• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windsurfmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by GitseBase View Post
    F-SMJP1, Zanderij, Wanica, SURINAME

This is the 4th feeder in Suriname for FR24 after F-SMZO1, F-SMZO2 [jan-2015] and T-SMJP1 [dec-2015].
    F-SMJP1 is located at Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport (SMJP) and will provide ground coverage.
    I've watchd some flights in the morning and afternoon. The range seems preety good. Coverage is becoming to increase in northern Brazil and Guianas/Suriname. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• GitseBase
    replied
    F-SMJP1

F-SMJP1, Zanderij, Wanica, SURINAME

This is the 4th feeder in Suriname for FR24 after F-SMZO1, F-SMZO2 [jan-2015] and T-SMJP1 [dec-2015].
    F-SMJP1 is located at Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport (SMJP) and will provide ground coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Windsurfmaniac
    replied
    F-SAWE1 Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina

A new one in the end of the world.
    Last edited by Windsurfmaniac; 2016-01-28, 18:26.

Leave a comment:

• Windsurfmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    Easter Island? Forgot about it - one there would be just great.
    Yeah, sorry. LOL. I mean Rapa Nui, Easter Island or Isla de Pascua. Yours Chatham Island would also be a great location to track South America/Oceania traffic.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-NCRG1 Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Yet another one in the Pacific.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
    That's true. One radar in Eatern Island would be great too.
    Easter Island? Forgot about it - one there would be just great.

Leave a comment:

• Windsurfmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    F-PKMJ1 Marshall Islands International Airport

Yet another new feeder in the Pacific. Keep 'em coming - we Aussies and Kiwis might even get Norfolk and Lord Howe if we're real good.
    That's true. One radar in Eatern Island would be great too.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-PKMJ1 Marshall Islands International Airport

Yet another new feeder in the Pacific. Keep 'em coming - we Aussies and Kiwis might even get Norfolk and Lord Howe if we're real good.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-NFTV1 -Lupepauʻu International Airport, Vavaʻu, Tonga

Full credit to FR24 for the number of feeders being installed on Pacific Islands. When there is a lot of trans-Pacific traffic around, the screen is starting to look quite impressive.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-YFDF1 Fortescue Dave Forrest Airport near Cloudbreak Mine, Western Australia

Another of the many private jet airstrips built in remote Australia by resources companies. YFDF is only used for closed charters by several operators. The new FR24 feeder seems to cover a fairly wide area around the mine and gets down to almost ground level on the strip which is about 1600ft ABSL. The three screen shots attached show a Qantaslink B717 that has just landed. The strip is not visible on Google maps but can be seen in the satellite view. The third, zoomed out shot shows where in WA the strip is located.
    YFDF1C.jpgYFDF1A.jpgYFDF1B.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    F-SCRM1 - Teniente R. Marsh Airport, Antarctica.
    Per the screenshot posted on https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...76882388217856

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-YGGH1 Honiara, Solomon Islands

Always good to spot a new feeder on an island.

Leave a comment:

• GitseBase
    replied
    T-SMJP1

Since 10-dec-2015 T-SMJP1 is operational.
    This is the 3rd feeder in Suriname for FR24 after F-SMZO1 and F-SMZO2.
    Although the name implies the feeder is close to SMJP, ground movement at SMJP is next to none.

Range is 220 - 270 nm depending on altitude and that is (at the moment) better than F-SMZO1 and F-SMZO2

Leave a comment:

• adi4x
    replied
    Originally posted by TomasV View Post
    My max range[ATTACH=CONFIG]6721[/ATTACH]
    Your polar plot looks like the Millennium Falcon

Leave a comment:

• F-EGLF1
    replied
    Originally posted by TomasV View Post
    My max range[ATTACH=CONFIG]6721[/ATTACH]
    Tomas, the returns you see after the 300nm mark are just phantom signals, they are not counted and are probably reflected signals due to atmospheric conditions, I have been getting the same for the last few months now, if you look at the boot log on the FR24 box you will see that the max range is set at 350nm, anything over this or any signal that is not fully verified will be rejected, try running Virtual Radar Server and set it to map your range, you will find that it will not plot these phantom signals although you will occasionally see a plane appearing on the map at those distances, I am in the UK and have seen planes appearing over Denmark at over 360nm but not being plotted by VRS.
    Ben.
    Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2016-01-03, 17:27. Reason: Correcting spell checker errors

Leave a comment:

Working...
X