Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fr24 asks me to disable MLAT

Hi,
    I received a mail from fr24 asking me to disable MLAT. Is that legit? Why is it so? I'm using the official client software.

Important information
    If you intend to share data to networks alongside Flightradar24, in your Flightradar24 receiver please disable MLAT to the following settings: MLAT=“no”and MLAT-without-gps=“no”. This is to ensure the quality of the data we receive and use and to reduce incompatibility with other services.

I've just had the same email. It would be nice if they gave some instructions about what to do, the feeder settings screenshot is unreadable and they don't list what file should be edited in the first screenshot.

Comment

I've just had the same email ( twice in fact ) , I know how to access the settings page , but no idea how to edit the other file??
      Is this a mistake or ??

EDIT: Just seen an official post from FR24 regarding this:

This only relates to volunteer receivers and NOT Flightradar24 equipment.
      No action needed if you have receiver provided by Flightradar24.

Hi guys,

As a lot of you have seen, we sent out an email requesting that MLAT be disabled if sharing with other networks.

There is a lot of confusion revolving around this so this post is to add a little clarity.

If you are sharing with other networks ie. FlightAware, Radarbox, ADS-B Exchange etc please follow the below guide:

Please disable MLAT on either your fr24feed.ini configuration file.

Open Command Prompt (windows) or Terminal (MacOS/Linux) and enter the following.

ssh receiver@ipaddress

Once you are at the command line,

sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

receiver="avr-tcp"
      fr24key=" "
      host="127.0.0.1:30002"
      bs="no"
      raw="no"
      logmode="1"
      logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
      mlat="no"
      mlat-without-gps="no"

Or on the Web UI

http:// your receivers IP address:8754
      ie. 192.168.123.456:8754
      Last edited by Abyzz; 2022-05-25, 14:26.

Comment

It would have been incredibly useful if this text had been in the email.

Also, I assume you need to restart the service once you make the changes.

I did the edits with ssh, but restarted from the web interface since I didn't know how to from the command line.

What is "logmode?" Mine was set to 2, but I changed it to 1 to match this text.

Comment

Just a suggestion, if you ask the people to change their ini file or the web UI, they also have to restart the software (webui) or the service (SSH style) in order to activate the new configuration.
          SSH style the appropriate command would be "sudo service fr24feed restart" (without the exclamation marks off course).
          That would give a complet set of instructions and a correct activation of the new configuration.
          Last edited by f14driver; 2022-05-25, 16:46.

Comment

Working...
          X