Is MLAT gone gone from F24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MLAT gone gone from F24?

So since FR24 started sending emails about encouraging users to disable MLAT I noticed the small planes and no longer visible on FR24 platform which is discouraging!
    Is it a commercial reason that FR24 is going for and focused on airliners mostly as I genuinely have zero interest in airliners.
    My local flightschool and other clubs have discontinued FR24 subscription and moved towards ADS-B exchange and Flightaware as MLAT is what keeps the Interest in GA aeroplanes. I will also stop feeding FR24 if that's the case with zero MLAT support. If all other sites can do it, why can't FR24.

I 100% agree. GA MLAT is close to non existent on FR24 in my area. I also consider stop feeding to FR24, as I have excellent GA MLAT coverage on other services.

Comment

Agree.

I have been feeding with 5 PI receivers in Denmark since 2017, only to improve GA coverage especially low level traffic.
      This spring there was feeder stabillty problems, causing some "offline" errors. A lot of ideas/solutions on this forum - some of them helped, others corrupted 2 of my receivers.
      Later i disabled MLAT funtionallity, as described in here, as I was also feeding data to other sites.
      The result this summer is, that we almost do not track any MLAT GA planes in my part of Denmark, anymore.

If FR24 masterplan is to ignore GA/MLAT/LowLevel covarage - i will bail out.

Have a nice summer!

Comment

Working...
      X