Wind and temperature data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind and temperature data

Hello all. Didn't find any other topics regarding this.

Does anyone have knowledge where Flightradar24 obtains the Wind and temperature data for flights?
    Is the data transmitted by fr24feed or are the values be mostly calculated by FR24 backend?
    I've had little success decoding the BDS4,4 data locally (using pyModeS), but the data seems to be constantly inconsistent with the information shown in FR24.
    I'm using dump1090-mutability as a demodulator, which should be happily decoding everything it "hears". It's supposed to be a valid input for fr24feed anyway?

Could the pyModeS (MRAR being experimental version) be the culprit here or could there be some database trickery in FR24 side to calculate "some" values for flights instead of real ones?

Thanks in advance for all the info regarding this

-Tomi
    Last edited by TomiO; 2023-06-05, 09:50.

With the release of the latest version of the Flightradar24 website we introduced new flight details called Extended Mode S data.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Readsb decodes way more data compared to dump1090-mutability. Got a proper data source from its aircraft.json for my application, instead of having to try and decode BDS4,4 myself.

Comment

Working...
      X