to be used by Radarview. Perhaps they can be. I've also added some downloaded files to Basestation and adjusted a few of those so it's likely we can help.

Regards,
    Gregg

'out' files are usable in Radarview so if I can find the file containing the rings (I've got quite a few files to search) I'll see if I can post it on here for you. They may need adjustment as the rings are a little larger than you require. I'll also have to wait until my unit is running as then I can isolate each file individually. Probably better than trying to trudge through the files longhand.

In the meantime some one else may come up with something to help you out.

There may be some delay re getting to your issue as I've got a problem with my receiver (or at least the amp) which may take some time to sort out. Apologies for this.
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-06, 13:26. Reason: updated info

Leave a comment:

• toString
    replied
    I've made a custom .wpt file that has my co-ords in to show where *I* am on the map. (Just copied a VOR line).

I would like to make circles around 'me' to show distance from me - i.e. a circle every 5 miles... Is this possible using custom wpt files to upload to radarview?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X