Ground Vehicles missiong YPPH and other airports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Vehicles missiong YPPH and other airports

Just noticed no more ground vehicles anymore at Perth Airport, but they are visible with PlaneFinder and other programs. Is there a fix for this?

Originally posted by numloxx View Post
    Just noticed no more ground vehicles anymore at Perth Airport, but they are visible with PlaneFinder and other programs. Is there a fix for this?
    Yes. Needs the feeder to turn his/her box back on or a new feeder close to the airport.
    Editor

Comment

It's picking up aircraft on the ground ok.

Comment

Nzaa also. And the t have ground cover
        /Edit flag that. 1 is back today.
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2024-03-09, 19:36.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It's picking up aircraft on the ground ok.
          So what's the problem then?
          Editor

Comment

Originally posted by user12345 View Post

So what's the problem then?
            Ground vehicles assigned as ground vehicles being filtered,. despite the shown toggle being on/enabled is what it was doing yesterday when I checked. (But not hiding aircraft)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Ground vehicles assigned as ground vehicles being filtered,. despite the shown toggle being on/enabled is what it was doing yesterday when I checked. (But not hiding aircraft)
              The filtering depends on what category they're set to in the back-end database, not what it shows on the front-end. Give me some example hex codes and tell me what they should or should not be doing on the live map.
              Editor

Comment

1EEJ911 [7CF636]​
                TUG 31 [7CF65A]​
                TUG70 [7CF5D3]​

Are currently on the ground, according to Plane.watch as of 2238+8.

Also with planefinder
                7CF5D3​
                7CF657​
                7CF66E​

Comment

1EEJ911 [7CF636]​
                  TUG 31 [7CF65A]​
                  TUG70 [7CF5D3]​

Are currently on the ground, according to Plane.watch as of 2238+8.

Also with planefinder
                  7CF5D3​
                  7CF657​
                  7CF66E​
                  We don't have any control over what other websites show. Clearly they have more feeders close to the airport, hence why they are showing there and not here. Until one of those feeders (or new feeders) decide to feed to FR24 (as well) then you will of course see the discrepancy. As discussed extensively in other threads, a lot of feeders decided to terminate service to FR24 over the MLAT debacle and I doubt those feeders will ever return.

The bottom line, the hex codes you refer to are not being filtered at all. They are simply not being received to the network because there is not enough feeders feeing them in order to plot them,
                  Editor

Comment

So it's lack of coverage on the ground, despite picking up aircraft on the ground as well?

Comment

Yeah, can't use that one here I don't believe.
                      I'd be more pointing to the fact fr24 control what the uploader sends and probably stuffed up and turned it off.

Evident during startup when it clearly defines max range and gnd options set on/off.
                      ​​​​​​
                      As pointed out (you only need open the map) there IS active ground activity being uploaded. By feeders well within range. Commercial Airircraft in particular.
                      But what isn't present at the same time among these perfectly received airplanes, appears to be GND flagged vehicles.
                      Being a CAT3b location also means they likely aren't mlat vehicles either.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Screenshot_2024-03-12-17-51-04-94_8a6ce7ef6b1c5341b022b20d7fbb4b6e.jpg

Comment

Exactly, so aircraft on the ground show up, but not ground vehicles which are ADSB fitted.

Comment

Working...
                        X