Can't set up a receiver - invalid longitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't set up a receiver - invalid longitude

(Sorry for a duplicate post, couldn't find a way to move the one I posted in the wrong sub)

Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm trying to set up a new receiver on a Raspberry Pi but I get stuck during the sign up/script wizard. Long story short, the script doesn't like my longitude (latitude is ok). I'm in central London and my longitude is very close to Greenwich Meridian (-0.0056). It looks like the script won't accept anything with a leading zero and another zero after the decimal point. For example, -0.1000 is ok but -0.0100 gives an error:

Code:
    Step 3.B - Enter antenna's longitude (DDD.DDDD)

$:-0.0111

Invalid longitude: -0.0111, please try again!

Step 3.B - Enter antenna's longitude (DDD.DDDD)

$:-0.1

Step 3.C - Enter antenna's altitude above the sea level (in feet)

$:
    ​
    Has anyone seen this issue before? Is there a know workaround or should I simply move my location by a few miles?

Thanks!

see the reply in the other post you made

Comment

Originally posted by f14driver View Post
      see the reply in the other post you made
      Sorry, I just turfed that for being in the wrong area and didn't spot there was replies
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

So here's the answer again: contact FR24 support at support(at)fr24.com and ask them to register a receiver for you.
        you need to deliver the latitude and longitude with 4 figures behind the decimal.
        They can create a sharing key for you and you can use that for the setup.

Comment

Thanks! I wrote to them and they seem to have updated it on their side without sharing a new key. Is there a way to check it myself somewhere? Thanks!

Comment

if your receiver is setup you should see the configuration at the status-page of the the receiver at ip.address.of.pi:8754/index.html
            so for example 192.168.2.10:8754/index.html

Comment

Working...
            X