JAL (JL) appearing as Jet Linx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAL (JL) appearing as Jet Linx

Maybe to do with the prefix JL but when you look at the 'Routes' section of an airport and then select an airport where JAL has a flight it shows up as Jet Linx Aviation instead of Japan Airlines.

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

This is causing a lot of problems for me as well. I think it stems from the fact that Flightradar24 "translates" ICAO codes into IATA codes. When I search for "JAL" I want Japan Airlines flights, not "JL" flights. The JL code is shared by Jet Linx (a domestic US operator) as well as Japan Airlines.

To avoid this confusion, I'd really like it if FR24 would follow ICAO codes, which are not duplicated.

A lot of flights mix together when searching because of this.

Untitled.png

Comment

Hello, thanks for your message and question. We have been aware of this bug/issue for quite some time. Fixing it requires a serious rework that would affect different segments of our current system. It therefore cannot be quickly and easily fixed, but it is definitely on our list and will be addressed in the future. Thank you for your understanding.
      Toni
      FR24

Comment

Hi Toni

Thank you for this. I imagine a small change can have lots of other consequences. Generally, nothing is ever as easy as it might appear on the surface.

Comment

Thanks from me too Tony.

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

Comment

Working...
          X