Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ylis
    replied
    Hi YPTN - Tenant Creek has been offline for quite some time leaving quite a large hole in FR24 coverage. Any contacts in that area who might be interested in hosting a receiver ?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• ylis
    replied
    Hi Lancair70 and Netranger - I'm YLIS. Any interest in meeting sometime for a coffee and a chat ?? Say .... at Bangalow

Leave a comment:

• F-YPTN1
    replied
    HI all,

Well its been fun, just replaced the PWR supply and hopefully am back on the Radar (so to speak) I'm F-YPTN1 Located in Cossack (Near Katherine NT) .

Hopefully in a few weks another reciever will be activated in Katherine,

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Lancair70
    replied
    Hi and welcome Netranger.

I noticed your feed for the first time today whilst watching the skydive C208 descending at Tyagarah.

I am F-YBNA1. I'm about 1.5km south from Ballina airport, right next to Ballina Fair Shops. My aerial is on my roof, on a 6 metre pole. As you noticed I get quite good coverage to the SE from here, dead flat land between my location and the coast for 40km south of me. When viewing what my feed is picking up on plane plotter, I can see for about 250nm in all directions except to the NW.

Again welcome to the feed, we should get a lot more lower down from Byron to Tweed now.

Lancair

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Australian counterparts.

I have a beast, and 18-9 feeder. And just noticed something interesting, hope someone can confirm with me

Tapping into the raw output feed for planeplotter and such, all of a sudden my military aircraft do not show altitude via the feeder raw out, I've confirmed this by tapping direct to serial and can again see it. Clearly others are too as MLAT still works with the RNZAF C130s. But I want to isolate being a server side thing, or 18-9 playing silly buggers (short of downgrading version)

/edit and as I say that, a few restarts later and its away again. What the...
    For how long is to be seen
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-10-12, 20:17.

Leave a comment:

• NetRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    G'day NetRanger. I can see why you might have thought you'd get a YBCG code as I just picked you up for the first time latched onto VOZ527 , off Kingscliffe at about 7000ft heading into OOL. Hope you get great results where you are. Cheers.
    Hi airnrail,lol,im also a flight aware feeder and not used to seeing the radar code.The guy who has ybbn1 has fantastic range,must be high up .

Leave a comment:

• NetRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by YARM.ARMIDALE View Post
    Welcome NetRanger,
    Don't be overly concerned with the way it allocates, I operate a few YARM receivers and amongst them I have F-YARM3 and T-YARM3 both on the same account even.
    If you would like any help plotting range, let me know as I'm happy to assist.
    yarm.armidale.flightradar24@hotmail.com
    Regards,
    Nigel
    Hi mate,thanks for the offer,your sites are awesome!!.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by NetRanger View Post
    Hi everyone I just got my feed running and have been allocated T-YBNA1.Im located in Ocean Shores about midway between YBCG and YBNA. I wanted to get T- YBCGXX,but it is what is is.I notice that F-YBNA1 is a good strong station and hopefully I can complement that feeder.Im running a flightaware plus with a slovakian antenna that's about 15 feet high and range is as good as i can hope for considering my location is surrounded by huge trees.
    G'day NetRanger. I can see why you might have thought you'd get a YBCG code as I just picked you up for the first time latched onto VOZ527 , off Kingscliffe at about 7000ft heading into OOL. Hope you get great results where you are. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• YARM.ARMIDALE
    replied
    Welcome NetRanger,
    Don't be overly concerned with the way it allocates, I operate a few YARM receivers and amongst them I have F-YARM3 and T-YARM3 both on the same account even.
    If you would like any help plotting range, let me know as I'm happy to assist.
    yarm.armidale.flightradar24@hotmail.com
    Regards,
    Nigel

Leave a comment:

• NetRanger
    replied
    Hi everyone I just got my feed running and have been allocated T-YBNA1.Im located in Ocean Shores about midway between YBCG and YBNA. I wanted to get T- YBCGXX,but it is what is is.I notice that F-YBNA1 is a good strong station and hopefully I can complement that feeder.Im running a flightaware plus with a slovakian antenna that's about 15 feet high and range is as good as i can hope for considering my location is surrounded by huge trees.

Leave a comment:

• F-YMEN3
    replied
    Here is the improvement by moving to the top of the hill (its the only way to go). I get a max range of around 200 sometimes 205Miles, I thought it might be more, but there are hills around on the horizon. There is room for improvement though, longer coax so I can wind the tower right up and a low noise amp might help a bit too.

hill_plot.JPGhouse_plot.JPG

Leave a comment:

• F-YMEN3
    replied
    btw - I got my username wrong ..... just re registered with the correct name - F-YMEN3.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• T-YMEN3
    replied
    Thanks, yeah I'll be back up there on the weekend if there isn't too much rain (it turns to mud in the rain and is pretty hairy !).

Well I have security cameras at the location but still prefer not to give it away too easily. I'm under the main flight path for Syd - Mel traffic, near a big lake that Aircraft use for navigation, there is also a nav beacon around here.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by T-YMEN3; 2016-09-01, 09:00.

Leave a comment:

• bappleby
    replied
    Great stuff,

When your up the hill next take a few more. Whats the body of water? (if you don't mind giving away your exact location)

Leave a comment:

• T-YMEN3
    replied
    Yep, I have a couple. I've only had the remote setup since last Sunday ... been cloudy almost the whole time since then !

batteries.jpgsolar.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X