New feed provider, unable to upload data to FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feed provider, unable to upload data to FR24

I've just set up my receiver, an E4000 DVB-T stick, and I'm struggling to get data out to the FR24 feed. The Dump1090 and FR24feed sSW is running under Debian on a thin client PC. If I navigate my browser (on my desktop PC which isn't hosting the data capture), I can navigate to capturePCIP/dump1090/gmap.html I can see live data with good reception. However, when I go to capturePCIP:8754, I'm getting the messages FR24 Link: Disconnected (Not found, check your key!) & FR24 Radar Code: N/A.
    I did initially have an issue with the fr24feed.ini file which had CR/LF for every line; I cleaned up the file and removed the CRs; on restarting the FR24feed application, I still get the same message, but the settings page does correctly list my key and my other parameters.
    I've run a wireshark capture during restarting of the application, and at no point does it appear to send the key value to feed.flightradar24.com, although there are a number of TCP and TLS messages exchanged.
    This is the contents of the FR24 Feeder Settings page:

Any suggestions as to what to check next?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by CambridgeMart; 2021-07-05, 23:36.

Turn off 30003. the --net you specified turns that on externally.

Is it the Pi version? If it is too old linux ver it may now be dropped from being able to connect to server.

Stop feeder.
    delete the config file. Re do
    sudo fr24feed --signup
    And use the same details to be sure.

If your key is an old one you had some time ago, and you are attempting to re-use. And not a fresh issue. It's also possible ID/station was deleted from server end.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the guidance. I've changed the ini file and restarted the FR24feed application, but it's made no difference. This is the settings screen after the restart which confirms the changes were applied. The key was generated 1 week ago.

FR24 Settings Updated 6-7-21.png

Comment

Just use this guide to set everything set up: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

That should get you going if you already know wireshark.
        In case i understand you correctly, you'd need to set receiver to ModeSBeast - Network and add host 127.0.0.1:30005
        DVB-T means fr24feed tries to start dump1090 itself ....

Comment

I tried setting the receiver up as a ModeS beast but that didn't work. Looking through the documentation, I realised that it needs to be set up as avr-tcp with the address set to localhost and the port to 30002; having done this, FR24 is now seeing the aircraft, however it's still showing the FR24 link as disconnected. I've been trawling the packets captured by WireShark, but haven't found a recognisable key value being transmitted, however it does appear that the exchange uses TLS after the initial handshake so I may be trying to find clear data in encrypted traffic.

Comment

And the feeder version is.....?

The write only mode bottom right isn't terribly... normal.

Sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
            Sudo fr24feed

watch what it does for more clues.

But if you have a strict stateful firewall. It's probably being blocked. Or your VM/whatever doesn't have proper NAT to the host gateway. There are a few hosts contacted during startup. Not just one.

And super old version probably won't do the new ones
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

beast / network / 30005 usually works better, but whatever.

If this is the non Pi / non arm version of the software, just forget it, they don't update it, it's bad.

Try generating a fresh key by stopping the service and running --configure ?
              Last edited by wiedehopf; 2021-07-07, 08:09.

Comment

I'm not seeing any connections to anything other than feed.flightradar24.com (other than DNS and NTP services); does this mean the build I'm using is too old?
                The SW version is shown as Linux/generic/static_i386/1.0.25-3; it's running on a thin client which uses x86 architecture; I wasn't aware that the versions other than Pi / ARM weren't being maintained!

Comment

OK, sorted out after I generated a new key; it appears I used the wrong long and lat the first time, so I don't know if that messed up the registration.

Comment

Working...
                  X