Website consuming a lot of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website consuming a lot of memory

Is anyone experiencing high memory consumption issues with this new FR24 update? Is there anything I can do to get around this problem without having to buy a better computer just for FR24?

The website is extremely slow with this new update.
    Testes.png

Originally posted by diegoh88 View Post
    Is anyone experiencing high memory consumption issues with this new FR24 update? Is there anything I can do to get around this problem without having to buy a better computer just for FR24?

Testes.png
    The memory consumption doesn’t seem excessive considering you have 25 tabs open! Try closing the other tabs and see how much memory FR24 is using on its own.
    also rebooting after you have closed the other tabs might be needed to free up the memory that Chrome has grabbed.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post

The memory consumption doesn’t seem excessive considering you have 25 tabs open! Try closing the other tabs and see how much memory FR24 is using on its own.
      also rebooting after you have closed the other tabs might be needed to free up the memory that Chrome has grabbed.
      At the time I took this screenshot, I only had the FR24 open. For some reason I don't know, Chrome always opens multiple instances.

But I've already done the tests on all available browsers, and they all have excessive slowdowns after FR24 launched this new version of the site.​​

Comment

Open a new tab. Press shift-ESC
        The manager will tell you

The 28 is associated processes. Not tabs. Every addin/plugin/extension and tab will open it's own processes.

The manager will pinpoint what

In my case, it isn't the largest. FB is.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Testes.png
          I'm experiencing lag in the website. When I zoom out and zoom in the page seems to freeze and clicking on airports takes a long time to display the information on the left side. Overall experience is that the website seems to be slow and lagging.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisage View Post

I'm experiencing lag in the website. When I zoom out and zoom in the page seems to freeze and clicking on airports takes a long time to display the information on the left side. Overall experience is that the website seems to be slow and lagging.
            That's exactly what's happening to me. If I move the map somewhere, it looks like it has extreme LAG. This started with the launch of the new FR24 website.

I have messaged them directly but no response as of yet. So please get in touch too so they can see that this is not an isolated case.​

Comment

That's exactly what's happening to me. If I move the map somewhere, it looks like it has extreme LAG. This started with the launch of the new FR24 website.

I have messaged them directly but no response as of yet. So please get in touch too so they can see that this is not an isolated case.​
              Hi!

Yes, I'm also having the same issues when moving the map. I have also written to them. Let me see what response they have.

Comment

image.png​Looks like there are a lot of complaints.

Comment

Received a response from their team. Seems they are aware of this issue and working to resolve it.

Comment

FWIW, a couple times in the past few days, my Macbook has forced me to quit apps because of a lack of available RAM. Upon closer inspection, I saw that Firefox was consuming something of the order of 3GB (by far the biggest-consuming app). Then by closing each tab in turn, I noticed that the biggest drop in consumption occurred when I closed FR24. It looked like it was consuming 1.5GB on its own. Not sure if this is a super scientific method but twice I observed this when dealing with the same consumption issue.

Comment

I use an LG ultrawide 34 monitor and before the FR24 update everything worked normally, but after the update moving the map became impossible. The solution I found was to reduce the browser window by half of my monitor, it worked, so I can move the map normally like before the update. I believe the problem is something related to resolution. I hope they resolve this quickly.

Comment

I use an LG ultrawide 34 monitor and before the FR24 update everything worked normally, but after the update moving the map became impossible. The solution I found was to reduce the browser window by half of my monitor, it worked, so I can move the map normally like before the update. I believe the problem is something related to resolution. I hope they resolve this quickly.
                        Wow.... yes it worked for me too..... let me keep using it with a reduced window size.... mine is a 28 inch Samsung widescreen monitor......

Comment

Also, just tested with random window sizes.... except for full screen all non-full screen sizes seems to work normally....

Comment

Today, 4/4, the page looks better in full-screen mode. Is anyone feeling the change?

Comment

Working...
                            X