• fungsaihou
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Another good workaround for IPv6 problems is to:

In the file /etc/gai.conf find the following line:

#precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Uncomment this line so it looks like:

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Your Pi will now prefer IPv4 over IPv6 without disabling IPv6.
    I've done this and the feeder now happily connects over IPv4, system updates run smoother as well, and I still have IPv6 available.

If you have previously disabled IPv6 then you need to re-enable it for this solution to work properly.
    Bravo! Your method is working. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyBravo
    replied
    Another good workaround for IPv6 problems is to:

In the file /etc/gai.conf find the following line:

#precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Uncomment this line so it looks like:

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Your Pi will now prefer IPv4 over IPv6 without disabling IPv6.
    I've done this and the feeder now happily connects over IPv4, system updates run smoother as well, and I still have IPv6 available.

If you have previously disabled IPv6 then you need to re-enable it for this solution to work properly.

Leave a comment:

• fungsaihou
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    If you already have a feeder id, follow these steps:
    1. When you reach the stage where your email address is asked, press Ctrl+c. This will break signup process, and you will see a command prompt like below
      Code:
      pi@raspberrypi:~ $
    2. Now give following command
      Code:
      sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini
    3. The above command will open a file with 3 lines of text. Above those 3 lines of text Copy-Paste following 3 lines
      Code:
      receiver="beast-tcp"
      host="127.0.0.1:30005"
      fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxx"

NOTE:Replace xxxxxxxxx by your actual key.

4. Save (Ctrl+o) and Close (Ctrl+x)

5. Now restart fr24feed
      Code:
      sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    6. Go to page ip-of-pi:8754
    abcd567,

Thanks for the sharing info.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Coxy View Post
    ......but got stuck on the Feeder id...
    If you already have a feeder id, follow these steps:
    1. When you reach the stage where your email address is asked, press Ctrl+c. This will break signup process, and you will see a command prompt like below
      Code:
      pi@raspberrypi:~ $
    2. Now give following command
      Code:
      sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini
    3. The above command will open a file with 3 lines of text. Above those 3 lines of text Copy-Paste following 3 lines
      Code:
      receiver="beast-tcp"
      host="127.0.0.1:30005"
      fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxx"

NOTE:Replace xxxxxxxxx by your actual key.

4. Save (Ctrl+o) and Close (Ctrl+x)

5. Now restart fr24feed
      Code:
      sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    6. Go to page ip-of-pi:8754
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-07-18, 05:11.

Leave a comment:

• Coxy
    replied
    Originally posted by fungsaihou View Post
    FR24 really takes time to fix and don't know when all these issues will be fixed? Pending all these and made me would like to quit from providing data to them. We did all this using our own devices, internet, electricity and so on and share data to them for free. And what we got from them only a BUSINESS account and most of the time those data they can provided to us not really useful, the only advantages are no ads and no timeout. FR24 really earned these profits from all over the world T-Stations. If all the T-Stations stop providing the data to FR24, who will be the losser? FR24 also very stingy to provide the feeders to most of the area as their reason is there already feeders (F-Station - 2 ONLY) in your area abut we will re-consider your application and keep in the list..... Is this a best way which compared to other ADSB company (as long as you can provide the data for free, and willing to run for 24/7/365, normally they will provide you the ADSB feeders for free...). Sometimes really up sad when deal with FR24...
    And the feeders you can register with the same email is 3 MAX, if more than that, have to email them and request ..... Such a stupid way of doing business...

Most important is IPV6 issue, for those users who wants to contribute to FR24, will have to disable the IPV6 before signup / fill in details during setup...
    You are correct about the ipv6, i did a fresh install and made sure i didn't select DVBT ... (thanks ABCD....) but got stuck on the Feeder id. Took a fewattempts before the penny dropped.

You mention no time out, i am a Business user and i am still getting the 'I am not a robot' check every time i have re check the map in Firefox....

