Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can I ask to dissociate my current feed from my test account to my live account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can I ask to dissociate my current feed from my test account to my live account?

[update: Sorted out. Thanks!]

I set up everything 2 weeks ago with a test account and it's all working perfectly. I did this with a temporary account I set up for this testing. Now that it's all working I now want to have the data being sent from my feed to be credited to my normal FlightRadar account, which has a different email address and account name. My test account (the one I'm using to type this) can be deleted. Since this current account has had it's subscription level elevated to Business, I need this to move over to my live account as well (and obviously return this current account to Basic or removed entirely).

I've done all the re-configuring locally using the bash install script, and generated a new shared key, but I think I messed up here. When logging in/creating my live flightradar24 account, I used the Apple Login method, which generates an apple relay email. So as far as FR goes, my email is zsdffa35rawertzdsfgf@appleid.relay.com or something - it's not "whatever@mac.com". So when I ran the bash script above, and it prompted me for my email address, I originally gave it "whatever@mac.com". It issued me the radar id of T-CYWH34 and a new sharing key, and sent confirmation to my email address - or, more correctly, to the apple relay email address since that's all FlightRadar knows.

The problem comes when I'm using that bash install script, because I gave it my real apple email address. That's not going to match up with the FlightRadar website. So I've re-run the bash script and this time used "zsdffa35rawertzdsfgf@appleid.relay.com" as my email address, and it's generated a new sharing key and radar ID of T-CYWH35. So that's a bit of a waste. I don't wish to be consuming these unnecessarily so perhaps this could be fixed somehow?

I've been checking https://www.flightradar24.com/activate-raspberry-pi to see if my receiver is going to show up but so far it hasn't. It's only been an hour and it's late so I'll check it tomorrow but hopefully the receiver will appear. I don't know if something else needs to be done to dissociate my receiver with my old/test account so that it then appears in my live account.

Is there someone I should be asking to facilitate this, or is there an automated method to use?
    Last edited by dir; 2023-08-25, 19:47.

If you mean Forum account. has nothing to do with the feeder account.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

No, I don't mean the forum account. Sorry for the ambiguity. Can you offer any assistance on the problem?

Comment

Send a mail to support@fr24.com, explain them what you want to happen

Needed information:
        Current feeder site number
        They can transfer your feeder to the correct mail adres and they can remove the additional feeder-ids from your account.

Comment

Not sure who to thank, but it's done. The new account is working. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X