X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win32 Disk Imager Problem

Hello everybody,

i kindly ask for help.
    I have the following problem and i can not find any reference (Google) how to solve it or a hint what i doing wrong.
    In 2018 i configured a RPI 3b+ with raspbian Stretch using the Win32 Disk Imager-1.0 on a 8-Gb SD.
    After Boot i downloaded and configured:
    Dump-1090 Mutability 1.15 (Range Circles, Coverage Circles, Color the Circles and Clocks UTC & Local)
    and the feeders from:
    FlightRadar24
    FlightAware
    PlaneFinder
    PlanePlotter
    RadarBox24

After all work fine i used Win32 Disk Imager-1.0 to make a Image Copy (to bee able to quickly restore my station in case of a SD Problem.

My big surprise came now, t tried to restore my station on a fresh (8-Gb) SD.
    (Formatted using SD Card Formatter 5.0.1)

Win32 Disk Imager-1.0 reports:
    Not enough available space
    More space required than available
    Required: 15613952 sectors
    Available: 15360000 sectors
    SECTOR size: 512
    The extra space does not appear to contain data
    Continue Anyway?
    Continuing results in a not booting RPI.

Using a 16Gb SD solves the problem.
    But making a copy of the 16Gb SD and trying to write that image bring up the same problem.

As an alternative i try "Roadkils DiskImage Version 1.6"
    It also fails
    Disk Error
    Error #5 occurred while writing to disk at sector 8192.

Best regards
    Hardy

Either need to reparation firdt, or do a new setup and dont expand partition to use all space, and capture before you do.

Basically as soon as you expand, it uses the entire SD. And sectors will vary.

Stretch is also old. Replaced. And theres a script that users have done that will auto install those
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X