Replaced wifi dongle on raspberry pi now no wireless interfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced wifi dongle on raspberry pi now no wireless interfaces

Hi all, over the last week my raspberry pi feed has kept dropping, so I assumed it was the wifi dongle failing.
    I searched for a new WiFi dongle compatible with raspberry pi, swapped them over, on booting up I got no wireless interfaces, so I put the old one back in and it reports the same thing.
    Ive spent all evening on the raspberry pi forum and nothing I've tried has fixed it.
    Im now contemplating 1st a complete re install and if all else fails buying a new raspberry pi, mine is a pi 2 model b, so its getting old.
    Anyone have any ideas before I go down the rabbit hole, thanks.

try another power supply?

otherwise ... USB no longer working, try another port for the wifi dongle?

reinstall from scratch isn't so bad and you can try new stuff if you want: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i did try moving the dongle to a different port on my USB hub and also tried directly into the pi itself.
      The dongle is showing in the list of new usb devices.
      Oddly even the ethernet port isn't getting me online but i can ssh into the pi via putty from my pc.
      Fresh install is daunting as im also feeding plane plotter and 360 radar, so its not straightforward.

Comment

Well I've managed to get my feeds up and running again now, I swapped the adapter that my ethernet cable plugs into and I got Internet connection.
        Still no WiFi though.

Comment

Working...
        X