X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardH View Post
    Not a surprise, but I'm seeing the same thing. The simple request would seem to be... make the messaging consistent with the behavior?

Also, really, do links to FR24 need to be blocked? That would seem to be a very sensible compromise. I doubt there's any danger of spammers that link to your own site. Perhaps this feature of the forum software is not that intelligent?

This is my 5th message, so let's see if I can link to this same page:
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ew-users/page3
    Its automated. And cannot distinguish URLs. Basically there are 15 or so users a day that join and add URLs to profile and attempt to post. This cuts that possibility down.

You can still post them, just drop the http (which they are too dumb to do). The primary purpose is to put-off bot crawling.

Leave a comment:

• RichardH
    replied
    Not a surprise, but I'm seeing the same thing. The simple request would seem to be... make the messaging consistent with the behavior?

Also, really, do links to FR24 need to be blocked? That would seem to be a very sensible compromise. I doubt there's any danger of spammers that link to your own site. Perhaps this feature of the forum software is not that intelligent?

This is my 5th message, so let's see if I can link to this same page:
    Can we have some system where any new user has their first 1 or 2 posts moderated before they are published, there seems to be a flood of spam posts at the moment (3 so far today!) and it is all from people who have just registered (it may be the same person with multiple registrations?) it should not be any harder to moderate

Leave a comment:

• NigeF-51
    replied
    Hi,
    Could all of the above have some bearing why the post I made a couple of days ago, about the 7700 Mayday alerts, has vanished without trace? It was my first post here, without links, and had had over 100 views by this morning when I last checked, but no responses as yet. When I checked just now, nothing, no sign of the thread and my profile said I'd not posted anything!

Leave a comment:

• mainie
    replied
    Thanks.. and sorry.. it happend again.. mea culpa..

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    It will do that with code or HTML/links. Spam avoidance. I'll approve soon. Often don't notice as we see all messages and the flag is small in the corner.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mainie
    replied
    Hoy,

tried to repley to a post in the feeding section for the topic "mlat enabled but not running" a couple of hours ago. (trying to avoid links ) said:"waiting to be approoved" .. Am I banned? Did I use some "unwanted" words? Sunbeams?

Regards
    Maik

Leave a comment:

• paradiselost
    replied
    One of our old feeders who hasn't posted in a while got caught in the post being sent to the admin. I got notified of his new post and it never appeared...only to find later he got selected for the spam filter.

In spite of what Mike said about being no moderation.....there is. Oblivian, Zamboangaradar is the handle caught in the spam trap.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-01-08, 13:14.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Sure enough, you had one still not unflagged.

Along with about 70 others, half of which were junk messages from accts with spam in their profile testing how many posts required.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Actually you probably still have a post stuck in moderation approval which would change the figures. Unless we spot the flag on the side of the message, it appears normal to us and does not alert. I'll check that now.

.. That's automated BTW. If the system doesn't like your IP address, speed you posted, or content/words match likely bad ones it will auto moderate for approval. Not like someone did it to spite

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Reasons why I copy/paste before submit.. everywhere. Cause you never know when your cookies are going to lapse and log you out mid typing.
    And the numbers may not match if posts have been removed by mods or merged elsewhere.

We are often deleting multi-posts that the pesky people being paid peanuts sitting at desks are posting just so they can link in the last one. It may not look it, but I and a couple of others hit them fast and most the time no one will notice.

However this is one of few places with *22,000* members with 15+ a day being added, Ongoing attempts are to make the message to these people clear to go elsewhere and hopefully take a bit of ease off the site traffic for everyones benefit
    You can however I believe post links with spaces and no http etc, but the bots and idiots sitting at desks in the farms joining multi forums at once all attempt to copy-paste and it's them it restricts. I'm banning a few of them before even finishing registration it's so easy to tell. (so apologies to anyone I have done prematurely.. but usually can work out and undo a short while later)

Leave a comment:

• Erik12345
    replied
    Although, with my 5th post, the forum says this is 6th post...
    i guess i lost counting (same like the forum.........)

Please guys, i understand you want to avoid spam (totally agree on that), but this is not the right way. Assess the first or second post, then you know if it's a real person or not. Having a long post rejected (without saving the post) is very frustrating...

Leave a comment:

• Erik12345
    replied
    Yeah the 5th post did it :-)

Leave a comment:

• Erik12345
    replied
    Now it's getting exiting:

Sorry Erik12345, you are not allowed to post links in the forums. You must have a minimum of 4 posts in order to post links. You currently have 4 posts.

Euhhhhh. I hope 5 is enough.... :-(

Leave a comment:

• Erik12345
    replied
    I did get tonight:

vBulletin Message
    Sorry Erik12345, you are not allowed to post links in the forums. You must have a minimum of 4 posts in order to post links. You currently have 3 posts.

Oh wait, there was a link to the fr24 site in my post......

So sorry for my post, this post is for being able to post a link to the FR24 site in a reply to a message. :-)
    For sure i am happy that i saved the message before i clicked post quick reply..... Otherwise i would have been lost...

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    No there is no moderation in place. All users should be able to post directly after sign up. There has been several backend changes made in order to stop spammers and the number of spammers last 2 months has been reduced significantly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X