Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to track a single AC

Hello there

I've been trying to set up my raspberry pi runnig fr24 with the ADS-B USB Dongle from Jetvision. The installation process went flawless, but my Pi is not able to track any aircrafts.

The fr24feed-status shows this:
    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2021-12-29 10:02:25.
    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-LSZR78.
    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (1 MSGS/0 SYNC).
    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0

The fr24 website also sees the status online an reports uptime. But there is no data.
    I've let my Pi sit for 24 houres and even checked if there were any near by planes that it cannot have missed.
    I also checked the dump1090 itself, wich was empty as well.
    After searching in this forum i tryied some things like updateing everything and checking the donge health, but everything seems fine.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Any help is very appriciated.

What antenna and cable are you using?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I'm using the small antenna that came with the ADS-B USB Dongle (see Jetvision website(i can't post the link because I'm new, but it's the cheapest with a antenna)). I don't think it's a defect because i bought them new. I also mounted the antenna on a good spot on my roof.

Comment

You can check for the receiver type, FC0012/13 don't work barely at all for ADS-B
        Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

Make sure to reboot after running that test.

You can also install the rtl-sdr package and run it without the script:

sudo apt install rtl-sdr
        sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
        sudo rtl_test

If that doesn't work ... an installation with graphs1090 might give you more hints like signal level and stuff:
        Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

What exact model of antenna / SDR do you have?

Comment

Hello, thank you for the reply. I use the "ADS-B RTL2832/R820T USB-Dongle" with the antenna that came with it. It is the model that is recommendet by flightradar24 in its "build your own" section.

I did run the rtl_test. The results look fine to me:

pi@fr24:~ $ sudo rtl_test
          Found 1 device(s):
          0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
          Detached kernel driver
          Found Fitipower FC0012 tuner
          Supported gain values (5): -9.9 -4.0 7.1 17.9 19.2
          Sampling at 2048000 S/s.

Info: This tool will continuously read from the device, and report if
          samples get lost. If you observe no further output, everything is fine.

Reading samples in async mode...
          Allocating 15 zero-copy buffers
          lost at least 88 bytes

Comment

> Found Fitipower FC0012 tuner

Useless for ADS-B / 1090 MHz.
            Which vendor did you get it from?

It's not R820T so if that's what you bought you got counterfeit goods ... try an get a replacement or your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
              It's not R820T so if that's what you bought you got counterfeit goods ... try an get a replacement or your money back.
              You mention you bought the kit from Jetvision. Was it one of these and if so which one?

Flight Tracking Hardwareprodukte & Softwarelösungen Antennen, Empfänger, Multilateration & Komplettlösungen für ADS-B, FLARM, Mode-A/C und -S Suchen Sie den passenden aus Branchenstandard bei Hardware für alle gängigen Empfangstechniken: jetvision. Überlegene Qualität durch hohe Empfangsempfindlichkeit

Jetvision is a highly reputable supplier of ADS-B receivers and equipment. If the receiver isn't working I'm sure they will help you resolve the issue.

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
              X