Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24feeder on old device

Hi guys, just one short question.
    I have an old android tv stick that I used for feeding fr24. It was working perfectly for many years ... until a few days ago when I got the message that the fr24feed version is to old (it was 1.0.18-5).
    Since then I have been trying to update the fr24feed but I failed. My linux knowledge is non-existent but from a message that I get when I try to start fr24feed (1.0.46) it seems that the linux kernel is too old.
    The question is ... is there a active version of the fr24feed program that would work on Ubuntu 14.04 (kernel 3.0.8).

Thanks!

What kind of computer are you using? How much disk space does it have? It might be possible to upgrade the OS and then use the current software. For example, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. It might also be possible to upgrade from a USB stick, but you would have to download the OS and put it on a USB. Not rocket science, but some basic knowledge is required.

Comment

The problem is that the device is an old android tv stick (MK808), and it requires a special version of linux to run properly. I have searched everywhere but all support is abandoned almost 10 years ago.

Comment

So far I could not find a solution for my old android stick, so I am trying to start a feeder on my laptop runing WSL2 and Ubuntu 22.04
        I followed instructions found on this forum (by you bimmerdriver), but I am stuck at the last step. I can not execute fr24feed and dump1090.
        I get the message:
        Code:
        System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
        Failed to connect to bus: Host is down
        It is the same for both fr24feed and dump1090 when using systemctl

I did some searching and it seems that in WSL2 systemd should be supported, but all the instructions and fixes that I found are not working.
        Please help ... what am I missing?

bimmerdriver btw. which bimmer are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by kkomarica View Post
          So far I could not find a solution for my old android stick, so I am trying to start a feeder on my laptop runing WSL2 and Ubuntu 22.04
          I followed instructions found on this forum (by you bimmerdriver), but I am stuck at the last step. I can not execute fr24feed and dump1090.
          I get the message:
          Code:
          System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
          Failed to connect to bus: Host is down
          It is the same for both fr24feed and dump1090 when using systemctl

I did some searching and it seems that in WSL2 systemd should be supported, but all the instructions and fixes that I found are not working.
          Please help ... what am I missing?
          Since there is a thread about WSL2, can I suggest posting this question in that thread? That way, this and any other questions can be answered in one place.

bimmerdriver btw. which bimmer are you driving?
          I'm currently driving an F87 M2C, which is my 4th BMW.

I M FAN.png
          Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean your thread with install instructions?

That is a very nice car!
            I have a F11 as my daily work horse. That's my second bmw, before I had an E36 ... there was an alfa romeo in between
            Last edited by kkomarica; 2024-03-19, 20:13.

Comment

Do you mean your thread with install instructions?
              Yes.

That is a very nice car!
              I have a F11 as my daily work horse. That's my second bmw, before I had an E36 ... there was an alfa romeo in between
              I like the touring body style. They are unfortunately not very common here in North America. What kind of alfa did you have?

My first BMW was an E36 328is, then I replaced it with an E46 M3, then I bought an F39 X2, then I traded in the X2 for the M2C, then I sold the M3.

Comment

X2 for a M2 is a killer trade! In general you had great cars!
                From what I have heard and seen there are a lot more BMW top models in the N. America. If its a BMW then it's a big engine or a M car. Here in EU we have a lot of small engines and a lot of diesels ... M cars are relatively speaking a rare sight.

I had an Alfa 156 Crosswagon ... it's very rare, like 1500 ever made. I liked it very much, but when compared to 5 series it's not so good )

Comment

X2 for a M2 is a killer trade! In general you had great cars!
                  From what I have heard and seen there are a lot more BMW top models in the N. America. If its a BMW then it's a big engine or a M car. Here in EU we have a lot of small engines and a lot of diesels ... M cars are relatively speaking a rare sight.

I had an Alfa 156 Crosswagon ... it's very rare, like 1500 ever made. I liked it very much, but when compared to 5 series it's not so good )
                  The M3 had very low mileage and was in collector condition, so it lived in the garage, while my daily driver, the X2, was parked on the driveway, in the weather. I wasn't happy with the X2, the warranty was close to ending and I didn't want to use the M3 as a daily driver, so I decided to sell both and get one car that I could use as a daily driver. I traded the X2 for the M2C and sold the M3 to a collector.

M cars are actually not all over the place here either. However, there are a lot of X cars. What might surprise you is that we have very few touring models, which I think is unfortuate. You're right that smaller engines are more common in the EU than in NA, because of the way cars are taxed.

The Crosswagon looks great!

Comment

Working...
                  X