WIFI will NOT enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIFI will NOT enable

i am sorry to bring this up again. I HAVE been through every post I can find. I HAVE enabled wifi by editing the wpa_supplicant on the SD before 1st boot. I have "tried" to edit the file after 1st boot via the file structure (but the info to do this on here appears old, b/c that directory either doesn't exist, or doing it using a regular instance of pi OS, the file has permissions set so I can't save changes.

I am about 18 hours into this project.
    I have only TWICE seen a 2nd IP address visible, telling me it actually enabled (as I type this , it is showing 2) but these are the times the feeder will not start at all.
    I CAN ssh into either of the IPs so i know they work..

I have bulked the SD and re-installed. That NEVER works. The ONLY way I can seem to get FR24 to actually work is if I SSH into a pi and do the install via the direct install that way;
    Otherwise, a direct .img just gives me the" Flightradar24 Feeder hasn't started." error. And THEN, when I go to the web on my PC, it says this receiver is online and activated.

I know using LAN and WIFI concurrently is not supposed to be done. SO... I unplug the Cat5 and it still gives me an IP but won't connect.

I am using (trying) 2 different pi boards.
    I have 1 SD with a regular install of a pi OS and it works like a champ. Wifi works. BT works. It's a computer. I tried loading FR24 on it as an overlay, but can't log into that overlay b/c it wants a password but none was required at install, and default ones don't work.

Also I have gone into the hardware config itself raspi-config and set wifi up.
    Interestingly, when I tried communicating with TechSupport, that was their only suggestion, and said that enables BT as well, but BT is not even a setting in there. Oh, but they did wish me "Best Regards"

Sorry this is jumbled, but as you can see, I'm not a total noob and have tried many combinations and nothing works.

any new thoughts or have you been through this Dorothy rabbit-hole and come out alive on the other side?
    Last edited by TomDLSRQ; 2021-10-14, 18:41.

I'd recommend using this guide: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

One possibility could be one of the metal cases that doesn't work well with the wifi antenna on the RPi board.
    You can try reorienting the side of the pi opposite to the USB ports towards the wifi you want to connect to.

Comment

Hello,
      I have an annoying issue with my Raspberry Pi.
      I moved and have a new router now, before it was fritzbox 7490 now I have a fritzbox 6660.
      I modified the wpa_supplicant.conf accordingly to my new WiFi network.
      But when I use the Pi without an Ethernet cable I don’t get a connection.
      My router is showing the PI and it’s IP Adresse but I can’t connect via SSH nor Web GUI.
      When I plug in the Lan cable it works.
      I already flashed the SD Card new. But it doesn’t help.
      I use the PI24 image

Really strange is, that the feed is running live on FR24 as you can see filtered T-EDLP105, even online on my statistics, but it is impossible to reach the Pi via SSH, Web GUI. WEB Dump or plotting to SBS-Plotter.

kind regards
      247096206_1754430678280364_2528149718190683863_n.jpg248549197_1754430718280360_145703563147429657_n.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by EDVK39; 2021-10-22, 17:46.

Comment

Working...
      X