Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Routes "Unknown"

Hi all,

I appreciate this may be a frequently asked-about topic.

I have been looking for a regional airline to fly in the Latin America region on MSFS.
    As many others do, I like to fly officially posted routes and use FR24 religiously in order to get the flight details etc.

I have found a route flying out of Mérida Carnevalli airport, one that I believe has quite a mountainous arrival and departure (you know, fun).
    However the records of the particular airframe I have searched shows 90% of its flights as "Unknown" in terms of origin, destination and flight number.

I have seen this phenomenon if you will with other flights of all kinds of aircraft, mostly in Russia which I just put down to the current conflict in Ukraine.

I have checked up on the post "How it works" and read something about ADS-B coverage and how the ATR42 in this case isn't equipped with such a device and therefore FR24 won't get the information. It also mentioned how only newer models of the ATR72 are equipped with the same device. I fly also in MSFS, an ATR72 belonging to Iberia Regional / Air Nostrum which is the same age as the ATR42 of this Conviasa route I have attached in the screenshot. So I would assume the age of the plane isn't a factor. Also, even though it mentions that the ATR42 as a whole isn't fitted with ADS-B, there are still some flights recorded, albeit not consistently.

So is the reason these "Unknown" results keep appearing due to the specific airframes themselves, or a limitation within FR24.

I also know that Mérida doesn't have radar but I'm unsure if that would affect things.

Cheers,
    ~Mike
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X