Leave a comment:

• fungsaihou
    replied
    FR24 really takes time to fix and don't know when all these issues will be fixed? Pending all these and made me would like to quit from providing data to them. We did all this using our own devices, internet, electricity and so on and share data to them for free. And what we got from them only a BUSINESS account and most of the time those data they can provided to us not really useful, the only advantages are no ads and no timeout. FR24 really earned these profits from all over the world T-Stations. If all the T-Stations stop providing the data to FR24, who will be the losser? FR24 also very stingy to provide the feeders to most of the area as their reason is there already feeders (F-Station - 2 ONLY) in your area abut we will re-consider your application and keep in the list..... Is this a best way which compared to other ADSB company (as long as you can provide the data for free, and willing to run for 24/7/365, normally they will provide you the ADSB feeders for free...). Sometimes really up sad when deal with FR24...
    And the feeders you can register with the same email is 3 MAX, if more than that, have to email them and request ..... Such a stupid way of doing business...

Most important is IPV6 issue, for those users who wants to contribute to FR24, will have to disable the IPV6 before signup / fill in details during setup...
    Last edited by fungsaihou; 2018-07-17, 22:37.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    I rarely check my FR24 stats page. Last I checked was in the beginning of 2018. This saves me frustration.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Yep.

Keeping in mind we are only 20 or so users engaging the thought of a possible 5000? Feeders that may have fire and forget installs that have not uploaded for over a month and not yet realised, so coverage accuracy may be down with the stats

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• fungsaihou
    replied
    The only not fixed still the IPV6. If the Raspberry Pi Raspbian is fresh installed, the IPV6 is enabled and during the setup of the FR24feed sign-up procedure, it will not let us to key in anything after the verification of of sharing key, then the setup ended. Have to disable the IPV6 then can proceed with the setup.

Leave a comment:

• ylis
    replied
    Updated info from Mr Khan in 1st post of this thread

Leave a comment:

• ylis
    replied
    Have you noticed the max range used to be rounded to the nearest 5 - now it seems it isn't rounding. It's also updating more regularly than the recent discussion about it being the max distance recorded in the last 30 days!

... and I wish I'd kept a screenshot of my rank increasing by 3322 in a single bound during the midst of the problem - not likely to ever see that again.

Leave a comment:

• Jetlagged787
    replied
    Originally posted by Stonethecrows View Post
    I did say that I would not make further comment, however on further reflection, SOMETHING has definitely happened over the past week or so. I have clear memory that the display was broader and displayed MANY T- radars, however over the past week or so, this has changed radically (they are now so rare you would think T- dont exist). I accept your disclaimer, but something has most definitely changed in the last week. This IS my final comment
    To help you compare, at 09:25 UTC/19:25 AEST I placed SYD at the top right hand corner and MEL at the bottom of the display. There were 132 aircraft only 7 of which were being fed by a T. I appreciate that our maps should be the same, but the way the system is at the moment, who knows! Let's see what these new fixes that JohnnyBravo kindly informed us of, do for it .

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyBravo
    replied
    I've received another email from FR24 support today and they said that further fixes to the stats were applied today.
    Hopefully it'll all be more stable and reliable....

Leave a comment:

• Stonethecrows
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Along lines of

SELECT * from <dbase>
    Order by NOW() DESC
    Where ActivefeederID RAND()

Disclaimer - its likely nothing like that but you get the idea. Lots of sources, only 1 to choose from and less CPU time given to select accurately.
    I did say that I would not make further comment, however on further reflection, SOMETHING has definitely happened over the past week or so. I have clear memory that the display was broader and displayed MANY T- radars, however over the past week or so, this has changed radically (they are now so rare you would think T- dont exist). I accept your disclaimer, but something has most definitely changed in the last week. This IS my final comment

Leave a comment:

• mem0tap
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    (1) This looks great. What velocity factor you took for bamboo insulation you slipped over copper wires?
    (2) Discussion about antennas is off-topic for this thread. Let us continue antenna discussion in relevant thread:

best antenna

The "best antenna" thread was started in November 2011, and due to very active discussions, has by now grown to 273 pages
    I may post details later the antenna looks like a great success, it performs better than a commercial one that is mounted 7ft further up the mast! -Not sure how to move a post to another thread as I'm not a forum person. - check out stats on T-EGVF40 where you can see test antenna was added today for about 12 hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X