Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running FR24feed

Hi all
    I am running a raspi with a DVBT dongle and fr24feed since a few days now. First I wonder if dump1090 fork supports a web interface like the original on pot 8080. The reason is so I can cross check the results of the feed and local decode.
    I must say that my feed, although I see no problem on the raspberry pi, doesn't seems to contribute in anything. I see planes locally with the help of Virtual Radar on port 30003 which do not appear on the flightradar24.com live screen.
    I have read many articles about it and doesn't seem to follow exactly what is happening. There are some explanations about the time needed, the data which may not be accurate and the statement that "not all planes appear on the live screen".
    Does anyone has a better explanation for this? Else what is the meaning of multiple feeds if the system can not take into account information that appear here locally? If there is a cause on this please explain so I will be able to try to correct it.

Thank you for your attention
    Regards
    Manos SV1IW

Check the feed status
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

If it says feeding, its working fine.

Why don't you show.. if you are in an area with 20 receivers all receiving the same aircraft. How do you propose they display them. Waste space on the the page and with all 20 radar codes at the time (which changes per milisecond)

The point of so many, is to ensure overlapping/meshed data accuracy. And MLAT from those on the new RasberryPi software. Regardless if your code appears as the current target lock or not.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Dear Oblivian I do not have a premium account.
      Thank you for the reply but it seems to me that you have missed the question which was based on this: I see planes locally with the help of Virtual Radar on port 30003 which do not appear on the flightradar24.com live screen. So looking for a clue, if any, on this.

I run the new MLAT enabled pi version so perhaps there is a good cause for that.
      Thanks again anyway

Regards
      Manos SV1IW

Comment

If you are a valid feeder you have a rolling premium acct as part of a thank-you. Login using the same details as the email provided when you signed up in the feeder.

FR filter data to ensure coverage. So if the aircraft is falling in and out of reception (not a solid data stream) it can be ignored as bad data. Also if you are receiving shared MLAT data via your version of Dump1090 they won't display online as it uses a different version.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi
          Since yesterday using Rpi2 and latest feeder-file 1.0.14-? Signingup went wel thou there was a problem with the fr24feeder.ini (writeprotected) but that seems to be solved.
          I use the USB-dongle with small-in-house antenna
          With "sudo service fr24feeder status" I mostly get connectionfails... not allways....
          Any suggestions to why?
          I think the wifi-connection is okay çause I see the Rpi over the network...

And still... when there is a connection (UDP) FR24-site states I'm offline .... to my regret
          Last edited by peerke63; 2015-08-26, 09:32.
          T-EHVK11 / RPi-2

Comment

Unfortunately my mail is unaccepted for some reason. At the same time the feed is validating ok. I tried to request a new password. still mail can't be found in the database. So can't do really much here...

Comment

Originally posted by peerke63 View Post
              Hi
              Since yesterday using Rpi2 and latest feeder-file 1.0.14-? Signingup went wel thou there was a problem with the fr24feeder.ini (writeprotected) but that seems to be solved.
              I use the USB-dongle with small-in-house antenna
              With "sudo service fr24feeder status" I mostly get connectionfails... not allways....
              Any suggestions to why?
              I think the wifi-connection is okay çause I see the Rpi over the network...

And still... when there is a connection (UDP) FR24-site states I'm offline .... to my regret
              -WiFi dongles can be very tricky. especially the cheep Chinese ones. Try to use the Ethernet on the pi and see if this happens again.

Regards
              Manos
              SV1IW

Comment

Originally posted by SV1IW View Post
                -WiFi dongles can be very tricky. especially the cheep Chinese ones. Try to use the Ethernet on the pi and see if this happens again.

Regards
                Manos
                SV1IW
                You're probably right.
                Have to make some things happen before I get a LAN-cable over there
                Done

Now I get... "receiver down"

And after reboot of RPi... succecfull (putted the receiver in another usb-post...tsssss)

Still wondering why (after a period of önline") I have status "offline" in statistics-page while I am really feeding... as far as I can tell...
                Last edited by peerke63; 2015-08-26, 10:45. Reason: additions
                T-EHVK11 / RPi-2

Comment

Regards
                  Manos
                  SV1IW
                  I'm running my Pi 2 via WiFi and only had issues with a power supply that couldn't power the Pi with the RTL dongle and WiFi and the other was the two dongles going to sleep (power saving) when there wasn't any air traffic.
                  F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

I see planes locally with the help of Virtual Radar on port 30003 which do not appear on the flightradar24.com live screen. So looking for a clue, if any, on this.

Regards
                    Manos SV1IW
                    A number of aircraft that have full ADSB transponders are not shown on FR24, this is for a number of reasons, and includes most military aircraft, quite a few business jets and aircraft associated with royalty / heads of state/ people with more money than you or I am ever going to see, these are on a block list , most of the commercial flights that are on the VRS map screen should show on FR24, however the VRS list screen shows all detected aircraft, many of these will not be broadcasting the full ADSB signal so will not be shown on FR24 unless there are enough MLAT stations detecting it to derive a position fix .
                    Hope this makes some sense to you.
                    Ben.
                    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                      A number of aircraft that have full ADSB transponders are not shown on FR24, this is for a number of reasons, and includes most military aircraft, quite a few business jets and aircraft associated with royalty / heads of state/ people with more money than you or I am ever going to see, these are on a block list , most of the commercial flights that are on the VRS map screen should show on FR24, however the VRS list screen shows all detected aircraft, many of these will not be broadcasting the full ADSB signal so will not be shown on FR24 unless there are enough MLAT stations detecting it to derive a position fix .
                      Hope this makes some sense to you.
                      Ben.
                      Hi Ben
                      yes this makes some sense. I will see if I can isolate the ones I see locally. I will have to wait though till I do some improvements on the receive antenna and add a preamp/filter to make sure I get all that I can. Hopefully will find a clear spot on a roof full of ham radio antennas...

Regards Manos SV1IW

Comment

Working...
                      X