Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Zero W upgrade to Zero 2W - Flightradar24

Hello all,

I currently have FR24 running on a RPi Zero W, and I would like to upgrade to a RPi Zero 2W I recently purchased. I tried swapping the SD card - no joy. The 2W blinks a few times upon adding power, and then steady green light remains.

From what I understood, you can swap out the SD card from a RPi to another RPi - am I missing something here?

(I recently done this exact procedure on another Zero W to Zero 2W with my FlightAware setup and the SD card swap work perfectly fine, so... I thought it'd be the same on my FR24 setup)

-- Guinness88Drinker

If it's bullseye and fw updated, maybe.

The blinks tell you the error. Which may be power issues.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      If it's bullseye and fw updated, maybe.

The blinks tell you the error. Which may be power issues.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/document...ng-flash-codes

The original is bookworm.. I got what seems to be 3 flashes, but it looks like 1 long 1 short 1 long (stays on)

Comment

Originally posted by Guinness88Drinker View Post

The original is bookworm.. I got what seems to be 3 flashes, but it looks like 1 long 1 short 1 long (stays on)
        So, I finally decided to do a full fresh install on a new SD card and the new RPi Zero 2W. I downloaded the file directly off of https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own (Pi24).

I'm able to SSH into the Zero 2W, but when running <sudo fr24feed-status> I get:

FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
        FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2024-03-18 13:06:31.
        FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
        FR24 Radar: T-CYOW3.
        FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
        Receiver: down ... failed!
        FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

My other FR24 is the Zero W, and it is still running fine, and I've used all of the same settings in from the Zero W to 2W. Any thoughts? I'd really like to get the Zero 2W going.

Also, the Zero W is running Raspian, whereas the Zero 2W is running Debian.

Comment

Working...
        X