Site online but not reporting data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site online but not reporting data

Maybe somebody here has the same issue or was able to resolve it.
    I have a green Radarbox dongle connected to a Thin client and it is feeding Flightaware and FR24.
    For FR24 it regularly reports being online but not sending data (status online -no data on the status page).
    There is no fixed interval between the issue appearing, one time it stays away for 2-3 weeks other times is is almost daily.
    Only remedy i found so far is rebooting it and then it starts to report again.

Since it is still seen online it doesn’t generate an alert so if I don’t check often it might lose multiple hours of sending data.
    Flightaware reporting goes flawless and it is not showing any issues.

All other equipment ( ADSBexchange and FA Prostick plus dongles) don’t show this behavior.
    Seems to be a server related issue since the other reporting sites don't have data upload interuptions.

Has anybody else this same behavior ? If so, were you able to fix it and how ?
    Many thanks for any insights

Last edited by f14driver; 2023-09-22, 16:51.

How long does your online - no data status remain? If it is just for a little while then it simply means your feed has not uploaded any data within the past few minutes.
    --

Comment

I've had two outages in the last 2 weeks, one of 36 hrs and the other one 5 hrs.
      Since the site is seen as online there's no notification of this.
      Both times a reboot was required to get it fixed, restarting the feeding software didn't solve it.
      Feeding to other platforms (Flightaware) on the same unit went flawlessly during the same period.
      I know it shows online no data after 10 mins of no data being sent but it won't recover by itself.

Comment

Analyzing the logs, this specific receiver will try to reconnect to FR24 but it is trying to do so on the type DVB-T but it is defined as AVR-TCP in the fr24feed.ini file. AVR-TCP is correct so I'm trying to understand why it is attempting to connect on DVB-T instead of the AVR-TCP option as configured.
        Since it gets no reponse from DVB-T is ends up in an endless loop trying to get connected.

Software version 1.0.34 running om DietPi (Debian 11) Linux system, hardware is a HP Thinclient T620.

Comment

Originally posted by f14driver View Post
          Analyzing the logs, this specific receiver will try to reconnect to FR24 but it is trying to do so on the type DVB-T but it is defined as AVR-TCP in the fr24feed.ini file. AVR-TCP is correct so I'm trying to understand why it is attempting to connect on DVB-T instead of the AVR-TCP option as configured.
          Since it gets no reponse from DVB-T is ends up in an endless loop trying to get connected.

Software version 1.0.34 running om DietPi (Debian 11) Linux system, hardware is a HP Thinclient T620.
          Yeah, that is odd. Does it do the same if you switch to beast-tcp? There is also version 37 that you can try installing or upgrading to.
          --

Comment

Hello Khan, I got the same response from FR24 support. They never encountered this issue as well.
            So the receiver has been reconfigured to beast-tcp and port 30005 now.
            This is contradicting the manual for FR24feed but it did connect on the first attempt.
            I'm monitoring the progress of that configuration change now to see if this resolves the issue for this feeder.
            Version .37 isn't applicable for AMD64 platforms so that's why it is om .34 still.

Comment

Working...
            X