X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyTweety View Post
    Wow, so less feedback to my suggestion

Is there nobody who want to say anything about the posibilities, if the FR24 Team is interested or at least that no one like my idea?
    We are reading all suggestions, but it doesn't implement them directly. It's a matter of time, and technical issues and priority. Marking navigations point on map has been commented by me earlier, and the answer is still: We don't have the data.

I don't say we will never implement in, but it's an enormous project getting data for just one country, and we cover almost 100 countries. Apart from that there are technical limitations in Google Maps API. Of course there must we ways to solve that, but already now we have complains about the map mowing slowly. Adding thousands of marks on the map would slow in down even more. I guess we will need the rework the technical platform before we can plot more on the map.

Right now our focus is on getting the route table up to date. Today we have only about 30% or the route data, and I think we should reach about 80% before we start a new data collecting project.

Comment

• Thank you for the answer.
      I never expected that you implement something instantly, the main reason for my post was one of your worries: Yes, it is an enormous project to collect the Data.

But the Data is already collected (worldwide) and is provided for a project that use the google api!
      So my idea was a kind of partnership with Tim Arnot (tasoftware) to merge the best of both worlds real traffic tracking and flight sim freeware.
      So why not ask Tim for his data or support? I think thereīs no need to to the work twice.

Thereīs no reason for hurry, FR24 works great as it is, but if you ever think to add Navaids, keep in mind that it might be easy to get the data, asking is for free.

What concerns the technical reasons, i have to agree with you, all the drawings of the overlays are able to freeze my older Notebook, i have to use them very carefully and have to select only a smaller collection instead of all of them.

Take your time, as i told before, FR24 is already great, itīs great fun to sit at the balcony and watch the traffic at the sky and recognize him in the FR24 window.
      And i really hope that iīm able to connect to your network with an own Radarbox soon. Itīs only a question of 500 bucks

Comment

• Why not a small red dot in the map where the "radars" are located??
        • On the left menu, when a plane is selected, there is a "Radar: ESNL" text. Why not a mouseover text to explain where/what ESNL is in text "ESNL/Lycksele General Airport".

Comment

• Originally posted by schtaan View Post
          "ESNL/Lycksele General Airport".
          Seconded!!!
          Because right now these are my (time-inefficient) workarounds:
          On the computer: 1) Copy 2) Open http://data.flight24.com/ 3) Paste and see.
          On the iPhone: 1) Quit FR24. 2) Start another app and query the airport code. 3) Quit that app. 4) Again start FR24-

Comment

• Red Dots? What next! Come on guys, that just means more map clutter and time for our hard pressed group who keep the FR24 package running! It's an easy task to pick up a listing of ICAO/IATA airfield codes from the internet, just once and you're set up for life! Radar boxes are not all operated 24/7 so what's the point of a red dot? It's not going to be linked to the database, so some dots could indicate a non operational box for some time, also the radar box is only assigned this code to indicate the nearest airport as a general indication of location and would not be spot-accurate! Just sit back, use and enjoy what's on offer from our hard working team!

Comment

• Originally posted by schtaan View Post
              • Why not a small red dot in the map where the "radars" are located??
              • On the left menu, when a plane is selected, there is a "Radar: ESNL" text. Why not a mouseover text to explain where/what ESNL is in text "ESNL/Lycksele General Airport".

Yes I know this thread is a bit old, but this is one of the most commonly answered question.

1) We don't have location of all receivers
              2) Some receivers don't want to put their position on a map
              3) We don't always know if a receiver is online or offline
              4) Another 200-300 dot's on the map will just be a big mess

Comment

• Why does all this while Flighradar24.com work? = does not seem to be machines and claims that the planes will not fly??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabat View Post
                  Why does all this while Flighradar24.com work? = does not seem to be machines and claims that the planes will not fly??
                  Hi Rabat , welcome to the forum.

Can you give us more information on what you mean, thanks.

Mike/ Speedbird
                  AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Flightradar24 is my favorite plane tracking web. Great job, indeed!

I have just one improvement proposal. Could you please add a "Last update" line in the left panel? I mean time and date of the last received position (you can get inspired by http://planefinder.net). This information (time stamp) is available and adding of the one line should be a simple programming work. Thank you.

Comment

• Why should that be needed ?
                      All is live time in uper right corner in UTC ,
                      if the plane disapeers , the update is missing
                      coming back you got time at upper right corner in UTC
                      same thing in replay

Ulf
                      http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
                      http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

• As Scanhorse wrote FR24 only shows live data. We don't keep old planes on map to make coverage look better. So everything on map is less than 10-40 seconds old.

Comment

• Well, there is a group of microwave ham radio fans that are making a long distance radio contacts bouncing flying aircraft. The reflections are pretty short (high speed of planes, small reflection area). Thus, "10-40 seconds" is too inacurate to predict when the plane crosses the area.

Actually, data might be delayed by "10 to 40 seconds" which is too inacurate make appropriate prediction calculations.

That is why I asked you for adding a time stamp of the planeposition that, from a programmer perspective, shoud be an easy task. Is this explanatoin clear? Your radar is being used daily by ham radio operators which bounce the microwaves from the planes. The simple time stamp info would dramaticaly incerase prediction accuracy.

Some references:

Comment

• Sorry, but this is how it works and what we can offer. We don't have the data of when the signal was received, and we have no planes on changing the the whole chain of software/database. Including additional data in the position-feed would increase the data transfer even more, when we are trying to get the size and traffic down.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. I understand you do not have the original time data. What about displaying actual server time when new plane position is refreshed?

Comment

• It's refreshed every 15 second with a delay of 10-40 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X