Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-feeder Pi show's traffic, not all listed in "FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-feeder Pi show's traffic, not all listed in "FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List"

I have a feeder that was set up the following way:
    Installed piaware, dump1090-fa, dump978-fa, then added flightrader24 feeder, and planefinder feeder.
    I allowed flgihtradar24 to autoconfigure but use the existing dump1090-fa installation. (i.e. this isn't flightradar24's specific dump1090 version).

My goal was to feed flightaware, flightradar24, and planefinder (planefinder is the only one with a nice appleTV app, which is why I cared about that one).

What I'm seeing as an issue is:

In watching the aircraft the PiAware/Skyaware local URL from my pi will show a bunch of aircraft being tracked. Everything there looks good.
    Now, FR24 should be getting the same feed of data, and therefore I'd think it would see all the same aircraft.
    But when I go to the the local URL <pi-ip-address>:8754/tracked.html that shows the FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List,
    it is missing some aircraft. Consistently missing them. I can see that it's a 1090mhz plane, with a Mode S hex code, and I'm
    getting lat/long on it on the skyaware page, with altitude, along with N-Number. But it just never shows up in FR24.

If I compare the traffic locally on flightaware's site to flightradar24's, much of the traffic is on both, but there are always a handful of planes missing. If it weren't for the fact that I'm FEEDING some of these airplanes, I'd understand that they both may have different feeders. But I'm actually feeding them, so they should show on both, right?

What kinds of things would keep this from showing up in my FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List? I'm assuming I must have something wrong, because I'd think it should have the entire feed that I can view from the skyaware page on my pi.

I came to the forums about the same issue. I have a setup provided by FR24 for feeding info to the site, so it is not a question of 'I think I may have something set up wrong', but rather, why do I have aircraft showing in my list and on the map but some do not show up on FR24. I see this occasionally but this morning, I have time to come here and see what the answer to this question is. F-KE382 is my feeder, I am now going to look up where my feed is described here.
    I received my equipment and installed it in Feb of last year Feb 2023.
    Last edited by CapnGimp1; 2024-03-15, 15:52.

Comment

For people looking for the answer to this in the future: In my case, sure, I have a dual-radio feeder that was working fine to feed UAT and 1090 to Flightaware, and ADSBexchange and planefinder (although planefinder doesn't show any UAT). Flightradar24 worked but I never saw UAT traffic. Somehow in my forum browsing I missed that you have to get a 2nd feeder ID for the 978 side and activate it separately. I did that and now it shows my local UAT traffic...FINALLY! So it's looking much better. The key command, after an install of FR24 on the pi is:

sudo fr24feed-signup-uat

Hope that helps other people. It caught me off guard that they don't have both integrated.

Comment

Working...
      X