Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amd64 fr24feed install from repository

Hi all,

I have a working environment of dump1090-mutability and fr24feed on a x86_64 hardware (see www.pcengines.ch)

Due to the different HW Architecture I did not use the proposed install Script of Raspberry, but downloaded the deb install package manually
    (https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...25-3_amd64.deb) and installed it manually (dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.25-3_amd64.deb).

Question: what do I need to add to /etc/apt/sources.list in order to install it directly out of a Repository?
    (
    deb http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 linux-stable does not work)

Environment:
    Linux <hostname> 5.4.0-90-generic #101-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 15 20:00:55 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    (fully patched)

- dump1090-mutability installed by OS
    - manually installed fr24feed_1.0.25-3_amd64.deb
    - apt-cache policy fr24feed
    fr24feed:
    Installed: 1.0.25-3
    Candidate: 1.0.25-3
    Version table:
    *** 1.0.25-3 100
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Br roastedduck

fr24feed for amd64 wasn't updated in forever ... i doubt they provide a repository for it.

dump1090 mutability is kinda outdated, you might be interested in a better local interface (readsb / tar1090 combo) and the graphs are also pretty neat:

Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

(besides FA / FR24 installs listed there, everything should work regardless of platform despite the title)

Installing this stuff won't change your fr24feed install as it's only getting data from the usual ports (either 30002 or 30005 depending on config )

Comment

Thanks for the info. Instead of solving one issue, I got two now :-)

I moved from dump1090-mutability towards readsb (in a docker container)
      first experience: nicer, but cpu load is more than double. need to monitor a bit more.

Regarding fr24feed, I agree, the linux Version is a bit out of date, but there is nothing I can do.
      Additionally, there is (at least one) error in the debian amd64 package.
      Sources do not seem to be public, finally it runs in a container now, too.

Thats my way the OS does not get tainted, and I do not need to take care for Updates if available

Comment

Well i never talked about the docker version ... which is actually readsb-protobuf and not my version.
        Though if you run the tar1090 container, that runs my readsb ... it's a bit confusing.
        Anyhow ... better decoding requires more CPU

Comment

Working...
        X