Flight plan data from Eurocontrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight plan data from Eurocontrol

As I am working in the aviation industry with work-related access to Eurocontrol NM systems (CHMI, NOP), I am pretty sure that Flightradar also has access to filed flight plans as data source because flights appear on the Flightradar airport lists as soon as they are filed (which is a great information of course).

However, I wonder how or where it might be possible to get this data from (besides Eurocontrol B2B services) because it would be generally against Eurocontrols' terms and conditions?

Maybe someone knows or shed some light on it. I am really curious.

Originally posted by RoB-2 View Post
    As I am working in the aviation industry with work-related access to Eurocontrol NM systems (CHMI, NOP), I am pretty sure that Flightradar also has access to filed flight plans as data source because flights appear on the Flightradar airport lists as soon as they are filed (which is a great information of course).

However, I wonder how or where it might be possible to get this data from (besides Eurocontrol B2B services) because it would be generally against Eurocontrols' terms and conditions?

Maybe someone knows or shed some light on it. I am really curious.

Hey there,

It's intriguing to delve into the data sources for flight tracking services like Flightradar24, especially when you're in the aviation industry and understand the complexity behind the data.

You are correct that flight plans are a crucial data source for flight tracking services. Flightradar24 and similar services indeed obtain flight plan information, but they typically do this through a combination of publicly available data and private agreements with airlines and air traffic control entities.

While Eurocontrol is a primary hub for flight plan information in Europe, accessing its data directly for commercial purposes outside of their B2B services would indeed breach their terms. However, services like Flightradar24 may not necessarily need to access Eurocontrol's data directly.

Comment

Working...
    X