MLAT enabled but not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spudd View Post
    Can confirm it was a server side issue that has now been resolved.

EDIT: may require the fr24feed service to be restarted?
    No works here without a restart at least for me
    T-EDHN13

Comment

Why my mlat-uplink-stats is always "0"?

mlat-mode="UDP"
      mlat-number-seen="48"
      mlat-ok="YES"
      mlat-started="YES"
      mlat-time-last-ping="1459863909"
      mlat-time-last-seen="1459863921"
      mlat-time-stats="1459863924"
      mlat-uplink-stats="0"
      mlat_problem="no-config"

Comment

I'm using Jessie on a Pi3 and when I run sudo service fr24feed status, I get the following:
        Code:
        ● fr24feed.service - LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
           Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/fr24feed)
           Active: active (running) since Wed 2016-11-09 15:55:25 GMT; 2 days ago
           CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                   └─734 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-pid=/var/run/fr24fe...

Nov 09 15:55:25 tracker systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder...
        Nov 09 15:55:25 tracker fr24feed[682]: Starting FR24 feeder: fr24feed.
        Nov 09 15:55:25 tracker systemd[1]: Started LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.

So I've grabbed the script and tried to run it but I get the following error:

Code:
        can't find file to patch at input line 3
        Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
        The text leading up to this was:
        --------------------------
        |--- /etc/init.d/fr24feed	2016-03-04 15:17:12.000000000 +0000
        |+++ /etc/init.d/fr24feed.new	2016-04-01 22:03:27.593210225 +0100
        --------------------------
        File to patch:
        I do have an /etc/init.d/fr24feed file but it's dated July 11th 2016. I'm running a new Jessie build with dump1090-mutability and the feeders all configured using the ADS-B Receiver Project script.

I know my feed to Fr24 is working, I can see that from my account details - It would just be nice to have the status/diagnostics show correctly.

Keith.

Comment

@keithma:

So, from your 1st code posting we see "Active: active (running) since Wed 2016-11-09 15:55:25 GMT; 2 days ago"
          Interpreting that, everything seems to be OK - at least at 1st sight.

Then you write: "So I've grabbed the script...". Obviously, you weren't satisfied with 1st log output and you consequently "grabbed the scipt". What does that mean? HOW did you grab? And why? That's not clear to me, I apologize.

Please see - in detail (!) - http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-FAQs-and-Info

As written there, I'd suggest you stop the feeder
          -> sudo service fr24feed stop
          and then start the feeder *without* 'service' as follows:
          -> sudo fr24feed start
          The output is then directed to your screen. Let it run for 3-4 minutes and stop it with CTRL/C. Then catch the log-output by PUTTY-function "copy all to clipboard" and post it here. Maybe we can find something.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Wolli.

Apologies for not being clear. The script I'm referring to is the one mentioned in post #55 in this thread. I can't link to it, I don't have enough forum posts yet. It describes the fact that the "sudo service fr24feed status" command doesn't work properly in Raspbian Jessie and provides a script to correct it.

I'd quite like to be able to get a diagnostics display which shows everything is working. I accept that it all appears to be working because I know I'm uploading to Fr24 successfully.

As to how I grabbed the script, I downloaded the text file in that post, created a file and copied the contents into it.

Comment

This script is a patch file which is used with the patch utility to apply two small changes to the file /etc/init.d/fr24feed.

You could also apply them manually with a text editor. All it does is add a diagnostic operation which does the same thing as the status operation.

Comment

Originally posted by stanno View Post
                You could also apply them manually with a text editor.
                I'm more than happy to do that although I don't understand the script well enough to be exactly sure what needs to be changed.

Comment

It basically says to open /etc/init.d/fr24feed in an editor, then go to line 157 and look for the line that matches the one in the patch file with the minus (-) sign at the start of the line. Change this line to the one with the plus (+) sign at the start of the line. Don't include the plus sign.

Do the same for the next patch after line 170.

The leading minus sign indicates the line to delete and the plus sign indicates the line to replace it with.

Comment

Thanks for your help, stanno. I've made those changes exactly and now I don't get any errors when I run sudo service fr24feed diagnostics.
                    However, I don't get any info back either now!
                    Code:
                    pi@tracker:/etc/init.d $ sudo service fr24feed diagnostics
                    pi@tracker:/etc/init.d $
                    Yes, I've restarted the fr24feed service after editing the file.

Comment

Right, replying to myself. As is often the case, a single character typo had crept in.

Code:
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2016-11-12 16:52:15.
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 Radar: T-EGVJ19.
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 Tracked AC: 81.
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] Receiver: connected (24099 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                      [ [color=green]ok[/color] ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 66.
                      All working now, thank you for your help.

Keith.

Comment

@keithma: Glad it is working now on your side. Following your reply to my posting, I also tried the patch (well, I just manually changed the two lines in the file using the nano editor), and it was successful. So thank you very much for your postings.

Also many thanks to @stanno whose replies also were very helpful for me for enabling the "diagnostics" option.

Comment

I have applied the patch but am still seeing the connection to the MLAT server dropping after a failed ping in the log:
                          2016-11-23 20:54:29 | [feed][i]sent 0,5 AC
                          2016-11-23 20:54:34 | [feed][i]sent 0,5 AC
                          2016-11-23 20:54:39 | [mlat][i]No ADS-B time reference available (0/1)
                          2016-11-23 20:54:39 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
                          2016-11-23 20:54:39 | [mlat][w]Could not ping MLAT server, result=-1000, number of errors=2
                          2016-11-23 20:54:39 | [mlat][i]Terminating connection
                          2016-11-23 20:54:40 | [feed][i]sent 0,4 AC
                          2016-11-23 20:54:40 | [mlat][i]Configuring UDP connection udp://mlat-1.fr24.com:19788
                          2016-11-23 20:54:40 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station
                          2016-11-23 20:54:40 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station: SUCCESS
                          2016-11-23 20:54:42 | [feed][i]removed 1 of 8 AC
                          2016-11-23 20:54:45 | [feed][i]sent 0,3 AC
                          This is a clean install of jesse on Pi (1) B with rtl-sdr

The diagnostic output repeatedly looks OK :

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service fr24feed diagnostics
                          [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2016-11-23 20:56:26.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                          [ ok ] FR24 Radar: xxxxxxxx
                          [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 4.
                          [ ok ] Receiver: connected (7611 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                          [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                          [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 4.
                          I will try switching server temporarily to test as mentioned previously, although I understood that had been fixed.

Comment

I added a comment to this thread but it did not appear - this is a test post - please ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by barjac View Post
                              I added a comment to this thread but it did not appear - this is a test post - please ignore.
                              Keep posting @s in code.. Forum thinks you are advertising iPhones with a email address since still In probation number of posts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ah OK thanks I see my re-post has appeared.

I tested changing the IP of mlat-1.fr24.com to 52.20.254.84 in /etc/hosts to and it fixes the problem, so it seems that the issue that is reported as fixed earlier in this thread has re-appeared.

Adding an entry to /etc/hosts with the correct IP of 83.140.21.66 makes no difference. (thought it was worth a try).

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X