Another Filter issue - webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Filter issue - webpage

Despite all the fanfare the new webpage update has taken a backwards step with the filtering.

If a filter is setup for example in/out a particular airport previously it was possible to quickly turn off the filter temporarily to see all planes then click the slider to turn on again.
    That feature has now gone and you now have to go through all the extra process and unwanted clicks to setup a brand new filter again.

Can we please re-instate this feature, surely any updates should not remove functionality which used to make the site more efficient to use?

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

With filters selected, just click to the left of the airport (filter) you have saved. It turns it on / off.
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 154556.jpg

Comment

Enough people complained on social media and email

It's back. see Facebook
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for listening, wonderful to have it back!

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

Comment

Another issue with these new filters and not sure if anyone has noticed but if you add your own Radar Feeder filter and check the box to activate it. It doesn't show your actual planes that are from your radar, but it selects a few from other radar feeders. Not what I was hoping to be dispayed.

So, yes, a step backwards in my opinion. It worked fine before, why change it? Not heard of the saying; "if it works, don't change it".

It happens on bother Chrome and MS Edge browsers.
          T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
          Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
          Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

I think the firm stance on 'radar' flag has been 'random' display of whoever at the time. Given that, I doubt they'd likely put any further effort into a 'filter by' to make it have any accurate effect of showing from 1 person only. Happy to be proven wrong.

But radar view or your own display has a better chance - (it may also be a rushed response to FA and their local radar view you can now use from anywhere as long as logged in to website - if you feed them, worth the v5 upgrade and look into)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for replying Oblivian. I guess you are correct in that they no longer show from one specific feeder. The previous web version did and that was great.

Oh well, I have VRS and FA in which I can see my own feeds and I'll continue to use FR24 less now.

I do feed into FA too using their V5 and I can see everything of mine and it isn't restricted what I can and cannot see.

Thanks again
              T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
              Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
              Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                I think the firm stance on 'radar' flag has been 'random' display of whoever at the time. Given that, I doubt they'd likely put any further effort into a 'filter by' to make it have any accurate effect of showing from 1 person only. Happy to be proven wrong.

But radar view or your own display has a better chance - (it may also be a rushed response to FA and their local radar view you can now use from anywhere as long as logged in to website - if you feed them, worth the v5 upgrade and look into)
                I'm not sure where you see a problem. When I use the 'Radar' filter on the FR24 web-page, I get the exact same list of aircraft as I get locally on the receiver here at home. So the filter has picked all 'my aircraft' exactly.
                Still if I select one of those aircraft, then FR24 will still flag one of the many 'Radars' as the one seeing it. Could mine or could be another. But that is also clearly stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post

I'm not sure where you see a problem.
                  Replying to Responder. Who's reporting one.

Posting and feeling like none is taking notice sucks. So try to fill that gap where possible. Or the place is pretty flat.
                  Get it wrong sometimes? Sure. But effort made - did say, happy to be proven wrong If there was a sudden focus on 'seeing my radar' in lights after years of being advised it was seen as a pointless attribute/feature.

So if it suddenly works now, color me purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Replying to Responder. Who's reporting one.

Posting and feeling like none is taking notice sucks. So try to fill that gap where possible. Or the place is pretty flat.
                    Get it wrong sometimes? Sure. But effort made - did say, happy to be proven wrong If there was a sudden focus on 'seeing my radar' in lights after years of being advised it was seen as a pointless attribute/feature.

So if it suddenly works now, color me purple.
                    Purple
                    You do a great job helping out here in the forum. And let us make the most of having the ear of somebody from 'upper management' and clear up this MLAT thing

Comment

Still if I select one of those aircraft, then FR24 will still flag one of the many 'Radars' as the one seeing it. Could mine or could be another. But that is also clearly stated.
                      When I first started feeding, I don't think that was clearly stated. It was disheartening to select an aircraft and see a Radar from 100 miles away be listed as the source. And still true today. Eventually I came to understand that it's just one of many Radars, but that's not 100% clear to start with. So I had no way of knowing if my data was helping or not. I came to understand this, through this forum, due to the volunteers that take time to answer that same question over and over again. So if it was truly clear, the question wouldn't come up so frequently. Being a new feeder, I did like seeing my radar in lights!

99/100 times, it's always a "F" radar that's the source shown. Rarely was my "T" Radar the source shown or any T radar for that matter as the source randomly shown as the source of the flight tracking (Prior to this latest iteration of filters, you could set the filter to your radar and I would see what aircraft I was primary on....usually devoid of any aircraft that met that criteria). Even if I had better tracking than another "F" radar (I could watch the track continue straight for example, when my data showed it turned, or the speed and altitude changed but FR24 didn't show the changes, etc.). And, I could also watch the data source change from ADSB to Radar when I was tracking the aircraft just fine. The reason I started feeding was FR24 wouldn't accurately track the flights at lower altitudes near my location and to see FR24 still not use my data....you get the idea. It feels at times that T Radars are second class regardless of data quality or quantity.

To be honest, if you didn't show which radar was randomly selected as the source, it would be better and reduce the questions and concerns. Just show how many radars are tracking the flight. And wouldn't be hard to show that my Radar is one of them. Or not.

And then there's the MLAT thing...!

Comment

Working...
                      X